Indoor security cameras

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
Would like input on indoor security cameras from anyone that has had experience with using them in a entry/kitchen/commons area of their B&B.
Thanks!

I've know of a few who used them outside, for instance, to see who is ringing the door bell, but don't know of anyone putting them inside the house. That would probably give some guests an uncomfortable feeling of being watched or even spied upon.

We have two Ring cameras outside and two inside.
The outside cameras are pointed at our front door (doorbell), and our parking lot, to alert us to arriving guests.
The inside ones are pointed at the front door and our back door, where guests enter. Again, just to let us know about arriving guests. It's a two-story climb to our owner's suite, so we don't want to rush downstairs every time someone comes in to see if it's a new guest or an existing one.
We do not have any other cameras scattered about the inside of the property. None of the 4 cameras have their microphones turned on. We don't evesdrop.
We disclose all all this to our guests in our guestbook. We understand that people are skittish about such things. Amazingly, no one seems to notice, care or comment on them.

The outside cameras are pointed at our front door (doorbell), and our parking lot, to alert us to arriving guests.
The inside ones are pointed at the front door and our back door, where guests enter. Again, just to let us know about arriving guests. It's a two-story climb to our owner's suite, so we don't want to rush downstairs every time someone comes in to see if it's a new guest or an existing one.
We do not have any other cameras scattered about the inside of the property. None of the 4 cameras have their microphones turned on. We don't evesdrop.
We disclose all all this to our guests in our guestbook. We understand that people are skittish about such things. Amazingly, no one seems to notice, care or comment on them..
This is all we're interested in - having the entry points monitored. As far as evesdropping...ugh, I think we all lives, and have much better things to do than to care or go to that extreme with guests...especially the cranky ones!

We disclose all all this to our guests in our guestbook. We understand that people are skittish about such things. Amazingly, no one seems to notice, care or comment on them..
This is all we're interested in - having the entry points monitored. As far as evesdropping...ugh, I think we all lives, and have much better things to do than to care or go to that extreme with guests...especially the cranky ones!
Northern Dreamer said:
As far as evesdropping...ugh, I think we all lives, and have much better things to do than to care or go to that extreme with guests...especially the cranky ones!
It's not about your reality, it's about their perception. You know how people are, always thinking the worst.

Why do you feel the need to monitor these areas with cameras? Have you experienced a problem?

We have three outside one on parking area and the other 2 at the enterences. We instaled them because we had a homless man wandering around the property. Also our Inn is a NO Smoking property, before the cameras went up I would have some guests smoke on porch and use my planters as their ashtray.
We did post signs that say "property is under surveillance".
We do not have any inside, haven't had any reason to do so and hope we never do.

Well, I don't use an indoor camera or any type of other security cameras but where I work in a company (I don't want to disclose the name of my company) is using an indoor camera from WyzeCam manufacturer. I googled this camera and found good reviews. You can also check it on Amazon. Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H3SRXG/

Back