I'm Exhausted!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camberly wrote: "the trouble I find with older people is they remember what the price was when they last stayed away which may have obeen 10 years ago so think todays prices area expensive."Ahhhh yes! But it is not just the old folks that have time warp syndrome. I had 2 young couples that stayed here in my early years... they stayed at leat through 1 $10 increase as I recall them making a statememt over it at the time. They called last year to check availability... when I quoted the price, I almost could hear them hit their head on the floor as they fainted!!! Upon their return to life, he said I remember your rate was $XX a night... That time it was ME that hit the floor, that was 10 years ago - and lots of great additions have happened since then too. Of course he tried to chew me down. I asked if his wife still owned her spa and asked if her rates had changed in 10 years!!!
Needless to say they did not book & with a mind set like that, I am glad..
We just had a call from someone who stayed a million years ago (maybe 15 or so). They were 'looking at your website' as they spoke to us. OO names on the site, I know which one it is. It is the only one with prices from 1990 1999. They start at $75 $70. Of course, they all want that room.
We say we have a 'new' site (no, it's the same one the OO's had, just changed up a bit) that has all the new info on it if they would like to take a look. But there is the same 'head hitting floor' scenario. Rates have gone up 100% in 20 11 years, go figure.
I looked around on the site and quite a number of the listings are 'dead'. If you click to look at the property you get a search box.
Is the domain similar to yours? Why didn't they take it down as part of the sale to you? Do they still own it? Can you tell them to remove it or have them do a "Redirect" to your site??? That is absurd to still have it on line. I would do something about that for sure.
catlady said:
Is the domain similar to yours? Why didn't they take it down as part of the sale to you? Do they still own it? Can you tell them to remove it or have them do a "Redirect" to your site??? That is absurd to still have it on line. I would do something about that for sure.
It's defunct directory as far as I can tell. Last date I can find on it is 2003.
I meant to add that when the guests call every last one of them fits into the 'elderly' mode (how is it that only THEY find this website?) so we say those owners have been gone for over 10 years and here are the new rates. We stress the TEN YEARS. I can commiserate til the cows come home, but the rates aren't going down. If they argue that it is 'your website and you have to honor the rates' (and they do) we do a quick rundown of how anyone can copy anything they want on the web and never update it. And then we tell them our photos and our names are on our website and that's the only website info we honor.
You would have thought by now that the domain would have expired and it would just go away????

Camberly wrote: "the trouble I find with older people is they remember what the price was when they last stayed away which may have obeen 10 years ago so think todays prices area expensive."Ahhhh yes! But it is not just the old folks that have time warp syndrome. I had 2 young couples that stayed here in my early years... they stayed at leat through 1 $10 increase as I recall them making a statememt over it at the time. They called last year to check availability... when I quoted the price, I almost could hear them hit their head on the floor as they fainted!!! Upon their return to life, he said I remember your rate was $XX a night... That time it was ME that hit the floor, that was 10 years ago - and lots of great additions have happened since then too. Of course he tried to chew me down. I asked if his wife still owned her spa and asked if her rates had changed in 10 years!!!
Needless to say they did not book & with a mind set like that, I am glad..
We just had a call from someone who stayed a million years ago (maybe 15 or so). They were 'looking at your website' as they spoke to us. OO names on the site, I know which one it is. It is the only one with prices from 1990 1999. They start at $75 $70. Of course, they all want that room.
We say we have a 'new' site (no, it's the same one the OO's had, just changed up a bit) that has all the new info on it if they would like to take a look. But there is the same 'head hitting floor' scenario. Rates have gone up 100% in 20 11 years, go figure.
I looked around on the site and quite a number of the listings are 'dead'. If you click to look at the property you get a search box.
catlady said:
It's defunct directory as far as I can tell. Last date I can find on it is 2003.
I meant to add that when the guests call every last one of them fits into the 'elderly' mode (how is it that only THEY find this website?) so we say those owners have been gone for over 10 years and here are the new rates. We stress the TEN YEARS. I can commiserate til the cows come home, but the rates aren't going down. If they argue that it is 'your website and you have to honor the rates' (and they do) we do a quick rundown of how anyone can copy anything they want on the web and never update it. And then we tell them our photos and our names are on our website and that's the only website info we honor.
You would have thought by now that the domain would have expired and it would just go away????
catlady said:
They may have purchased it for 20 years. Or, someone is maintaining it randomly. I think I saw somewhere on it that they update it 4x/year or some such.

