I'm so excited

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
my decorator has just come down to say he is done so I am super excited to see the finished product! have to get all the furniture out for tomorro as the new carpet is comming in! it is going to make such a difference to this room a whole new makover! I am headed up there to take a look and bring some stuff down.

will do after ive got the carpet in Ive only got one room in on sunday night so have time to get everything as i like it. Plus I have bought a new dressing table and have to pick it up from the auction on Monday its going to be fab!

Im also pulling together room 11 which was a triple room but I am changing the extra single bed for a single sofa bed (the arms fold down) so it is more friendly to use for couples which is what i sell it as mainly. It will also make a lot more space in the room as it means I can get rid of the two chairs that are in as seating at the moment and picked up new curtains this week they are already hung. Just have to figure out a way to get the old wardrobe to the auction cos it is a monster!

You can see both rooms how they were on my web site (small hotel harrogate co uk) then I will pop on new ones as I get the rooms completed.

Its room 3 that is under the knife! Im picking up the new dressing table today but have a full house comming in and I still have to finish putting the wardrobe together !

watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZzAnpT6_-4
tried to embed the vidio but think im just being thick! Ive just done this quickly cos this room is quite small so doesn't photograph well..
Looks great! I love the material over the bed - I want to try something like that in one of my new rooms.
RIki
There is a trick to it its all done with wires the kind you put net curtains up with with a hook in the frame and that way you can unhook it all for washing.its in 4 parts the two side ones one for the top and one for the back. If you want any pictures of how its done just let me know.

Realised when I re-looked at it I'd got me on! if id realised I'd have brushed my hair and not worn the cardigan I wear to do the garden! lol thats it framed for posterity!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZzAnpT6_-4
tried to embed the vidio but think im just being thick! Ive just done this quickly cos this room is quite small so doesn't photograph well..
Looks great! I love the material over the bed - I want to try something like that in one of my new rooms.
RIki
There is a trick to it its all done with wires the kind you put net curtains up with with a hook in the frame and that way you can unhook it all for washing.its in 4 parts the two side ones one for the top and one for the back. If you want any pictures of how its done just let me know.
I would love to see pics of how it is done. One of my rooms is going to be German/Austrian baroque theme and I keep seeing those in the castles of the bedrooms when checking out for ideas.
Riki

DH and I went out to lunch and walked past a shop having a closing down sale! had the perfect chest of drawers on sale 1/3 of the original price if we would take it away before 4pm! (would never have paid the full price) its only round the corner from our place so we carried it home! Can't put it straight in cos there is a lady in there and she might be disconcerted if I changed the furniture while she was out! But there is a space for it on the top landing for now! Bought a chest of drawers for room 11 at the auction this week and am struggling for somewhere to put it till I can get all the other furniture in! its stood in the lounge at the moment!

DH and I went out to lunch and walked past a shop having a closing down sale! had the perfect chest of drawers on sale 1/3 of the original price if we would take it away before 4pm! (would never have paid the full price) its only round the corner from our place so we carried it home! Can't put it straight in cos there is a lady in there and she might be disconcerted if I changed the furniture while she was out! But there is a space for it on the top landing for now! Bought a chest of drawers for room 11 at the auction this week and am struggling for somewhere to put it till I can get all the other furniture in! its stood in the lounge at the moment!.
DH and I went out to lunch and walked past a shop having a closing down sale! had the perfect chest of drawers on sale 1/3 of the original price if we would take it away before 4pm! (would never have paid the full price) its only round the corner from our place so we carried it home! Can't put it straight in cos there is a lady in there and she might be disconcerted if I changed the furniture while she was out! But there is a space for it on the top landing for now! Bought a chest of drawers for room 11 at the auction this week and am struggling for somewhere to put it till I can get all the other furniture in! its stood in the lounge at the moment!
What a find!!! I love deals like that!!!
Riki

DH and I went out to lunch and walked past a shop having a closing down sale! had the perfect chest of drawers on sale 1/3 of the original price if we would take it away before 4pm! (would never have paid the full price) its only round the corner from our place so we carried it home! Can't put it straight in cos there is a lady in there and she might be disconcerted if I changed the furniture while she was out! But there is a space for it on the top landing for now! Bought a chest of drawers for room 11 at the auction this week and am struggling for somewhere to put it till I can get all the other furniture in! its stood in the lounge at the moment!.
What a find!!! I love deals like that!!!
Riki
Ill have to take a picture. We looked completely bonkers carrying it mind! ha ha sad the shop is closing as it was quite cute but I don't think that it opened in the right part of town ie small street that is mainly charity shops and tool and appliance shops. So high end furniture is not really a good match. Going back tomorro to see if there is anything else i fancy as there was some cute wall art.

Back