Imagine being served

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It rules! trouble is people are so used to buffet they can't even process anything else. Had a chap in today who couldn't process that everything he needed was on his table.

That was a great article. I am still blushing that you mentioned me - but it IS true. To couple what we are with the What I Learned made a wonderful and immediate comparrison of the differences.

EXCELLENT! Thank You!
cheers.gif

I loved the term "Imagine" as that is it isn't it. People live out of microwaves at home, then eat slap together food service truck delivered foods at restaurants, and that FREE breakfast at a hotel is a boofay, there is NO COMPARISON.
Imagine - now THAT should be the term used in BWTS campaign...IMAGINE A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE SERVED WITH A SMILE.
Not "help yourself" but being served. What an amazing concept. Do you remember years ago when the food wasn't just slapped out there for everyone to attack it? Going to dinner at someone's home where you had a nice meal?
"This way everyone can get what they want, the kids are all picky so they can just eat what they like ...and waste it." Sorry, but we don't serve chicken-gutt-nuggets at our place. tee hee Yeah imagine actually asking your kids to EAT WHAT YOU PREPARED for dinner. IMAGINE.
This country needs to get back on track...the lack of respect is effecting everything down to breakfast!
If you pop it in the toaster it is NOT breakfast! Frozen waffles, microwavable rubbish.
chef.gif

[h2]HURRAH FOR BED AND BREAKFASTS WHO STILL DO IT RIGHT![/h2]

I loved the term "Imagine" as that is it isn't it. People live out of microwaves at home, then eat slap together food service truck delivered foods at restaurants, and that FREE breakfast at a hotel is a boofay, there is NO COMPARISON.
Imagine - now THAT should be the term used in BWTS campaign...IMAGINE A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE SERVED WITH A SMILE.
Not "help yourself" but being served. What an amazing concept. Do you remember years ago when the food wasn't just slapped out there for everyone to attack it? Going to dinner at someone's home where you had a nice meal?
"This way everyone can get what they want, the kids are all picky so they can just eat what they like ...and waste it." Sorry, but we don't serve chicken-gutt-nuggets at our place. tee hee Yeah imagine actually asking your kids to EAT WHAT YOU PREPARED for dinner. IMAGINE.
This country needs to get back on track...the lack of respect is effecting everything down to breakfast!
If you pop it in the toaster it is NOT breakfast! Frozen waffles, microwavable rubbish.
chef.gif

[h2]HURRAH FOR BED AND BREAKFASTS WHO STILL DO IT RIGHT![/h2].
Brings up a pet peeve of mine. When we go out to eat, I don't want to go to the salad bar and make my salad. I am OUT to eat, I want food prepared and BROUGHT to me! It IS about being served!

I know I used to have a 4 slot tray with my cutlary in for resetting tables and I have had to hide it as people kept trying to take cutlery out of it (despite it not being anywhere near the food and virtually on ground level) This is doubly ridiculous as we are open plan you come down the stairs to the breakfast room and you can clearly see all the tables and what is on them ie cups, side plates and a full set of cutlery! tea and coffee are brought to you! What drives me mad is when people say "you have run out of glasses for the juice" they are on a hanging rack at eye level and we put out 30 so I guarantee we havnt, plus I say as I take the tea and coffee order this is the buffet help yourself and the glasses are here and point - 2 seconds later - you have run out of glasses. DUH DUH!
smileystooges.gif

Back