Industrial-sized spam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muirford

Reaction score
The forum had a particularly industrious spammer last night or early this morning. You will see many conversations flagged with no new replies. Please return to the regularly scheduled forum antics at any time. Unless you want to bu y some shoe s...

and so it goes...the rehashing of years old threads...oh well, might be fun, might bring up some ex innkeepers we have forgotten about. :)

Another good point is to NOT click any of the links in case the industrial spammer (really? 3 posts per thread?) is tracking where they got hits. We don't need the shoe person back again.

and so it goes...the rehashing of years old threads...oh well, might be fun, might bring up some ex innkeepers we have forgotten about. :).
This one didn't bother to bury anything, they hit the top threads.

Another good point is to NOT click any of the links in case the industrial spammer (really? 3 posts per thread?) is tracking where they got hits. We don't need the shoe person back again..
For those of us who are new....can you explain what you're talking about? I don't understand the whole "hit by spammers" thing. What's happening? And quickly, what's the story about the shoe person?

Another good point is to NOT click any of the links in case the industrial spammer (really? 3 posts per thread?) is tracking where they got hits. We don't need the shoe person back again..
For those of us who are new....can you explain what you're talking about? I don't understand the whole "hit by spammers" thing. What's happening? And quickly, what's the story about the shoe person?
InnBloom said:
And quickly, what's the story about the shoe person?
Someone came on last night and posted a bunch of messages with links to buy shoes. Spam links. They were flagged for swirt to remove. It causes the topics to come up as unread on your screen and when you go there will be no new posts.

Thanks for all the flagging all the spam. I appreciate the efforts, The spammer has been banned and blocked.

Back