Information required on;PAII Annual Tradeshow

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotelogix

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My first post, just getting to know more about the forum :)
I wanted to know if any one has attended the PAII Annual Innkeeping tradeshow. How popular is this tradeshow with B&B's.
Do B&B's make sure they visit the tradeshow each year and how does it benefit property owners and vendors ?
Any further information will be of great help
Thanks

The show is very popular. It is one of the more expensive B & B conferences, so not everyone goes to it every year. It circulates around the country so many wait until it is closer to their area to attend. Many state associations have yearly shows or combine with other states / organizations. It gets costly for one state to do it alone.

My wife an I attended one time. It was one of those "Been there, done tha kinda thing for us! At the time we attended we had already been innkeepers for 7 years. So most of the stuff we already knew! It might be good for inspiring innkeepers. My thoughts were "Very Expensive" for what we got back from it! It was manly people trying to sell us memberships. I would not go back! You can find everything they mention online now for free. To be honest with you, I get more from this forum from people that are living the life of an innkeeper. Not from someone who couldn't handle it and decide they would just become a speaker on how to be an innkeeper!! So save your money and enjoy this forum!

Hey Bob, have you seen the latest episode of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. They're at Southern Oaks Inn there in Branson!

My wife an I attended one time. It was one of those "Been there, done tha kinda thing for us! At the time we attended we had already been innkeepers for 7 years. So most of the stuff we already knew! It might be good for inspiring innkeepers. My thoughts were "Very Expensive" for what we got back from it! It was manly people trying to sell us memberships. I would not go back! You can find everything they mention online now for free. To be honest with you, I get more from this forum from people that are living the life of an innkeeper. Not from someone who couldn't handle it and decide they would just become a speaker on how to be an innkeeper!! So save your money and enjoy this forum!.
Bob said:
So save your money and enjoy this forum!
I'm thinking the OP wants to know if it's worth paying to be a vendor trying to sell you something...

By the time I had paid my registration, room, and gas (I drove), I was tapped out. HOWEVER, I was surprised at how much money flowed at that Conference! I was poverty row among the HAVES! I found it interesting and the best part was meeting innmates.

I have attended two PAII meetings. The first time I was in the process of starting my B&B, and for me the best part of that meeting was to have a chance to meet vendors. The year was 2005 and the trade show was much larger then. There were fewer vendors the next time I attended, I believe as a reflection of the economy. I also had most of my systems in place, so I felt less need to visit with all the vendors.
The meeting is arranged to make sure the attendees get to the vendor areas each day by serving lunch there and by having a check list with an endorsement from each vendor that the attendee can have filled out and then be entered in a drawing.

My wife an I attended one time. It was one of those "Been there, done tha kinda thing for us! At the time we attended we had already been innkeepers for 7 years. So most of the stuff we already knew! It might be good for inspiring innkeepers. My thoughts were "Very Expensive" for what we got back from it! It was manly people trying to sell us memberships. I would not go back! You can find everything they mention online now for free. To be honest with you, I get more from this forum from people that are living the life of an innkeeper. Not from someone who couldn't handle it and decide they would just become a speaker on how to be an innkeeper!! So save your money and enjoy this forum!.
Thanks Bob for sharing your insight
Its sad when we dont really get much from our investment and that is the reason i want to make sure that when we as Vendor who are into Web Based Property Management System get maximum ROI from the event and after sponsoring it.
As the number of B&B owners who visit PAII event is large i believe the apportunity to reach out to owners increases many times. Yet i am trying to get a better picture of the event before we are physically present there
Thanks loads Bob

Like this forum,
6 replies in under 24 hrs
Thanks all for your suggestions and quick response.
Did any one however by any chance spot Vendors who were into Property Management Systems at PAII Annual Show, specifically into Web or Cloud Based ?

Like this forum,
Did any one however by any chance spot Vendors who were into Property Management Systems at PAII Annual Show, specifically into Web or Cloud Based ?.
Yes there are a number of them in attendance. You can just check the PAII web site and see the vendors list.

