Importance of Updating your Availability Calendar

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never clicked reset how many viewed.
I just go in an open availability, click save and sign off. I have asked the guys if they cannot just put a button like the SIGN ON button that we can hit once and it updates it. Since I don't have the new version I don't know if that ever happened.
I WISH THAT WOULD BE TAKEN OFF ALL TOGETHER! We don't need that. Like the other prgms guests view the calendar and book a room. They don't need to SEE when we updated it last. Then we have that stupid disclaimer we put on there "We make every effort to keep our availaibilty up to date ...blah blah blha".
SuperInn is updated all the time. As soon as a room is reserved online, it comes out of availability too. I'm quite happy with the system. I was keeping the rez's in my calendar planner & lugging it with me but I no longer do that. I print out the availability calendar which goes out something like 20 days (you can set it longer but then I'd need stronger readers...haha!) and take that with me since folks are booking more at the last minute. I don't really have anything booked very far out so I decided not to make work for myself for now. I have a Palm Pilot that I'm going to start using to show what's booked by using a "key". I am trying to simplify my life....
Samster said:
I have a Palm Pilot that I'm going to start using to show what's booked by using a "key".
You have me interested. How are you going to do this?
Our room names start with A thru G. I'll just enter the letter(s) in the calendar. Easy. You could do the same with numbers (like what they are in SuperInn).

I have never clicked reset how many viewed.
I just go in an open availability, click save and sign off. I have asked the guys if they cannot just put a button like the SIGN ON button that we can hit once and it updates it. Since I don't have the new version I don't know if that ever happened.
I WISH THAT WOULD BE TAKEN OFF ALL TOGETHER! We don't need that. Like the other prgms guests view the calendar and book a room. They don't need to SEE when we updated it last. Then we have that stupid disclaimer we put on there "We make every effort to keep our availaibilty up to date ...blah blah blha".
SuperInn is updated all the time. As soon as a room is reserved online, it comes out of availability too. I'm quite happy with the system. I was keeping the rez's in my calendar planner & lugging it with me but I no longer do that. I print out the availability calendar which goes out something like 20 days (you can set it longer but then I'd need stronger readers...haha!) and take that with me since folks are booking more at the last minute. I don't really have anything booked very far out so I decided not to make work for myself for now. I have a Palm Pilot that I'm going to start using to show what's booked by using a "key". I am trying to simplify my life....
Samster said:
I have a Palm Pilot that I'm going to start using to show what's booked by using a "key".
You have me interested. How are you going to do this?
Our room names start with A thru G. I'll just enter the letter(s) in the calendar. Easy. You could do the same with numbers (like what they are in SuperInn).
Ahhh I get it, I thought you had found some software called "Key"

Back