If you have a Y a hoo mail account

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Had a conversation the other day that struck me as odd. This person was saying how she can see emails her sister sends to other people and emails that other people send to her sister. She sees these on her Y ah oo email page. No one quite understood what she meant until I checked my Y a ho o account and found I could read emails addressed to Gomez.
So, here's the deal...if you have anyone in your address book with a Y a h o o account, their emails (and, conversely, yours) can show up on the email updates 'wall' in your/their account. Along with the names of anyone you have recently added to your address book.
If you don't want your friends and family knowing you are secretly buying performance enhancing meds online, you need to turn off the 'Social' feature in your mail options. That will NOT erase anything Yah oo has already posted about you, but it will stop future updates from being made.
A word to the wise...

Where is the social feature? I am trying to locate it for my mom. Thx.

Where is the social feature? I am trying to locate it for my mom. Thx..
Upper right hand of page (when you're in your mail account). Click 'Options' and then 'Mail Settings' and it's the first thing in the 'General' tab.

Wow....that's like FB. Did they notify you of that setting and that you had to opt out of the "social" choice? That would annoy me.
I have never used them for email. I have the option in GMail of sharing my calendar with someone else that uses their apps, but you have to set it up that way.
That's kind of odd....

Wow....that's like FB. Did they notify you of that setting and that you had to opt out of the "social" choice? That would annoy me.
I have never used them for email. I have the option in GMail of sharing my calendar with someone else that uses their apps, but you have to set it up that way.
That's kind of odd.....
No, they didn't inform me in so many words. I 'guess' that they may have had some sort of pop up message or something. But, yes, a lot like the FB debacle. I emailed the person I was talking to and let her know, she was very happy to know there was a fix.

Back