I'm upset with Webervations!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
<rant class="pissed_off">
I have several reservations that just came in on Webervations and have no way to verify the credit card information because the credit card number is shown as xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx with the message following: Please call Webervations Support (740-380-3807) for Credit Card number Access.
Hello! They're only open Monday through Friday. So, I have to wait until Monday to process these reservations. What a crock! What's the point of having a reservation service IF you can't take reservations. What the heck kind of customer service is that to not be available 24/7?
I might be changing services sooner than anticipated. grrrrrrr!
</rant>

They've been irritating me also. I tried to "edit" a reservation the other day that didn't have cc info in it. There was no "edit" button. I called and they said it was a glitch in the system, but they could tell me the long way of getting around it. So....I can't show someone checked in, checked out, paid, no notes, no editing the price, the length of stay...nothing. Unless the credit card info is in the file. I never enter my repeat guests cc info. No need to. I know them, I know they'll be here.
Oh...and no idea when this might be fixed. The reservations with cc# - no problems here. It must be a case by case basis. But they've been having this issue since what...last weekend? I should think an email (which we don't get anyway?) could go out, with an update on what the problem might be, what they are doing to fix it, and how long it will take.
Again...that whole customer service issue...it just ain't there.

Again...that whole customer service issue...it just ain't there
I have seen this everywhere! Nobody(employers) wants to pay for service anymore. And people who are in the service industry are one of the lowest pay. They just don't care!
angry_smile.gif
Now I feel better.

Innkeeper friend called last week to get cc numbers for her Webervations that had been masked. Before giving the cc numbers they had to phone the Inn back directly to "make sure it was really them"???
Meanwhile all of my cc numbers have been coming in just fine so why are some masked and some not?

Last month a "glitch" in their system let through a last minutes special that never existed! When they were called they had no explaination. Right now I'm in the middle of changing my hosting company, then asta la vista baby!

I am singing the same song. I was a little understanding at first... after all we are expecting them to protect our guest data, especially their credit cards. BUT this has gone on far to long. You would think they would have something in place if an issue such as a breach takes place in their system.
And on top of that, from what Rikki (I believe it was Rikki) said is that when she called they told her she would have to contact the guest to get that info... in other words there is no way to get this info even through them!!!! - I think I typically would say that is a good thing but under these circumstances we do need a way to get this data if the system (any part of) is down from our use.
And what would a guest think if I were to call them and say - Well I know you placed your CC info in my system but I am unable to see it?

Last month a "glitch" in their system let through a last minutes special that never existed! When they were called they had no explaination. Right now I'm in the middle of changing my hosting company, then asta la vista baby!.
BD, did you a pick a new system yet or still looking? I am sorely tempted to switch but hate the thought of the hassle.

Last month a "glitch" in their system let through a last minutes special that never existed! When they were called they had no explaination. Right now I'm in the middle of changing my hosting company, then asta la vista baby!.
BD, did you a pick a new system yet or still looking? I am sorely tempted to switch but hate the thought of the hassle.
ReservationKey was no hassle to change to.

I am curious what booking engines folk use. Could someone who knows what the range of choices is post a poll? We started with rez ... and then switched to resnexus. Pretty Ok with it.

We decided to discontinue a discount we were offering and it required that I edit my menus site wide. Just a few minutes ago I attempted to do that edit in Webervations and the dang thing won't allow me to save my changes. And of course there's no one to talk to about it on a Saturday night. Double doo doo.
emotion-12.gif

Rez key was really easy for me to implement and they were sooo helpful! Helped me put it all together and 'TALKED' me through it over the phone. No messages saying "push this button, or that button" and he was so patient when I didn't understand.
I explained this was my first time implementing a rez system. He was very understanding.

K-
Were you able to collect all your data from Webervations and download it to Excel. I have so much in that system!
After experiencing this problem with Webervations, before I switch to anything else, I have a lot of questions to ask regarding security issues and how they would affect my use of their system.
Now I can't even edit a current reserveration to add comments.

