If you had just made a glorious fresh fruit salad and no one came to eat it, would you be inclined to :

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d - depending on the fruit. Melon, citrus and blueberries hold up well overnight; kiwi and bananas not so well. Strawberries - sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I agree..."D". And nowadays, I tend to use more melon, as it stores better, and is more cost effective...both in terms of cost per serving and longevity.

Depends on what's in it. But we eat a lot of leftover fruit for lunch.

D absolutely! have a little myself today. anything that looks less than glorious tomorrow goes in that smoothie!
(though you might be tempted to pitch it)

E. Dump it over their heads..
Joe Bloggs said:
E. Dump it over their heads.
thumbs_up.gif

Nothing goes to waste here. Even the dog would eat it..
We're getting our five servings a day ourselves and am very pleasantly surprised at how many kinds of fruit the new puppy loves.
She also LOVES the little carrots that are leftover from the afternoon snack plates.
Should have offered this question earlier but do folks make individual fruit cups or one big bowl and serve from that?
Ours are made individually and that cuts down on waste to begin with and makes for a very pretty presentation at the table.

We're getting our five servings a day ourselves and am very pleasantly surprised at how many kinds of fruit the new puppy loves.
She also LOVES the little carrots that are leftover from the afternoon snack plates.
Should have offered this question earlier but do folks make individual fruit cups or one big bowl and serve from that?
Ours are made individually and that cuts down on waste to begin with and makes for a very pretty presentation at the table.
Single servings.

Hmmm, anything that would make a good french toast tomorrow??
chef.gif

D. Make a smoothie, whatever we can't re-serve or eat ourselves goes in the compost.

I do a compote because it is less waste. i do not make it a huge one - have small size for 2-people and a larger one for 4 or more.
It is less wate because if individual, I do not know if they touched it so anything in there goes to the composter. If in the compote, DH can eat what is left or I can make us smoothies. No waste.

Tim_Toad_HLB said:
All food is plated in the kitchen out of guest sight. Fruit salad, in this case would be presented in small, colorful, japanese style bowls and garnished with a fresh mint sprig from the garden and served individually.

Back