In season pricing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
We are hitting peak foliage over the next week or so. Now is NOT the time to tell me you thought the rooms would be $100. Sigh. And even tho it is peak, we are empty. NOT good.

yes, October is especially slooooow right now..
Momma Smurf said:
yes, October is especially slooooow right now.
Why do you think that is? It's gorgeous foliage out there! We are usually turning away callers all day at this point. I just checked and my last rez came in 4 days ago!

yes, October is especially slooooow right now..
Momma Smurf said:
yes, October is especially slooooow right now.
Why do you think that is? It's gorgeous foliage out there! We are usually turning away callers all day at this point. I just checked and my last rez came in 4 days ago!
well here the national park is closed...though we see people sneaking in. Govt shutdown maybe effecting folks...its depressing to so many as well as so many furloughed.
But luckily, my friends here are still booked solid...and the colors really are not that great here.

Although we can't compete with eastern foliage, the aspens in Colorado are stunning right now.
But Rocky Mountain National Park is closed because of the impass in Congress. We suspect that people are just staying home watching their grass turn brown.

Although we can't compete with eastern foliage, the aspens in Colorado are stunning right now.
But Rocky Mountain National Park is closed because of the impass in Congress. We suspect that people are just staying home watching their grass turn brown..
HighMountainLodge said:
But Rocky Mountain National Park is closed because of the impass in Congress. We suspect that people are just staying home watching their grass turn brown.
Your aspens are breathtaking! When I think of CO I think of Aspen groves...

Leaves were very late this year, still a few on the trees.
I did have some comments at the weekend asking where the leaves have gone, unusual for any to be left by this time.
Last weekend was our last busy one, now for the looooong winter.

Complaint heard. Walk-ins rolling in tonight. Lower price than I want to sell at but better than being empty.

And yet...just had a call from someone looking for a midweek getaway. They called all over the large city nearby and were told the Holiday Inn is $325/night. He said, 'I really don't think the Holiday Inn is special enough to pay that kind of money.' So, he's staying here for slightly more than that for 2 nights.
And this weekend I could have filled 20 more rooms tonight. Everyone wants Saturday night only on a long weekend.

Back