If you take pets...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
...do you change the sheets out on a stayover if the dog has shed all over them or do you suppose the guest is used to hairy sheets?

assuming it's their dog
wink_smile.gif

and the dog is staying over
i assume they invited the dog into the bed if it's that hairy
so i'd wrap duct tape around the palm of my hand, sticky side out, to catch some hairs, and make up the bed with the same sheets. same as for folks without 'hairy sheets' ... fluff it and forget it.

How about one of those sticky clothes roller things? it would be quicker. quick wizz round and that would be it.

If I did take pets, I would make no distinction in the sheet changing policy for those guests that had pets.

How about one of those sticky clothes roller things? it would be quicker. quick wizz round and that would be it..
Perfect solution, wish I had thought of it.
However, I was pretty peeved at the time because I had provided them with everything they needed to keep the bedding 'fresh' from dog hair and the dog obviously didn't use any of it. The entire room got stripped today, right down to washing the bedskirts. It was that bad.

If I did take pets, I would make no distinction in the sheet changing policy for those guests that had pets..
Agreed. If you take an extra cleaning deposit (versus just a damage deposit), then I might reconsider.

If I did take pets, I would make no distinction in the sheet changing policy for those guests that had pets..
Agreed. If you take an extra cleaning deposit (versus just a damage deposit), then I might reconsider.
We charge what essentially amounts to a cleaning fee altho we provide a lot of 'free' amenities with that. This dog used every last dime. I'm on my 4th load of laundry from this room and I have 3 more to go. Had I stripped the sheets yesterday that would have made 8 loads of laundry for a 2-night stay for 1 room, not including the towels. We may also end up cleaning the whole carpet instead of just going with the spot cleaning.

hmmm ... sounds like my late husband's dog. shed constantly in copious amounts ... drove me crazy. i do mean copious and i do mean constantly. and the more you brushed him, the more he shed. we'd walk him and leave a trail of dog fur/fluff. he was a mixed breed with samoyed ... a love of a dog, really. but that fur! he was NEVER on the bed or on the furniture, but you'd have thought he was. i'd get to work and have his fur on me. my guess is that this pet's people are totally used to it.

We charge what essentially amounts to a cleaning fee altho we provide a lot of 'free' amenities with that. This dog used every last dime. I'm on my 4th load of laundry from this room and I have 3 more to go. Had I stripped the sheets yesterday that would have made 8 loads of laundry for a 2-night stay for 1 room, not including the towels. We may also end up cleaning the whole carpet instead of just going with the spot cleaning.
Good Grief...I'm so sorry. I hope they take the time to acknowledge your hard work.

Good Grief...I'm so sorry. I hope they take the time to acknowledge your hard work.
Banana said:
They're gone. Hopefully they noted how clean the room was when they arrived compared to when they left, but my guess is they deal with this at home so didn't even notice.

I would say they are. We have a shedder and he is in our bed all day while we're gone. I use the sticky roller things everywhere. I use them also to roll over the couch and loveseat when I flip rooms as humans shed as well. We just had a cute couple one of whom was a lovely Asian American and sure enough I got those long dark hairs from both the couch and the bed cover.
I also have a roller in the bath closet with the iron and hair dryer as many guests want to see the dog and will be leaving with strands of white fur on their clothes!
I would not go to extremes to clean the bed if the dog owner lets the dog in the bed. You can be sure they don't clean for the dog fur at home. I don't!!!
Riki

Back