I'm not a tourist information centre!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What timing for this to come up again! I JUST got off the phone - 1 hour 2 min - talking to someone looking to book a vacation for his sister on his nickle. I told him about my place and several other member B & Bs around the State. Tols him how I do a GC - he thought he had to book the when she came and perhaps that would not work for her - told him she just books it and uses the certificate he will have paid for. All sorts of extraneous chat from him but I ended it with getting his address to send a 2009 Assoc Directory that I Xed out the ones that are now closed - he has the current one but it only gives web site and contact info.
IF he buys MY GC I will be very surprised. Oh well....................
gillumhouse said:
IF he buys MY GC I will be very surprised. Oh well...................
Lots of extraneous information including the sister has PTSD? - he won't ever buy a GC anywhere. It sounds suspiciously like a phone call I got several months ago. I gave him info, too - although I surely didn't spend an hour with him.
No, this sister is a Wicken. AND GLBT. I told DH when I hung up that he will not be heard from again.

What timing for this to come up again! I JUST got off the phone - 1 hour 2 min - talking to someone looking to book a vacation for his sister on his nickle. I told him about my place and several other member B & Bs around the State. Tols him how I do a GC - he thought he had to book the when she came and perhaps that would not work for her - told him she just books it and uses the certificate he will have paid for. All sorts of extraneous chat from him but I ended it with getting his address to send a 2009 Assoc Directory that I Xed out the ones that are now closed - he has the current one but it only gives web site and contact info.
gillumhouse said:
Lots of extraneous information including the sister has PTSD? - he won't ever buy a GC anywhere. It sounds suspiciously like a phone call I got several months ago. I gave him info, too - although I surely didn't spend an hour with him.
No, this sister is a Wicken. AND GLBT. I told DH when I hung up that he will not be heard from again.
gillumhouse said:
I don't remember any Wiccan but the PTSD resulted from a hate crime due to being GLBT. And buying a stay for his sister, wanting a B&B because it would be 'safer' for her. I'd bet $100 it's the same guy. Maybe he's trolling for a special offer, or he could just want to talk. Some of us have personal experiences with semi-stalkers that would make that easy to be believe.

gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
I don't remember any Wiccan but the PTSD resulted from a hate crime due to being GLBT. And buying a stay for his sister, wanting a B&B because it would be 'safer' for her. I'd bet $100 it's the same guy. Maybe he's trolling for a special offer, or he could just want to talk. Some of us have personal experiences with semi-stalkers that would make that easy to be believe.
Thanks for the info. I have retreived the Directory from the mailbox. Will sacrifice the stamps. He does not need any more info. Sounds as if he has already talked to a few from WVBBA. Perhaps we should send an alert to the members to find a reason to not talk to this one. If you think it is a good idea, will e-mail the name given.

And so... the current guests just asked about the humidity level, direction & speed of wind & "my guess about tomorrow's weather".... I don't think my place points to Weather information centre :/

And so... the current guests just asked about the humidity level, direction & speed of wind & "my guess about tomorrow's weather".... I don't think my place points to Weather information centre :/.
Viper said:
And so... the current guests just asked about the humidity level, direction & speed of wind & "my guess about tomorrow's weather".... I don't think my place points to Weather information centre :/
We could get between 1-7" of snow tomorrow. (Depending on which forecaster you listen to.) I'm not even going to guess for guests!

So actually the name of this thread should read:
"Hello, thank you for calling the tourist information centre!!"

Back