Ideas for Honey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Innkeep

Reaction score
A guest gave me a quart of honey today. I usually don't use it myself, and the little bear dispenser with honey next to the tea service rarely gets used. Anybody have recipe ideas (not elaborate gourmet) for me to try?

The walnut Oatmeal Pancakes posted in Recipes uses 1/4 cup of honey. they are easy and good.

Mix some in to plain greek yogurt to serve with fresh fruit. To "gourmet it up", drizzle a little extra honey on top and sprinkle with a little chopped fresh mint.

You can substitute honey for sugar in most recipes.
http://www.cooks.com/recipe/4516i4d5/substituting-honey-for-sugar.html

The granola I make uses a lot of honey. Ever made granola?.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm getting some ideas. BD, I am gradually expanding my cooking skills (was a non-cook when I started innkeeping but I'm getting the hang of it now). I haven't tried granola, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. Is the recipe already posted here?

The granola I make uses a lot of honey. Ever made granola?.
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I'm getting some ideas. BD, I am gradually expanding my cooking skills (was a non-cook when I started innkeeping but I'm getting the hang of it now). I haven't tried granola, but I think I'm ready for the challenge. Is the recipe already posted here?
Innkeep said:
Innkeep, I'm going to e-mail you my granola recipe.

Back