Ilegal Short Term rentals

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only laws that are obeyed are the ones that are enforced. Why comply otherwise? There are a lot of laws out there that the honest citizens obey and the bad guys laugh at. It would be nice if things were enforced and the bad guys had to sit up and take notice - as THEY go to jail instead of the tax-paying citizens.

I have seen tax paying citizen mentioned a lot recently. Made me think how do you become a non tax paying citizen, the comment implies there is an option which I have missed.

Of course there is an option,t hat is what the article is about. ILLEGAL lodging, those who are NON TAX PAYING citizens.

On several of these threads we've been talking about taxes, insurance, inspections, etc. In my case, an even larger expense for me was that when I got my property zoned as a B&B that automatically made my property commercial instead of residential. The remodeling I did then had to be under commercial codes (for motels). In essence, we had to completely change the floor plan to meet commercial building codes. It ended up doubling my construction expenses.
So when I read about people renting out their "vacation homes" for income generation for $650+ per night ...

Back