Impressive display of fireworks...world's tallest building

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know that I'd be making a big deal about the tallest building....seems to be just asking you know who to come calling with a hijacked airplane...
Riki

And just what does being the world's tallest building get anyone? Other than a big bill building it and bragging rights.... It will rtake a LOT of tenants to fill it and make it financially viable. Chicago had 2 of them in turn - Hancock had an observation tower and nice shops and office buildings. Then Sears built their Tower - repeat previous sentence. Now Sears has sold it and i do not even know what they call it today - too many empty offices. Too expensive to maintain. And Dubai is in deep doo-doo financially - even with all that oil money.

I don't know that I'd be making a big deal about the tallest building....seems to be just asking you know who to come calling with a hijacked airplane...
Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
I commented then deleted as was very political.
I think it was just posted to show the magnitude and ingenuity of this man made structure.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
I think it was just posted to show the magnitude and ingenuity of this man made structure.
I just liked the fireworks...I thought it was neat the way they shot out from the building like synchronized swimmers.

And just what does being the world's tallest building get anyone? Other than a big bill building it and bragging rights.... It will rtake a LOT of tenants to fill it and make it financially viable. Chicago had 2 of them in turn - Hancock had an observation tower and nice shops and office buildings. Then Sears built their Tower - repeat previous sentence. Now Sears has sold it and i do not even know what they call it today - too many empty offices. Too expensive to maintain. And Dubai is in deep doo-doo financially - even with all that oil money..
gillumhouse said:
And just what does being the world's tallest building get anyone? Other than a big bill building it and bragging rights.... It will rtake a LOT of tenants to fill it and make it financially viable. Chicago had 2 of them in turn - Hancock had an observation tower and nice shops and office buildings. Then Sears built their Tower - repeat previous sentence. Now Sears has sold it and i do not even know what they call it today - too many empty offices. Too expensive to maintain. And Dubai is in deep doo-doo financially - even with all that oil money.
So true. It's all about ego. And not a good business decision by any means, especially in today's economic climate.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Riki
I just liked the fireworks...I thought it was neat the way they shot out from the building like synchronized swimmers.
Morticia said:
I'm hearinya Morty...I though the fireworks were beautiful too.

How awesome!!! I love fireworks. Thanks for sharing that video. I used to do pyrotechnics back when I lived in Ohio (Dayton and Cincinnati areas). I still like to go blow something up every now and then.

I would like just a smidgen of what it cost to build that.....! I don't know if I would have the nerve to actually go up in it!

I'm just happy becos the company that built it has been employing my nephew for a few years - he is an architectural engineer and we are all just thankful he (still) has a job!

Back