I WAS off the hook

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
for weeks...now I have no eggy, no porky, no sweetie this weekend. For everything else, one nighters by the dozens for weeks, now I have two nighters and food restrictions. I can't win for losing! I told DH I am going to make up BIBS that they wear around their necks at the table. How the heck and i supposed to remember all these things with a full house, and who it is who is married to who, they sometimes sit apart at the table.
This is when I think a boo-fay is the answer. Help yourself, take whatever you want.
chef.gif

This is why I like fall. We have guests back here after being gone for 10 days. (The guests were gone, not me.) I remembered no meat. In the summer they'd be lucky I remembered THEM!

We had one no dairy last week. Ok to cook his eggs in butter. OK if he smeared the biscuits with butter. OK, if we put cream in the eggs. Just don't put cheese on the top. I still don't get what the problem was. He did have his cereal with coconut milk.

We had one no dairy last week. Ok to cook his eggs in butter. OK if he smeared the biscuits with butter. OK, if we put cream in the eggs. Just don't put cheese on the top. I still don't get what the problem was. He did have his cereal with coconut milk..
Rather than telling you no dairy, he probably should have just said no cheese. Probably the cultures of cheese causes the problems. I had a "walk-in" (for me that is a call from the road) last week that could not have eggs - in any way, shape, or form. No eggs in anything. No sweat - I made the baked oatmeal using 2 tablespoons of water for each egg in the recipe. She loved it and asked for the recipe.

Boy, I'm right there with your frustration JB! I just got rid of someboday who was allergic to eggs (3 nights), all while I've got another person who can't have sweet items. I now have a guy who hates eggs and I just got a last minute reservation for tomorrow with someone who is lactose intolerant.
My patience is running way thin! Come on people, I only have 4 more nights before I get a little time off, can't you just eat all the regular stuff?!?!?!?! Give me a break!

Boy, I'm right there with your frustration JB! I just got rid of someboday who was allergic to eggs (3 nights), all while I've got another person who can't have sweet items. I now have a guy who hates eggs and I just got a last minute reservation for tomorrow with someone who is lactose intolerant.
My patience is running way thin! Come on people, I only have 4 more nights before I get a little time off, can't you just eat all the regular stuff?!?!?!?! Give me a break!.
Sometimes I think I should just get a vegan cookbook and be done with it. The entree is vegan, but I'll throw some sausage on the side for you. No one can complain about vegan stuff as far as allergies go. Just avoid soy. And peppers. And mushrooms. And nuts.
With all the things wrong with me I am thankful the only food issues I have are not allergies but just dislikes! I have no idea how some people live. Me, who just had lobster mac & cheese for lunch. That hits a lot of sore spots! Shellfish, gluten, dairy, high fat, salt.

My patience is running way thin! Come on people, I only have 4 more nights before I get a little time off, can't you just eat all the regular stuff?!?!?!?! Give me a break!.
Sometimes I think I should just get a vegan cookbook and be done with it. The entree is vegan, but I'll throw some sausage on the side for you. No one can complain about vegan stuff as far as allergies go. Just avoid soy. And peppers. And mushrooms. And nuts.
With all the things wrong with me I am thankful the only food issues I have are not allergies but just dislikes! I have no idea how some people live. Me, who just had lobster mac & cheese for lunch. That hits a lot of sore spots! Shellfish, gluten, dairy, high fat, salt.
Oh yum! Lobster Mac & Cheese!!! Now you're talkin'!
Try this one that's listed in the Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest cookbook:
DUNGENESS CRAB MAC & CHEESE WITH HAZELNUT CRUST
Recipe from Sybaris Bistro, Albany, OR
2 1/2 Cups uncooked penne pasta
2 Cups heavy cream
1/4 Cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 Cup grated white cheddar cheese
1 Tbl Dijon mustard
1/2 Lb Dungeness crabmeat (from a 2 lb crab)
Dash of Tabasco
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground white pepper
1/2 Cup hazelnuts, roasted and finely chopped
Lemon wedges (optional)
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cook the pasta in boiling water, following package directions, until it is not quite al dente. Drain and let cool.
  2. In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a boil over high heat. As soon as the cream boils, add the cooked pasta. Bring back to a boil and stir in the cheeses and mustard. Bring the mixture back to a boil and add the crabmeat, Tabasco and salt. Remove from heat and season to taste with pepper.
  3. Put the crab-pasta mixture in a greased casserole dish and sprinkle with the hazelnuts, Bake until hot and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
Variation: for an attractove presentation, bake the crab macaroni and cheese in clean crab shells. Ask your neighborhood fishmonger to save four crab shells for you to clean and bake in. Preheat the oven to 400 degress F. Place the shells on a baking sheet, carefully fill with the crab-pasta mixture, and sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Bake until hot and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.

They signed up for first or second seating, 8am or 9am. Of course one couple is here who in their own hand penned 9am, but showed at 8am. Who was it, oh yeah Arkie who said most guests have common sense or re guests.
Why does it matter? Well as mentioned at the start of this thread, special diets and btw these THREE MEN with these special diets are all named BILL.
And all you old men look alike, nose hair, ear hair and overgrown bushy eyebrows!
wink_smile.gif

They signed up for first or second seating, 8am or 9am. Of course one couple is here who in their own hand penned 9am, but showed at 8am. Who was it, oh yeah Arkie who said most guests have common sense or re guests.
Why does it matter? Well as mentioned at the start of this thread, special diets and btw these THREE MEN with these special diets are all named BILL.
And all you old men look alike, nose hair, ear hair and overgrown bushy eyebrows!
wink_smile.gif
eyebrows or eyebrow?

Back