I'm the Boonville B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I am so glad you all are who you are!!! I recieved an email from another forum member asking about this. It is truly sad that the B&B mentioned in the article has pushed the rules. Unfortuanely, they are the kind of people who believe rules and laws don't apply to them and have disregarded them in every area of their lives.
They are the kind of B&B that you all talk about on this forum, that makes the rest of us look bad. At one point, one of the mother of one of them was very ill and dying and they set up a hospital bed in the dining room and continued to take guests!
They are very small, and do not have room to have a restaraunt. I don't know how they can think they will seat 20 guests! One of my neighbors said the tables are practically touching each other.
The city finally gave in and is allowing them their resturant, but only because they were bullied, and these people went ahead and just did it! hmmm what if we all lived our lives like that!
They do not have a website and I don't know how they even get any business. Before we opened I tried repeatedly to call them and left many messages and never once got a reply.
As far as the article, you will notice that they state, there are 4 "sort of" Bed and breakfasts. One has recently closed, one is the one in the article, one is a cabin like, 'rent the whole house' and then ours, which is a "TRUE B&B".
As far as I'm concerned "Ours" is the only REAL B&B in town. We are the only ones who try our hardest to live up to everything a B&B should be! And we also try our hardest to abide by the rules, ordinances, and laws.
Personally, I think it would be a very good thing if there were tighter guidelines for B&B's in town. I feel like we are working our tails off here and the other B&B's are getting away with murder! ok, so maybe not murder but you know what I mean.
I'll be getting involved in this with the city, to not only 'help' our B&B, but to offer guidance and information.
Thanks agian for all your comments guys! It really is a family on here,and I love how we take care of each other.
Have a super wonderful Christmas! I get to take time off from work and the B&B and spend two weeks just loving family and having a house full.

Thanks for checking in. Sounds like your expertise is needed to help your town formulate a proper B & B zoning regulation. Good luck and happy holidays!

I am proud to have (not the law breaking inn) but the high standard wonderful inn on this forum. We would expect nothing less, well done and have a very merry Christmas in Boonville.
teeth_smile.gif

When you are pro-active with the "Powers that be" offering help rather than blocking their efforts at making the rules, you are perceived in a different light. One reason we were as successful in our efforts with the Fire Codes was as one Delegate put it - "You came to us with a problem and a way to resolve it. If we do not help you, shame on us."
Enjoy your time off and your family. Merry Christmas and a great 2012!

Back