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.Hochzeit Frisuren für zierliche Frauen
Ein up-do-Frisur ist modern und chic. Wenn es um eine Hochzeit planen kommt, elegante kurze abendkleider elegante kurze abendkleider gibt es viele Details zu Adresse, von der Zeremonie und den Empfang Websites kurzes ballkleid , um den Hochzeitskleid und alles dazwischen. Bridal Webseiten und Magazinen zeigen, dass petite Bräute poufy, komplizierte Formen und Stick verzichten mit einfachen Brautkleider und Schleier. Das gleiche gilt für Frisur. Wählen Sie eine Frisur, die am besten unterstreicht die Form des Gesichts oder Ihre besten Eigenschaften, wie Sie Ihre Augen.

• Ob es eine einfache Pferdeschwanz oder eine aufwendige Französisch drehen ist, ist ein Up-do vielseitig und schick und kann helfen, die Illusion eines längeren Hals zu schaffen. Erstellen Sie eine hohe Krone Locken oder ein Bohemien Zopf und Brötchen bis-do. Ein paar Strähnen hängen lose auch schmeichelt und Frames Ihr Gesicht und schafft eine romantische Frisur. Verwenden Sie Blumen oder Juwelen Haarnadeln, Stirnbänder oder ein Diadem, eine zarte Berührung, um Ihre Frisur hinzuzufügen. Statt einer fließenden Schleier, wählen Sie einen Vogelkäfig Schleier um mehr Aufmerksamkeit auf Ihre tun zu bringen.
    • Sie gilt als die meisten schmeichelhaft Frisur, kann die bob fashioned zu Ihrem Stil als auch die Stimmung oder Thema Ihrer Hochzeit passen. Für einen Jahrgang, Hochzeit, online shopping für die klassische bob Look der 1930er Jahre gehen. Wenn Ihr Kleid ist traditionell, Kleider Nachrichten versuchen eine moderne bob voller Lautstärke. Wählen Sie aus einer gerade traum brautkleider traum brautkleider, stumpf geschnitten oder eine geschichtete Schnitt für mehr Volumen. Bangs kann helfen, Ihr Gesicht sowie als Highlight die Augen Frame. Für noch mehr Flair, fügen Sie einen Streifen von einem Off-Beat-Farbe wie Pink oder Blau zu Ihrem Haar.
    • Wenn Sie natürlich gewelltes oder gelocktes Haar haben, verwenden Sie es zu Ihrem Vorteil durch die Schaffung eines tun, der Frames Ihr Gesicht. Ziehen Sie eine Handvoll Locken zu einer Kaskade von Locken oder für ein romantisches Aussehen, Teil Ihr Haar und lassen Sie Ihre Locken ruhen auf der einen Seite den Schultern. Pin alle Ihre Locken und lassen Sie es Überlauf über ein Accessoire wie ein Stirnband oder Diadem oder einfach stylen wie gewohnt und lassen Sie ihn sanft tummeln sich Ihre Schultern und Rücken.
    • Bei der Betrachtung Hochzeit Frisuren, ist es auch wichtig zu sein vertraut mit der Art und Beschaffenheit der Haare. Was kann für jemanden, der dünne hat funktioniert brautjungfernkleider online shop brautjungfernkleider online shop bar dresses online bar dresses online, kann glattes Haar nicht für dicke und lockige Haare zu arbeiten. Sprechen Sie mit einem Friseur, wie Sie sich vorstellen kurze cocktailkleider günstig , die Frisur für Ihre Hochzeit. Sie können beraten, welche Frisur am besten zu Ihrem Haar sowie dein Kleid, Hochzeit und Stil.
  • The Knot: Brautkleid: schmeichelhaft Kleid für eine Petite Braut?
  • OneWed: Hochzeit Frisuren
  • The Knot: braut u abendmode Hochzeit Frisuren: Sind Hochzeit Hochsteckfrisuren für Sie?
  • UK Friseure: Top 40 Bob Frisuren Gallery
  • HairBoutique; Haar-Spitzen: Gesichtsformen und Style-Tipps, Karen Marie Shelton; März 2008
Lesen Sie weiter:
[h2]
Kommentare
[/h2]
braut und abendmoden

Back