Hey Bob, have you seen the latest episode of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. They're at Southern Oaks Inn there in Branson!.
I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing! We are so crazy busy right now! I barley have time to read this forum! We are having a record month!

Like this forum,
Did any one however by any chance spot Vendors who were into Property Management Systems at PAII Annual Show, specifically into Web or Cloud Based ?.
Hello! You are in a very compettitive market! The one thing I can suggest to you is, "listen to your customers"! You don't use your software, we do! So if a good idea is mentioned, take notes and implement it! Customer service is key! You also must be available 7 days a week! At least have someone on call. Just some thoughts!

Hey Bob, have you seen the latest episode of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. They're at Southern Oaks Inn there in Branson!.
Arkansawyer said:
Hey Bob, have you seen the latest episode of Hotel Impossible on the Travel Channel. They're at Southern Oaks Inn there in Branson!
We saw that episode. It amazes us how clueless some of these hotel owners are. I mean, this is common sense stuff. The General Manager should have been called a Marginal Manager. I think the bottom line is these people are either complacent, lazy or just frozen by fear of failure until it becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy.

We typically go to the PAII conference every other year. We really enjoy the vendor area and have plunked down some major bucks there. As someone else posted, you're in a very competitive market, especially if a lot of innkeepers haven't heard of your product. To make it valuable for you, I would think you would need to do some workshops or add-on free seminars to get your product known. Personally, I wouldn't buy your software at a PAII conference if I had not heard of it, but I would definitely take information and check-it out afterwards, especially if your pricing was better than the 'big boys'.

Alireda, please stop posting your resource link! 1 time is great! But I'm already turned off by the last comment on your description! Your posts are starting to feel like spam!

Alireda, please stop posting your resource link! 1 time is great! But I'm already turned off by the last comment on your description! Your posts are starting to feel like spam!.
Not certain what happened, but hopefully (giving them the benefit of a doubt), it was just a hiccup. Sometimes new posters don't know that hitting Save makes it live. Or they hit Save and not Preview. Or...or...or...
Or, I could be wrong. It's been known to happen
tounge_smile.gif

Alireda, please stop posting your resource link! 1 time is great! But I'm already turned off by the last comment on your description! Your posts are starting to feel like spam!.
Not certain what happened, but hopefully (giving them the benefit of a doubt), it was just a hiccup. Sometimes new posters don't know that hitting Save makes it live. Or they hit Save and not Preview. Or...or...or...
Or, I could be wrong. It's been known to happen
tounge_smile.gif

Oh, I completely understand that! I think I have been guilty of that before! These resource links post are 1 day apart. Spamming up our playground! :(

Let me tell you what will happen next...the so-called poster will now go on every thread and comment or like (if there were a like button) so the SIGNATuRE LINE and LOGO will be seen 100 times. Steve has been alerted to this (from Day 1) and if it happens will remove said poster. Just an FYI. Until then no rules are being broken.
So there ya go folks, go to a forum and post with signature/url and comment on every single topic for free marketing.
smileystooges.gif

Like this forum,
Hello! You are in a very compettitive market! The one thing I can suggest to you is, "listen to your customers"! You don't use your software, we do! So if a good idea is mentioned, take notes and implement it! Customer service is key! You also must be available 7 days a week! At least have someone on call. Just some thoughts!
Thanks for the suggestion Bob,
We have all that you mentioned, 24/7 customer service, the most affordable comprehensive software, all the B&B modules, yet as you mentioned we are always evolving and perfecting ourself.
However some one told me, B&B's are very closely related and its more of word of mouth that matter a lot in this industry. Not sure how correct that infromation is, but i am still loooking to reach out to prospects and show them that we have something unique to offer...
Thanks

Sorry Bob,
My apologies, wouldnt happen again. To be honest i didnt do it deliberately, new on here

Back