INABFSB (I'm Not A Black Friday Shopper But...)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowSocks

Reaction score
Wal-Mart has 500 TC 100% cotton sheets (full, queen, king) for $20 from 5 a.m. til 11 a.m. tomorrow morning, while supplies last.
They also have towels for $1.50.
It's enough to lure me out... it will be the first time ever I've shopped on Black Friday.
=)
Kk.

I can start shopping here in less than an hour (at regular stores). Almost everyone will be open at midnight with more openings as the morning progresses.
And yet, I would rather sleep!
Hubs says he's going out to get some stuff tomorrow. I say, 'Good luck!'

That's me - you couldn't pay me enough money to go to a store tomorrow. I'm hoping I can make it until Sunday without having to go to the grocery store.
Our outlet mall opens at midnight for the sales.
Speaking of presents, though - I was shopping thinkgeek.com after I heard about a t-shirt with a wifi detector built-in (for my nephew in college) and found a t-shirt you and Socks might like...
or this gift item...

Great deal on the sheets. At that price I'd stock up enough to not have to do laundry for all the rooms for a week.

I had never shopped on Turkey Friday until last year. I got 2 flat screen TVs for a super price. I think it was still dark out when I went to the store. haha!

Got there late... 5:02 a.m.. No where to park in this huge parking lot.
By the time I found the sheets (5:15?) one set of queen left (well, there were two or three, but someone else was next to me grabbing sheets, too).... but I got a bunch of king in dark colors that I needed.
As my sister would say... "Oh, the humanity!"
But the towel ladies were cheerful, and bringing more and more of them out... every time they found a box of white I grabbed them. I spent over $500 on towels alone, and they had to scan every single one of them.
Next year I'll know I have to get there by 4:30.
=)
Kk.

I would gladly pay to NOT go out - but guys ONLINE also has black friday deals now too - so you can shop from home.
teeth_smile.gif

I would gladly pay to NOT go out - but guys ONLINE also has black friday deals now too - so you can shop from home.
teeth_smile.gif
Overstock.com and Smartbargains.com posted their sales yesterday. Linensource.com has stuff on sale and free shipping with no minimum purchase.

That's me - you couldn't pay me enough money to go to a store tomorrow. I'm hoping I can make it until Sunday without having to go to the grocery store.
Our outlet mall opens at midnight for the sales.
Speaking of presents, though - I was shopping thinkgeek.com after I heard about a t-shirt with a wifi detector built-in (for my nephew in college) and found a t-shirt you and Socks might like...
or this gift item....
No way I ever go to a store on the day after Thanksgiving. We are not exchanging giftswith the family this year.
And the folks who are getting gifts from me...I already bought them. Most at half price at the end of last year. Other stuff will be bought on line.

The reason this innkeeper is always tempted - except we have a full house this morning and half of them from CA got in at midnight...JAN bday and our anniv is in JAN! It is almost an "I can't pay full price for all those ocassions" esp when my mom loves a certain perfume...but - the after Christmas sales are just as handy.
Buy.com always has Black Friday deals too - example EIGHT gig SD card for $13.99!! HIGH capacaity and FREE shipping.

teeth_smile.gif
Overstock.com and Smartbargains.com posted their sales yesterday. Linensource.com has stuff on sale and free shipping with no minimum purchase.
muirford said:
Thanks for those. JCP also has "free" shipping on orders over $25 (which isn't a hard price to hit).

teeth_smile.gif
muirford said:
Thanks for those. JCP also has "free" shipping on orders over $25 (which isn't a hard price to hit).
I have my free JCP shipping code right here..expires Dec. 2.

teeth_smile.gif
muirford said:
catlady said:
The one I got today is only for today and tomorrow. I also have the one you mentioned!

sadly, i read online that a walmart employee died after a 'stampede' of shoppers pushed open the doors early this morning ... in long island i believe. like i said in another thread a while back, i am not comfortable in big crowds. they get this 'herd' mentality. had a cousin who went to a soccer game in brazil i believe where several people were trampled in the stadium. he went to the game because everyone was worked up to go ... but the crowd was too big and out of control. if you've ever been in a crowd that surges forward, you get pushed right along with them.

sadly, i read online that a walmart employee died after a 'stampede' of shoppers pushed open the doors early this morning ... in long island i believe. like i said in another thread a while back, i am not comfortable in big crowds. they get this 'herd' mentality. had a cousin who went to a soccer game in brazil i believe where several people were trampled in the stadium. he went to the game because everyone was worked up to go ... but the crowd was too big and out of control. if you've ever been in a crowd that surges forward, you get pushed right along with them..
seashanty said:
sadly, i read online that a walmart employee died after a 'stampede' of shoppers pushed open the doors early this morning ... in long island i believe. like i said in another thread a while back, i am not comfortable in big crowds. they get this 'herd' mentality. had a cousin who went to a soccer game in brazil i believe where several people were trampled in the stadium. he went to the game because everyone was worked up to go ... but the crowd was too big and out of control. if you've ever been in a crowd that surges forward, you get pushed right along with them.
That and a bomb threat at the one up the road from here.

Back