I'm Baaack - and on the run

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
Carved out a whole 6 days, blocked the online rez and still had calls for rooms. Nope, nothing available. I swear people are moving around (here at least) more than they did this summer.

I stopped in Ohio to visit my only cousin on Daddy's side - left there with a quart of pickled beets (I will then have some wonderful pickled eggs!) and a half gallon of their homemade grape juice! (They only got 2 roasts of coffee.) Drove to my #2 grandson's in Illinois to take a painting to my great-granddaughter and to a hotel (no offer of a couch). Then to #1 son for 2 days to take paintings to 2 of his kids and celebrate the birthday of his youngest. Then on to #2 son to give paintings to his 2 boys amd give his youngest a trombone. They even had a birthday cake for me! Great visits with my sons and their families.

Then I had to scoot home. Had planned an early start but his lady wanted to take me out to breakfast. Got home 11:30 PM, took care of some City Clerk stuff before going to bed, & rolled out of the rack at 9. Had a 3-nighter coming in for their anniversary. Baked a small cake & had it on the dresser for them. Today after breakfast, before they took off for the day, he saw the lawn mower box in the Library and put it together for me. I have the nicest guests! I think I will be napping in my chair today after I get the dishes done. So glad to be back in West Virginia.

Last edited:
I heard one of our guests tell another that they’d postponed this trip twice because of Covid. My theory is that we’re backed up and therefore busier than before.

Back