I'm dying...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
My Queendom for some decent Mexican food! How did I end up in a town without one place to get some real carne asada, me from the LBC? Waaaahhhhh!
cry_smile.gif

No, no, we're not supposed to do the 'how far I am from decent (ethnic) food' thing again.
Bagels. Pizza. Italian bakery cookies.
However, I can just walk down the street and buy lobster either fresh or prepared.

There's good Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Steakhouses, Pizza, Bagels, Italian, but no good Mexican...Waaah!!
I actually would have preferred TacoBell to the last place I tried...they had Carne Asada on their menu, but when I asked for Carne Asada Tacos they didn't have them... disgusting salsa and chips were the cafeteria rounds from SAMS Club, come on, 10 bucks for chips and guacamole!!! Better be homemade, ESE!!!! Wasn't!!!
Who puts Country Gravy on their Mexican food? Uggh, barf! Got food poisoning at the one before that (that one actually won an award for their food!), cockroaches in the one before that....Waaaah!!!! I want my Grandma's Beef Tamales too, can only find Pork around here...Waaah!

We finally have a place with a salsa bar, the owners are from Sacramento (Mexican) and we can now get carne asada tacos! This is 25 minutes from here and worth every drop of fuel.
Seattle 11 years - ZILCH, this area three Mexican restaurants and all of them gringo food. FINALLY OUR TIME HAS COME! They even sell ceviche and fish tacos. The line goes around the bloc.
tounge_smile.gif

We have an excellent, well-established, marvelously affordable Mexican restaurant.
After a year-long undercover investigation seven employees were arrested last week by the APD and INS. This was reported on the front page of the paper, including a note that the restaurant was still open. (It's a good restaurant!)
=)
Kk.

We finally have a place with a salsa bar, the owners are from Sacramento (Mexican) and we can now get carne asada tacos! This is 25 minutes from here and worth every drop of fuel.
Seattle 11 years - ZILCH, this area three Mexican restaurants and all of them gringo food. FINALLY OUR TIME HAS COME! They even sell ceviche and fish tacos. The line goes around the bloc.
tounge_smile.gif
Hey now, all ya woulda had to do is cross the sound... couple of good little mexican places in good ole Bremerton and Silverdale :)

tounge_smile.gif
Hey now, all ya woulda had to do is cross the sound... couple of good little mexican places in good ole Bremerton and Silverdale :)
high street victorian said:
Ahhh none. No real mexican food there. Sure we ate at them, but not real mexican food. If you put rice in a burrito or lettuce it is gringo food. Sorry but that area of the country lacked great food - unless you paid big bucks in downtown seattle. Otherwise, no good. Not the fault of the Puget Sound, it is what it is. It is not known for great food.
Just like this part of the country. Southern food is not great food. My cousin is here from CA and as we stopped for gas on the way from the airport to here. He laughed hard when he saw you could order fried chicken at the pump. Bojangles at this gas station.
The NE rocks when it comes to great food. Southern CA rocks when it comes to food. Chicago, Memphis. There are some key places in this country for really great food.
Unfortunately I do not live in one now. Not even close. But again, if I pay for fine dining I can get it!!!

High Street have you ever had a carne asada burrito or carnitas or a fish taco or ceviche?
They do not have them in the NW. WAIT, YES they do, in Yakima. But not in the Puget SOund. They have the same Mexican restaurants you find all over the USA, even here.
We're talkin the good stuff. The hardcore you wake up in nightsweats craving this marinated steak and cilantro! I know of which WP speaks.
Now I can get that, carnitas, and all the rest nearby. No more night sweats. LOL
Not talkin fajitas. okay now that I am here drooling I better go to bed and dream of them...

Here we go... You don't know the half of it. Every time I hear of a good Mexican place, my hopes soar. We go eat there...dashed again
sad_smile.gif
And there is definitely no good Tex-Mex here.
cry_smile.gif
Spoiled after living 8 years in The Great State of Texas. Austin has some awesome restaurants!
There is one relatively new Mexican place here that has a lunch buffet that is not bad. They actually have authentic verde sauce and fresh, yummy pico de gallo.
That is what folks want here...buffets of any kind. ugh.

