Ideas for the luxury market

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it says luxuary travellers but a lot of it applies to everyone -
(1) your customer wants their stay with you to be a hassel free experience
2- they value their privacy
3- things should be plugged in ! (this is one of the things my chamber maid is a jigger for.

3- things should be plugged in ! (this is one of the things my chamber maid is a jigger for..
I had a guest last year ring the bell to tell me the TV wasn't working. Because nothing worked I guessed the plug wasn't in. It sat like that for 2 months before someone complained.

3- things should be plugged in ! (this is one of the things my chamber maid is a jigger for..
I had a guest last year ring the bell to tell me the TV wasn't working. Because nothing worked I guessed the plug wasn't in. It sat like that for 2 months before someone complained.
I had a guest ring to ask if the television in his room worked (felt like saying it was for display only) and the reason it hadn't worked was he had unplugged it to plug something else in! I do however think this is something we can do that makes us compete with hotels better - make it easier and sleeker to do business with us ie online booking which is 24 hours ie I'm not being woken at 2am! put a lot of info on your web site so people don't have to ring up and ask or fight you for it! Think very carefully about all your processes - they may work for you but how do they work from the customer point of view? maybe try and get people who don't know your place to look at your web site and tell you what you think, preferably people who are a bit technologically challenged!
Also depending on how busy you are I am trying to work through each room sit on a chair, read a book, watch television, work on my laptop etc to see how easy it is to do all these things to make sure the guest experience is as sleek and easy to do.

dup post

Hassle-free is why I have my turn-by-turn routings and packed lunch packages and the Inn-to-inn packages. Just produce that little credit card and all is taken care of (with the inn-to-inn, first inn takes the money for the package and sends a check to the other for their half).

3- things should be plugged in ! (this is one of the things my chamber maid is a jigger for.
Maybe this is part of my pet peeves, people who unplug things. I've contemplated having the ends snipped off and permanently attaching the plug so they can't unplug things. It's not like they lacks outlets! I have to go back daily checking that everything is plugged in.
Last week, someone played with the TV cabling because they couldn't figure out how to use the DVD and Video player... because asking was apparently too difficult a task.

I had a guest a couple years ago who was here a couple days a week on business. He would unplug everyting to plug in his stuff I guess so I went out and got the surge strip for each room and they are located in outlets near the bed for the breathing machines (I get a lot of those) and where it would be logical to plug in the computer/phone charger, etc. They no longer unplug my lamps. Now if I could only get them to leave the emergency lights in their sockets.........

more amenities?
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Two Berkshire County innkeepers are accused of offering a little extra at their historic [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= 'Times New Roman'].[/FONT][/B]
Police: Innkeepers ran prostitution business at bed and breakfast
WNYT
Police: Innkeepers ran prostitution business at bed and breakfast WNYT Two Berkshire County innkeepers are accused of offering a little extra at their historic bed and breakfast. Police in Lee, Mass. say the operators of the Inn at Laurel Lake in Lee were running a prostitution business out of the inn. ...

Welcome back, JB, and with such a good report!

more amenities?
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Two Berkshire County innkeepers are accused of offering a little extra at their historic [/FONT]bed and breakfast[FONT= 'Times New Roman'].[/FONT][/B]
Police: Innkeepers ran prostitution business at bed and breakfast
WNYT
Police: Innkeepers ran prostitution business at bed and breakfast WNYT Two Berkshire County innkeepers are accused of offering a little extra at their historic bed and breakfast. Police in Lee, Mass. say the operators of the Inn at Laurel Lake in Lee were running a prostitution business out of the inn. ....
Oh peachy. Every planning board in every town and village will be hearing about that one.
Interesting set up when you think about it, tho. A husband and wife team? Did they both offer their services? Separately? Together?
Sorry, mind is wandering...

Back