Ignore Air Pressure To Lower Your Rates - They're Liars

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
Got an automated email this morning telling me that other listings near me are booking at $75 a night, and implying I'm not going to get business unless I match that.
The only problem? The two listings in my "comparison set" are two other rooms I list with Air. And I sure as sh....ooting am not renting them at $75 a night.
These guys just lie with no sense of shame, don't they.

I've never lowered my rates to match what they say is selling. And I rarely get bookings from them. Hmm.
A friend who recently stopped listing her rooms was charging $50/night more than I was and had no problem getting it.
Makes no sense.

I've never lowered my rates to match what they say is selling. And I rarely get bookings from them. Hmm.
A friend who recently stopped listing her rooms was charging $50/night more than I was and had no problem getting it.
Makes no sense..
You are right, it makes no sense at all.

I just had a look and there are rooms going for as low as $10 a night in my area. Who would even bother renting for that? And who would be crazy enough to stay at a place at that price?

I don’t discount for Air either. If a discount is important to the guest, they can book direct. A careful reading of the room description makes it pretty easy to do.

I don’t discount for Air either. If a discount is important to the guest, they can book direct. A careful reading of the room description makes it pretty easy to do..
Anon Inn said:
I don’t discount for Air either. If a discount is important to the guest, they can book direct. A careful reading of the room description makes it pretty easy to do.
Can I ask how you word your listing to hint at direct booking?

I don’t discount for Air either. If a discount is important to the guest, they can book direct. A careful reading of the room description makes it pretty easy to do..
Anon Inn said:
Can I ask how you word your listing to hint at direct booking?
A_____'s room at Anon Inn, TinyTown, WA, a traditional bed and breakfast inn since 2007. Room overlooks TinyTown Creek, queen bed, storage chest, shower bath. Coffee delivered outside your room one hour before breakfast time of your choosing. Full breakfast included. Free wifi. Anon Inn is a five min. walk to Riverside Park on the C___ River, also our local R____ Hall museum and bookshop. Maximum occupancy 2 adults. No pets.

Thanks, Anon. We go even further trying to get people to visit us directly. Our headline for each of our 9 rooms and suites listed says:
Blue Room @ Safe, Inspected, REAL B&B - Plus Free Breakfast!
Why rent a room, when you can enjoy being pampered & secure at the Phineas Swann Bed and Breakfast? Enjoy a free gourmet breakfast, outdoor hot tub, queen-sized bed, complimentary sodas, snacks & coffee or tea, a warm fireplace & private bathroom!

Back