Here we go... You don't know the half of it. Every time I hear of a good Mexican place, my hopes soar. We go eat there...dashed again
sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
Spoiled after living 8 years in The Great State of Texas. Austin has some awesome restaurants!
There is one relatively new Mexican place here that has a lunch buffet that is not bad. They actually have authentic verde sauce and fresh, yummy pico de gallo.
That is what folks want here...buffets of any kind. ugh..
Samster said:
You are in the land of 'all you can eat'.

sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
Samster said:
That's the truth...and these good 'ol boys look like they've been taking advantage of it. I think the paper said that our State has the 8th highest obesity rate in the nation. I'm a skinny Minnie compared to a lot of folks around here - especially since I lost about 15 pounds.
teeth_smile.gif
Dh was worried about gaining some weight so he just stopped eating so much bread & cut out eating seconds. He lost 10 lbs in a heartbeat...creep.

sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
Samster said:
That's the truth...and these good 'ol boys look like they've been taking advantage of it. I think the paper said that our State has the 8th highest obesity rate in the nation. I'm a skinny Minnie compared to a lot of folks around here - especially since I lost about 15 pounds.
teeth_smile.gif
Dh was worried about gaining some weight so he just stopped eating so much bread & cut out eating seconds. He lost 10 lbs in a heartbeat...creep.
Samster said:
It is some sort of awful quirk of nature that guys can give up one donut a week and lose 10 lbs while women have to stop eating altogether to lose 1 lb.

lol ... a wee bit late on this one. But to die for some real good Tex-Mex!!
I am taking today to catch up on all the forums.

sad_smile.gif
cry_smile.gif
Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
Samster said:
It is some sort of awful quirk of nature that guys can give up one donut a week and lose 10 lbs while women have to stop eating altogether to lose 1 lb.
Oh brother don't I know that. I have given up so much stuff this past year and what has it got me...9 lousy pounds gone. I complained at my check up the other day and the DR. says."hey..you are 9 pound lighter than last year" But with all I have tried doing..I thought for sure I would be down at least 20 pounds..BOOO HOOOO...this is SOOOOOOO hard.
And of course Al, lost 35 during his illness now he wants to stay at 150...oh it makes me so frustrated!!!! grrrrrrr

Ditto for Indian... nearest ones I know of are an hour away.
=)
Kk..
Oh Cathy, Cathy, Cathy ....
Why did you have to bring this topic to life again
regular_smile.gif
My stomach is growling, my tastebuds have awakened ....
WillowPond ... I'm with you on the Mexican
Bree ..... well you know my feelings on bialys and good pizza (so I guess now is not the time to tell you that hubs brought some bialys back from NYC this weekend).
But YS - I long, I yearn, I pine for a good Indian .... once you have THE yen, there's nothing that can subsitute .... sigh .....

Ditto for Indian... nearest ones I know of are an hour away.
=)
Kk..
Oh Cathy, Cathy, Cathy ....
Why did you have to bring this topic to life again
regular_smile.gif
My stomach is growling, my tastebuds have awakened ....
WillowPond ... I'm with you on the Mexican
Bree ..... well you know my feelings on bialys and good pizza (so I guess now is not the time to tell you that hubs brought some bialys back from NYC this weekend).
But YS - I long, I yearn, I pine for a good Indian .... once you have THE yen, there's nothing that can subsitute .... sigh .....
Sorry, but after reading everything that everyone was yearning for ... I am hungry. Mexican-Chinese or Japanese or even Indian ... well we do not have anything near authentic.
The lady here that owns the Thai restaurant, well she said she wanted to open a restaurant and bought a Thai cook book. :s Ohhh to have a good authentic restaurant (not Mexican).
Getting our B&B up and running has left no extra funds for traveling let alone to return home (miss my girls) ... and today I am thinking of what restaurants need to be visited when we finally get to Canada.
Oh I am soo hungry this afternoon now. Egg salad sandwhich from left over hard boiled eggs just is NOT the same.
Oh, forgot to ask .. what is bailyns from NY?

You guys ever try to make it yourself? DH makes a pretty good Indian fare, and he LOVES making BBQ. He even made sushi and brought some to work, along with the BBQ and whatever else he makes come party time.
El, I don't monitor this forum regularly and didn't realize Al was ill. Hopefully all is better now.

lol ... a wee bit late on this one. But to die for some real good Tex-Mex!!
I am taking today to catch up on all the forums..
We had Texas-style BBQ beef sandwiches for dinner last night that I made here...closest I could come to it. Here, the pig is king! haha...
We do have an Indian restaurant and it is OK. Ditto with Thai. I just heard about a Vietnamese restaurant that's supposed to be good.
Buffets abound here
confused_smile.gif

Rub it in. About all I can get around here is Italian! I live in Tally Valley where every other restaurant is Italian. We have a Chinese in town that is OK but not as good as the Canton House or else we go out to the Interstate to one of the chain restaurants. Blah! There is an excellent seafood 10 miles north but when it comes right down to it, it does not matter. If they have food I like, DH cannot find anything HE will eat and the places that have the salad bar HE wants have itty bitty size meals with big prices that are very spicy.

Back