iloveinns finally pays off

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Well guys, the UPS man delivered 2 dozen mutli colored roses today with a gorgeous crockery vase!
To "Sally" at The B&B. Hm, is that the couple that cancelled from a BOGO iloveinns stay? First I searched the names for today thru Sunday and none by that name. Then I opened the card and sure enough it is! SCORE!
He called to cancel as he broke something in his leg and had to have emergency surgery. He cancelled outside our cancellation time frame. He apologised and pleaded that we do not charge him the one night. I believed he really did injure himself, so let it slide.
I guess he forgot about the anniv flower delivery or could not cancel them. The card is very personal and from him, so mystery solved and we now have beautiful flowers for our dining table. We also have the country bouquet in a wide mouth mason jar from the guests yesterday on a 1 yr anniv who were flying out.
Why don't people ORDER THROUGH ME!!! I can provide these same flowers for less, I am sure he did not pay $34 with delivery and tax. IF he had ordered through me, I would have cancelled that as well, with no charge, since I don't buy them until that day.
thumbs_up.gif

So, will you email him to let him know about the flower delivery?? I'm curious as to what others would do in this instance??
Yep, I'm sure your charge was a whole lot less & you always get really nice flowers there!!

What would you do? I figured he is in hospital, he said he would be. I just dont want anyone saying OH well then YOU CAN DO THIS... I am thinking of not saying a word, until they call to rebook, which they plan on doing in a month or so. So he said, to get out of the booking. Remember i let him out of it.

What would you do? I figured he is in hospital, he said he would be. I just dont want anyone saying OH well then YOU CAN DO THIS... I am thinking of not saying a word, until they call to rebook, which they plan on doing in a month or so. So he said, to get out of the booking. Remember i let him out of it..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What would you do? I figured he is in hospital, he said he would be. I just dont want anyone saying OH well then YOU CAN DO THIS... I am thinking of not saying a word, until they call to rebook, which they plan on doing in a month or so. So he said, to get out of the booking. Remember i let him out of it.
We had the bride's parents stop by and deliver goodie bags to all the guests staying with us. One guest canceled. When he was talking to her on the phone hubs said, "Someone came by and dropped some stuff off for you.'
I almost died. I thought, if she asks us to ship that to her I will scream. And then I'll shoot hubs.
After everyone left on Sunday, I took the extra bag and dumped it out to see what was in it. I said to hubs, 'You want this candy?' He was appalled. He said, 'How do you know someone isn't going to come by and want to pick that up because she didn't come?'
Well, c'mon now. The whole bridal party is gone, the bride peope are gone, the families are gone. Who would want this? Of course he had no qualms about the 6 pack of beer they left...
I'm pretty sure your guy knows you got a lovely bouquet of flowers. And, if he's smart, he'll make sure his WIFE gets a lovely bouquet when they come to stay!
This really isn't a whole lot different than someone leaving something behind. I don't call. I figure they'll miss it soon enough and call me.

Samster said:
I honestly have no idea what I would do! That's why I'm hoping that others will tell me what they'd do
lightbulb.gif

I don't understand why these folks that buy our romance package always leave the flowers! They're almost always driving, so they could take them in the car wit them. It's a mystery to me...I'd take my flowers home to enjoy them even longer
regular_smile.gif
In our case, they are sometimes crossing the border to get home. Some are going on to other accommodations. Others just don't want to worry about the flowers wilting in the car.
Whatever the reason, I am happy to keep them!

What would you do? I figured he is in hospital, he said he would be. I just dont want anyone saying OH well then YOU CAN DO THIS... I am thinking of not saying a word, until they call to rebook, which they plan on doing in a month or so. So he said, to get out of the booking. Remember i let him out of it..
I honestly have no idea what I would do! That's why I'm hoping that others will tell me what they'd do
lightbulb.gif

I don't understand why these folks that buy our romance package always leave the flowers! They're almost always driving, so they could take them in the car with them. It's a mystery to me...I'd take my flowers home to enjoy them even longer
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
lightbulb.gif

I don't understand why these folks that buy our romance package always leave the flowers! They're almost always driving, so they could take them in the car wit them. It's a mystery to me...I'd take my flowers home to enjoy them even longer
regular_smile.gif
In our case, they are sometimes crossing the border to get home. Some are going on to other accommodations. Others just don't want to worry about the flowers wilting in the car.
Whatever the reason, I am happy to keep them!.
I'm happy to keep them, too :) But most of our folks are headed home, except the wedding night couples who are headed somewhere for their honeymoon.

lightbulb.gif

I don't understand why these folks that buy our romance package always leave the flowers! They're almost always driving, so they could take them in the car with them. It's a mystery to me...I'd take my flowers home to enjoy them even longer
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif
I think they forget them. They pack up and will come back and grab them last and then forget them. Unless they tell you to keep them? Mine seem forgotten some of the time, not always.

lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif
I think they forget them. They pack up and will come back and grab them last and then forget them. Unless they tell you to keep them? Mine seem forgotten some of the time, not always.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Samster said:
lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif
I think I've had one guest hand the flowers to me and say she couldn't take them with her. All the others I've just found in the room.

lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
lightbulb.gif

regular_smile.gif
That's a good point. Could be one more thing to remember...that they forget :)

Back