If you had just made a glorious fresh fruit salad and no one came to eat it, would you be inclined to :

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suggestions for ripening or sweetening fruit not quite ripe or sweet enough?
I know the trick for a melon is slice it THIN and keep it chilled.
I recall someone mentioning an artificial sweetener sprinkled on the fruit before serving? Do guests need to be told this is on there?
What about peaches and pears?

I recall someone mentioning an artificial sweetener sprinkled on the fruit before serving? Do guests need to be told this is on there?
What about peaches and pears?.
Paper sack if you haven't cut the fruit yet. I left a couple of peaches on the counter right next to the fridge & the heat from the motor ripened them right up.

Paper sack if you haven't cut the fruit yet. I left a couple of peaches on the counter right next to the fridge & the heat from the motor ripened them right up.
Bree said:
Right. I am talking about - there you are prepping for breakfast, you cut the fruit and dang it not sweet! Or too firm, and you have to cut it and serve it today.

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What about peaches and pears?
We've used Stevia sweetener on fruit. It's safe for diabetics and works fine. We do tell them, however.

Bree said:
Right. I am talking about - there you are prepping for breakfast, you cut the fruit and dang it not sweet! Or too firm, and you have to cut it and serve it today.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
If you think sugar might be taken wrong by guests (diabetic or whatever) try lemon juice. Otherwise, lemon juice and sugar, real sugar BTW, not that chemical stuff...

Back