If I google image search for you what will I find?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Discussing taking pix of breakfast on the linkedin forum:
But in other news, OH HOW I LOVE following many of you and seeing your breakfast photos, pastries, coffee service, anything and everything, guests sitting outside... keep up the good work! Be sure to NAME your image with your B&B in the name, so it comes up in GOOGLE IMAGES!
ie "biscuits and ham_Nilton House bed breakfast Delaware"
and not
image1.jpg
or breakfastOct2013.jpg
Another helpful comment for this forum specifically:
I am mentioning this here, why? When I asked for images for the innteractive inns blog, none of them had the B&B name in the image file name. I didn't say anything then, I am now. I changed the name so it had your inn name and now you will be finding those on google searches (images and otherwise).
If I go to your homepage right now, and look at the images titles what will I find?
pool.jpg
gardens_03.jpg
breakfast_12.jpg
innkeepers.jpg
etc...

Yes, Ma'am. My project for the winter. Mainly because I do not know HOW to do it. But will learn.

So...you're saying just change the name of the pictures that are on the website? To something that includes the name of the B&B, correct?

I TRY to make them more specific....and identifiable..but sometimes in my rush to get work done...I am not always on the ball:-( Thanks for reminding me to work harder :)

Phew! I just did a search and was very happy! Lots of photos from our website and a TON from all my blog posts. Another reason to keep blogging.

So...you're saying just change the name of the pictures that are on the website? To something that includes the name of the B&B, correct?.
BananaE29 said:
So...you're saying just change the name of the pictures that are on the website? To something that includes the name of the B&B, correct?
Just like that! The photo name and any accompanying alt tags should have your inn name in them. Readable. ABC_Inn, not abcinn. Altho I think Google knocks out the _ it makes it easier to read if separated.
Like JB said, ABC_inn blueberry pancakes is better than 'breakfast' or the original id assigned by the camera!

Phew! I just did a search and was very happy! Lots of photos from our website and a TON from all my blog posts. Another reason to keep blogging..
Breakfast Nemo said:
Phew! I just did a search and was very happy! Lots of photos from our website and a TON from all my blog posts. Another reason to keep blogging.
TONS from the blog. That's good because it directly links back to the site.

Joey, I misinterpreted your post and did a google search on my own name. I had no idea there were that many ugly people in the world named "Tom Beckwith."
But, on a brighter side, I google-imaged our inn and found a lot of wonderful pictures. But I will begin adding our inn name to images and see what happens.
Thanks for this tip!
Tom

I am happy with what I found. Thanks for the tip JB

Back