In a Forbes Article

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
I get Christopher Elliott's Newsletter and Media Alerts. When he is asking for some input I have something relevant to add, I respond. Did last week. He sent me the article in advance to read, but not share, and it is in the newsfeed today. He quoted me AND gave a link to Gillum House!

How to find a room at a sold-out hotel

Did you know there's almost no such thing as "sold-out" in the hotel industry? Neither did I until I researched today's story for Forbes.

Here's my report on how to find a room at a sold-out hotel.

I get Christopher Elliott's Newsletter and Media Alerts. When he is asking for some input I have something relevant to add, I respond. Did last week. He sent me the article in advance to read, but not share, and it is in the newsfeed today. He quoted me AND gave a link to Gillum House!

How to find a room at a sold-out hotel

Did you know there's almost no such thing as "sold-out" in the hotel industry? Neither did I until I researched today's story for Forbes.

Here's my report on how to find a room at a sold-out hotel.
Can see that applying to a large corporate hotel more than smaller properties

Can see that applying to a large corporate hotel more than smaller properties

I worked a Holiday Inn with I think 205 rooms. I had authority to discount so I asked the GM what was break-even so I would not "give away the farm". $18 per night - regular rate then was $75 for king and $60 for Standard. They wanted every room occupied.

Back