I won't be here for a while and this has nothing to do with Innkeeping....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wren

Reaction score
A terrible thing has happened. My parents live in a condo complex that caught fire early this morning. 24 people are homeless, including them. The red cross intervened and put the homeless up in a Holiday Inn for the next couple of days. They have lost everything. My father is a diabetic and has no clothes, no meds...nothing. I'll keep you guys updated. I driving down there to see if there is anything I can do. The complex is condemned. Too much damage, even the units that didn't burn are getting boarded up for smoke and water damage.
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7112085

Best of luck to all of you in getting through this.
You and your parents will be in my prayers.

RW so sorry to hear that. Good thing they are uninjured. I am glad you can get down there to help out, you are a good kid! Hope it all works out and you can find them a place.

So sorry to hear of your family's problems! But at least they are alive.
Wishing speedy resolutions to all their problems.
Riki

What an awful thing. You must be so upset, I know I would be. Try to find someone to drive with you as you will no doubt be distracted. Be thankful they are not injured. I am so sorry for your situation and wishing you all the best.

I am so sorry about your parents' home. Wish I were close enough to do more that give words of encouragement. You are all in my prayers for strength to cope with this. What size are your parents - may be able to put together a "care" package. DH has tons of clothes he no longer wears. I have a draw full of T-shirts and other things if sizes work. And I am not talking cast-off grade - just things we no longer wear due to change of lifestyle to WV. DH came across a topcoat tonight with zip-out lining that he will never wear again because he does no for out when the weather would warrant wearing it.
Adding there are skirts too.

So very sorry to hear of your parents troubles. Our prayers are with your family.

I'm so sorry!! I'm sure they will be very happy to see you. I'm sure they are in shock and have no idea where to go from here. Please let us know if they need anything, I can't imagine what it would feel like to loose everything...
sad_smile.gif
Was their condo destroyed by the fire or the smoke?

RW, please let us know what your parents need (clothing, bedding, luggage)...we'd love to help if we can.

Oh my...I hope they will be ok. Any chance of salvaging anything from their apt? YOu are in our thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know how we can help you. As Kathleen says, there may be things we can send that may be of some comfort to them and to you.

Please let us know how we can help you. As Kathleen says, there may be things we can send that may be of some comfort to them and to you..
Yes, we may have some things like blankets and linens that are used but the type that are so well made they last forever. Things like that to get them started again. Please let us know. We may have some kitchen utensils as well. I'm from a long line of pack rats and just cannot throw things away, so have doubles of a lot of stuff.
Riki

If you can, post a list of things that can be used. I don't have a B&B, so I won't have too much in the way of linens and things, but I can send canned goods or toiletries. Prayers are with you.

If you can, post a list of things that can be used. I don't have a B&B, so I won't have too much in the way of linens and things, but I can send canned goods or toiletries. Prayers are with you..
What a shame. We are so sorry and if you do need anything let us know. Innkeepers are generous people. Between all of us we might have enough stuff to get them statred

Back