Inn Blogs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Have you seen this new site? http://inndx.com/ Says they give you a free blog for innkeepers only. I am just now looking at it. Of course...they want to get you as a customer and turn the blog into a website for you.. :)

I love the idea. I think this is a perfect first step for a new innkeeper, or one needing a professional look on a budget. Sure beats the heck out of letting a relative to a relatively bad job for you. You know there are some pretty unprofessional looking b&b websites out there, catlady...lots of them. Waaayyy to many. The look of these sites is sharp and very professional.
I can't begrudge them for seeking out future customers in this way. Offering you a free site in the beginning of your b&b journey is a really big thing. I started out 10 years ago with a company called CNC Host. Later became XO.com. I used a free template and made a site that was as good as the ones my competition had, better than many of them. It was a HUGE savings for me at a time when I really needed the money to go somewhere else. I would have only been happier if the templates were more geared to my type of business. SEO, (did we even call it that back the?), was offered through them to some extent, but I had to research and do most of it myself.
There are more and more Wordpress based sites showing up everyday. I like that. I have two close friends using IO's Wordpress based websites and they are very, very pleased. If I was a new innkeeper, I would do this in a heartbeat.

I love the idea. I think this is a perfect first step for a new innkeeper, or one needing a professional look on a budget. Sure beats the heck out of letting a relative to a relatively bad job for you. You know there are some pretty unprofessional looking b&b websites out there, catlady...lots of them. Waaayyy to many. The look of these sites is sharp and very professional.
I can't begrudge them for seeking out future customers in this way. Offering you a free site in the beginning of your b&b journey is a really big thing. I started out 10 years ago with a company called CNC Host. Later became XO.com. I used a free template and made a site that was as good as the ones my competition had, better than many of them. It was a HUGE savings for me at a time when I really needed the money to go somewhere else. I would have only been happier if the templates were more geared to my type of business. SEO, (did we even call it that back the?), was offered through them to some extent, but I had to research and do most of it myself.
There are more and more Wordpress based sites showing up everyday. I like that. I have two close friends using IO's Wordpress based websites and they are very, very pleased. If I was a new innkeeper, I would do this in a heartbeat..
I agree ...very nice and professional looking templates. I am starting to use WordPress for websites for a few of my new sites. An easy way to go if their server offers WordPress. Saves me from updating it in the future. They can do it themselves :)

I moved my blog to wordpress this winter. I have been really please with the ease of use and the results. I haven't made the jump to do my whole site that way yet. I need new photos.
Are there that many servers that won't handle it?

I moved my blog to wordpress this winter. I have been really please with the ease of use and the results. I haven't made the jump to do my whole site that way yet. I need new photos.
Are there that many servers that won't handle it?.
I don't know. I guess it just depends on how your server works and how competent you are at installing it or if they will install it for you.
For the hosting company many of my folks have, they just upgraded their servers and offer it as a free install. I just had to click the install icon on their control panel and it was done...so easy...then of course I had to go in and set it up for them...but that didn't take too long.

I have heard that wordpress is a bad thing on a windows server. Have you heard anything about that, Catlady.

I have heard that wordpress is a bad thing on a windows server. Have you heard anything about that, Catlady..
Don't know...I am on a linux system I believe. But with so many people using WordPress these days, I find that hard to believe. Maybe SWIRT can shed some light.

I have heard that wordpress is a bad thing on a windows server. Have you heard anything about that, Catlady..
I run all my WP installs on linux servers. I'm not sure of any issues related to running it on a Windows server.

Back