If you just have 30 seconds -

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
What would you say to entice someone to book?
I have signed to do a 30 second campaign radio spot in a market area
The station is soft rock - target market are women 35-55 years old.

I should say I signed to do a a 30 second spot for 2 weeks! The target audience would be women 35-55 years of age. The spots will run M-F during am and pm rush hour traffic - so prime time!

I just did a 30 second radio spot... location, reason to visit, description of b&b and website...that's about all 30 seconds can give you.

Let us know how that works for you! I've wondered if that was something we should try. Good for you for trying something new!

I should say I signed to do a a 30 second spot for 2 weeks! The target audience would be women 35-55 years of age. The spots will run M-F during am and pm rush hour traffic - so prime time!.
Focus on the fact they are sitting in traffic when they could be relaxing at your place. And hpw they deserve to be relaxed!

yup just the good things you have to offer-and you may want to mention getting together with your girlfriends..of course after the important stuff and your website-if anything else they will remember your website.
Good luck!

Mention whirlpool tubs if you have them. And breakfast special dishes
Riki

NOt sure about the "savory" breakfast. I know what you mean..but maybe a different adjective...maybe even bountiful,delicious, or luscious??? The rest sounds great!

Rush hour you say? I would emphasize sitting on the porches/grounds/quiet/relaxation/let someone else serve you...ie do the cooking. Get away from it all...modern amenities/all rooms have private baths, emphasize not having to leave the state or drive too far...
If it were me I would speak about waking up to fresh coffee and morning sun and the sounds of the birds...
Guests just left who live near Toronto. They told me there is no green there, it is just urban sprawl. They are loving their drive south and enjoying every minute and even saw a bear and cub yesterday.
So thinking of people who drive work sleep drive work sleep I would try to appeal to the fresh air, great coffee, change of scenery. If it were me, I wouldn't emphasize the linens and beds so much. Just my 2 cents. People would give anything to sleep-in in their own beds.

This is what I have come up with, hoping I am within time limit - After asking some of my friends for honest feedback: one of my friends said they read it aloud in 25 sec, another in the marketing bus. gave it 2 thumbs up as well, of course there was another who wanted me to add nore descriptive.
Imagine yourself resting in the shade of majestic oaks, or basking in the sun by a refreshing pool, then sleeping in a cloud of luxury with down comforters and pillows. Awaken to a savory breakfast prepared just for you. No need to dream – make it reality! "Copperhead" Bed and Breakfast just north of My City www.my website Great for a girls weekend or a romantic getaway. (mention "radio call letters" for a welcome gift)
This air time begins next Monday, for 2 weeks. It is still warm here, with swimming & sunning well into Oct. so mentioning the pool I think is still a go. We do not have special tubs. And while we do offer massage packages - I make only $10 per massage so would be promoting my therapist, not me! And knowing how people listen, some may think it is included in the room rate - or they will think they can come here just for a massage. People think crazy thoughts - just like some who tell me "oh, we will have to come by for breakfast some morning".

oh! I just read what you have...close to what I would do... very close.

This is what I have come up with, hoping I am within time limit - After asking some of my friends for honest feedback: one of my friends said they read it aloud in 25 sec, another in the marketing bus. gave it 2 thumbs up as well, of course there was another who wanted me to add nore descriptive.
Imagine yourself resting in the shade of majestic oaks, or basking in the sun by a refreshing pool, then sleeping in a cloud of luxury with down comforters and pillows. Awaken to a savory breakfast prepared just for you. No need to dream – make it reality! "Copperhead" Bed and Breakfast just north of My City www.my website Great for a girls weekend or a romantic getaway. (mention "radio call letters" for a welcome gift)
This air time begins next Monday, for 2 weeks. It is still warm here, with swimming & sunning well into Oct. so mentioning the pool I think is still a go. We do not have special tubs. And while we do offer massage packages - I make only $10 per massage so would be promoting my therapist, not me! And knowing how people listen, some may think it is included in the room rate - or they will think they can come here just for a massage. People think crazy thoughts - just like some who tell me "oh, we will have to come by for breakfast some morning"..
How about 'Right now you could be relaxing...' instead of 'imagine yourself...' Not sure which packs the most visceral punch to 'get it done'.

are you giving the inn phone number?
who is recording it?
if it's you, have you practiced and listened and timed yourself to get the inflections and the timing right?
i think it's a great idea.

NOt sure about the "savory" breakfast. I know what you mean..but maybe a different adjective...maybe even bountiful,delicious, or luscious??? The rest sounds great!.
Thanks E. I do like that better!!!!

are you giving the inn phone number?
who is recording it?
if it's you, have you practiced and listened and timed yourself to get the inflections and the timing right?
i think it's a great idea..
Since this is during rush hour, the phone number is wasted air time... If they remember my B&B name & location they can easily find my website. I would think that the majority of the listeners during this time of day would be computer savvy.
This will be recorded by the pros at the radio station - heaven forbid me to do it. It takes me 4-5 tries to get a voice mail recording done.
embaressed_smile.gif

CH don't waste a moment on a phone number, but INSERT you B&B name at least THREE TIMES.
<The COPPERHEAD B&B> wants you to Imagine yourself resting in the shade of majestic oaks, or basking in the sun by a refreshing pool, then sleeping in a cloud of luxury with down comforters and pillows. Awaken at <The COPPERHEAD B&B> to a savory breakfast prepared just for you. No need to dream – make it reality at <The COPPERHEAD B&B>! "Copperhead" Bed and Breakfast just north of My City website. Great for a girls weekend or a romantic getaway. Visit <The COPPERHEAD B&B WEBSITE TODAY> and mention "radio call letters" for a welcome gift)

CH don't waste a moment on a phone number, but INSERT you B&B name at least THREE TIMES.
<The COPPERHEAD B&B> wants you to Imagine yourself resting in the shade of majestic oaks, or basking in the sun by a refreshing pool, then sleeping in a cloud of luxury with down comforters and pillows. Awaken at <The COPPERHEAD B&B> to a savory breakfast prepared just for you. No need to dream – make it reality at <The COPPERHEAD B&B>! "Copperhead" Bed and Breakfast just north of My City website. Great for a girls weekend or a romantic getaway. Visit <The COPPERHEAD B&B WEBSITE TODAY> and mention "radio call letters" for a welcome gift).
I agree to repeating the name of your business 3 times! Old marketing trick. And changing the adjective for your breakfast from "savory" to something like yummy, luscious, homemade, or bountiful...whatever describes what YOU do! (Savory doesn't include yummy French toast. haha!)
Sounds like a really good marketing tool!

<The COPPERHEAD B&B> wants you to Imagine yourself resting in the shade of majestic oaks, or basking in the sun by a refreshing pool, then sleeping in a cloud of luxury with down comforters and pillows. Awaken at <The COPPERHEAD B&B> to a savory breakfast prepared just for you. No need to dream – make it reality at <The COPPERHEAD B&B>! "Copperhead" Bed and Breakfast just north of My City website. Great for a girls weekend or a romantic getaway. Visit <The COPPERHEAD B&B WEBSITE TODAY> and mention "radio call letters" for a welcome gift).
I agree to repeating the name of your business 3 times! Old marketing trick. And changing the adjective for your breakfast from "savory" to something like yummy, luscious, homemade, or bountiful...whatever describes what YOU do! (Savory doesn't include yummy French toast. haha!)
Sounds like a really good marketing tool!
I use the term sumptuous for our breakfast.

Back