I'm back from Sudan

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginocat

Reaction score
Hi, Am home now from the most amazing trip! I am busy right now but wanted to post a new accommodation site that a friend of mine in Portsmouth, UK has developed. For the most part it's free and he's getting some good hits. He also has a forum attached. There have been a few US BB's join. Here's the website for it. Have a look and it doesn't have to cost you anything.
talkaccommodation.com/

Welcome home! I tried to follow the blog but kept getting 'blog doesn't exist' messages from Google. If it is working, I can't wait to see the pix & read your story!

Welcome back Ginocat.
Very clever use of css and javascript on that site. Makes for a pretty cool interface.

Welcome Back !!!!
I'm happy for you .... and jealous. What an amazing trip to take. My brother has travelled (and lived) all over Africa, but I never made it further north than Botswana.

Welcome back Ginocat.
Very clever use of css and javascript on that site. Makes for a pretty cool interface..
swirt said:
Welcome back Ginocat.
Very clever use of css and javascript on that site. Makes for a pretty cool interface.
And it's pretty, too!

Glad you made it back safely Ginocat. I was thinking about y'all there.
(In case others don't know it is listed in the TOP 10 most dangerous places in the world).

Welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful trip and made memories to last a lifetime!

(In case others don't know it is listed in the TOP 10 most dangerous places in the world)..
BUT ... Khartoum, the capital city, is considered the SAFEST city in Africa! The danger spots are in the south and west and we were a long way from that area. Forbes is careful to point that out and the only place where I can see Sudan listed as so terribly dangerous. I never once feared for my safety. It seems to be the US who primarily thinks it so dangerous. Canada follows suit as it always does - or has to.
It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to go back. I am very much missing the people and the place and finding it hard to settle back into a routine at home.
We also visited Bahrain and spent a few days in London and Portsmouth. Bahrain is a lovely Gulf state and gives a taste of the middle east without a lot of rules.
Bree, I don't know why you had difficulty with the blog. Nobody else did. You are signed in as a member so you should be just fine.
If you can't access it today then email me and I'll invite you again.

(In case others don't know it is listed in the TOP 10 most dangerous places in the world)..
BUT ... Khartoum, the capital city, is considered the SAFEST city in Africa! The danger spots are in the south and west and we were a long way from that area. Forbes is careful to point that out and the only place where I can see Sudan listed as so terribly dangerous. I never once feared for my safety. It seems to be the US who primarily thinks it so dangerous. Canada follows suit as it always does - or has to.
It was a wonderful trip and I can't wait to go back. I am very much missing the people and the place and finding it hard to settle back into a routine at home.
We also visited Bahrain and spent a few days in London and Portsmouth. Bahrain is a lovely Gulf state and gives a taste of the middle east without a lot of rules.
Bree, I don't know why you had difficulty with the blog. Nobody else did. You are signed in as a member so you should be just fine.
This is what I get for a message when I click the link to 'follow':
You have followed this URL, but we couldn't find a feed for it. Please check that the URL is correct:
Ah, but now it goes thru. Maybe I was trying before when something wasn't working. OK, I'm off to read your big adventure!

You have followed this URL, but we couldn't find a feed for it. Please check that the URL is correct:
Ah, but now it goes thru. Maybe I was trying before when something wasn't working. OK, I'm off to read your big adventure!
Let me know if it doesn't work now. You're the first who's said they had a problem.

Let me know if it doesn't work now. You're the first who's said they had a problem.
ginocat said:
Worked fine for me. :)

It works fine now and I've gotten back as far as 1/24. Oh my, it is beautiful!

Welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful trip and made memories to last a lifetime!.
Of course the 1000+ pictures we have (and I now have to go through, edit and delete) will help keep those memories alive until we go again.

Welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful trip and made memories to last a lifetime!.
Of course the 1000+ pictures we have (and I now have to go through, edit and delete) will help keep those memories alive until we go again.
Glad to hear you had a great trip! We want pictures!!!!
Riki
If you give me your email I can send you to my blog so you can see lots of pictures. I'm not sure when I'll get all my pictures sorted, etc. I may have a web album but no timd to do it yet so the best way is to look at my blog. You can email me at
[email protected]

Back