I'm no Yellow Socks, but....

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
today I showed 11 items at a local town's fall festival baking and canning contest...
I got 1st place in bread baking for a bread sculpture of a cornucopia filled with fall harvest produce (it came out really beautifully, surprised even me!)
lrg_breadpicweb.jpg

and
1st place for my Wild Plum Chablis Jam
3rd place for an herb bread...
It was fun, won some embroidered aprons and gift certs to boot!

PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either.

PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either.
I have black rasperries growing in my yard. They're exquisite. I make jam from them, and I made a black raspberry sorbet that was wonderful. I can't get enough of them, and find myself rationing them for use throughout the year because I don't want to be without them!

envelope.gif
just want see what this one does...
oh man I thought a smiley would pop out or somethin'...
wow.gif

PS a guest from Charlotte NC makes preserves like crazy. I asked her about the black raspberries and she said she has not had them either..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
I have black rasperries growing in my yard. They're exquisite. I make jam from them, and I made a black raspberry sorbet that was wonderful. I can't get enough of them, and find myself rationing them for use throughout the year because I don't want to be without them!
amkaylor said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What state are you in?

Congrats on the beautiful bread!!
One question: Can you do it again??!!

JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
amkaylor said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
What state are you in?
I grew up with them in West Virginia

Congrats on the beautiful bread!!
One question: Can you do it again??!!.
Yeah, I made one that was a gathered bunch of wheat sheaths with biscuits as the wheat heads, but it was a couple years ago, so I wasn't sure if I still "had it". Plus, the dough wasn't rising when I was preparing it, wasn't warm enough, I guess, I was freaking out because it was the night before and I didn't want to be up until midnight making the thing, knew I wouldn't have enough time in the morning, it didn't start rising un til I was baking something else...Hallelujah!
It wasn't a hard recipe, just time consuming and I wasn't sure how big I could really get it in my oven, didn't want it to rise in there like that " I Love Lucy" episode!
Thank you everyone!

Back