K-
Were you able to collect all your data from Webervations and download it to Excel. I have so much in that system!
After experiencing this problem with Webervations, before I switch to anything else, I have a lot of questions to ask regarding security issues and how they would affect my use of their system.
Now I can't even edit a current reserveration to add comments.
As for migrating old info into it, please ask JB. She was really pleased with it and she is the techie. SHE is the one with the lots of reservations. I am in Podunk remember. I just keyed in this year's resevations a few at a time until I had all there for the year. All I know is that he has been VERY responsive to my need for booking packages without breaking out the extra cost as an add-on. We still have a small bug, but have come up with a work-around for now. I am so much happier with the new system. With Weber I had no way to get my packages booked online and now I do and the price is comparable. I sent an e-mail this morning and a glitch was fixed - this morning! SERVICE!!

Innkeeper friend called last week to get cc numbers for her Webervations that had been masked. Before giving the cc numbers they had to phone the Inn back directly to "make sure it was really them"???
Meanwhile all of my cc numbers have been coming in just fine so why are some masked and some not?.
Meanwhile all of my cc numbers have been coming in just fine so why are some masked and some not?
Because yours was never accessed with an IP address that had not already been used before the phishing scam was attempted. Inns who have been locked are inns where a new ip address has been used since the phishing scam. This means that either the inn has a new ip address (sometimes they change due to your internet service provider) or some unauthorized person is logging into that inn's account with the username and password they got that from the innkeeper because the innkeeper got Phished/fooled into giving it to them.
Calling the inn directly (using the inn's advertised phone number) would really be the only way to verify the person is who they say they are. If the person calling was the phisher, they would have access to all the same account number / username and password so the only way to prevent them from having access would be to call the inn. The phisher can't answer your phone...unless he has you tied up and locked in a closet....in which case you have bigger problems than phishing to worry about.

Rupert, I'm pretty sold on Reservation Key. I'll be calling them this week to ask some specific questions. My biggest concern is if I can get all my previous guest info (Rezo) transferred over. At least their personal info and reservations dates.

I am surprised that given the situation, no call in support has been offered over the weekends. Those are pretty critical times.

Meanwhile all of my cc numbers have been coming in just fine so why are some masked and some not?.
Because yours was never accessed with an IP address that had not already been used before the phishing scam was attempted. Inns who have been locked are inns where a new ip address has been used since the phishing scam. This means that either the inn has a new ip address (sometimes they change due to your internet service provider) or some unauthorized person is logging into that inn's account with the username and password they got that from the innkeeper because the innkeeper got Phished/fooled into giving it to them.
Calling the inn directly (using the inn's advertised phone number) would really be the only way to verify the person is who they say they are. If the person calling was the phisher, they would have access to all the same account number / username and password so the only way to prevent them from having access would be to call the inn. The phisher can't answer your phone...unless he has you tied up and locked in a closet....in which case you have bigger problems than phishing to worry about.
Scratching my head here now. - I am no techie by any stretch of the word. I would think that the IP's would be close to being the same anyway???? Am I not right?
Mine were good until today - so all week no problems, then come Sat. - when there is noone to reply to a call, I start having the problem. The IP must be the reason why as I was not contacted nor would I have given out that data to anyone.
I would think that after a week, they should have had a handle on the issue. And they should have had someone on call until the situation is completely resolved. As someone said - Service is just not there.

Rupert, I'm pretty sold on Reservation Key. I'll be calling them this week to ask some specific questions. My biggest concern is if I can get all my previous guest info (Rezo) transferred over. At least their personal info and reservations dates.
I really like the look of the RezKey client interaction (as I've seen it on sunshine's and JB's websites), and I really love that you can book more than one room at a time. AND the price is definitely right. My concern is their level of PCI compliance, do they talk about that at all?

I am surprised that given the situation, no call in support has been offered over the weekends. Those are pretty critical times..
I think part of the problem is that the Webervations staff is still pretty small (one or two people?) and they are based in Ohio versus B&B.com/Rezovations which are based in Texas. I don't think the Webervations office has the full staff support that the TX office has (although even TX is only available by phone M-F 9-5 I think).

Back