Inn Cuisine?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I can post these pics, then you will all be able to see. I had oooh's and aaah's from the table. I served the first piece and the men wanted to keep their plates for more!
The marmalade makes it people - it gives it a nice glaze and a touch of something diff than the usualy sitcky bun - cinnamon roll. REALLY GREAT! The guests said to tell all of you and the Inn-Cuisine gal it is tremendous. They approved of my taking their pic. LINKS are on next post above..
moz-screenshot-5.jpg
moz-screenshot-4.jpg

Welcome Sandie! The only improvement I can suggest is to make it scratch n sniff...The photos are unreal! I am baking the marmalade coffee cake as I type this...and let me confirm - the smell of orange, cinnamon and brown sugar! FANTASTIC!
Big Mill is perhaps one of the greatest blogs around! I love her blog too.

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
Every since we rebuilt this machine I cannot seem to do anything on here. GRRRRR!
If anyone can adjust any of those links for me so others ca view the cake I would appreciate it!!!
I will keep trying -- click here -- - click here.
The photos in your previous two posts were referencing your own hard drive...no way we could see them ;)
The tinypic links are weird. If you click on them, tinypic redirects to file not found, but if you copy and paste the address into the address bar, they work fine.
http://i36.tinypic.com/4vq1d5.jpg (copy and paste or simply drag these to the address bar and drop them)
http://s4.tinypic.com/2w3xaa8.jpg

Hi everyone, gosh you're a friendly bunch! Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
I'd like to try responding to you all individually, so here goes (may not be proper etiquette here, but it's how we do it in the food blog world, so bear with me).
Muirford - Food blogs are sooo addicting (I know). Do you make use of a feed reader, such as Google Reader, Blog Lines, etc.? Those are a great way to keep up with your favorite blogs.
Simply choose the feed reader you like (I use Google Reader, but know many who use Blog Lines as well as others), set up an account, then add the individual RSS feeds of your favorite blogs. Once you've added the feeds (some are complete, others are summaries like mine), then you are able to track your favorite blogs from within 1 place (the feed reader), and click on the ones you'd like to visit from there.
This allows people to keep up with which blogs have been recently updated without having to click through each site via bookmarks. I currently have about 50 of my favorite food blogs in my feed reader, and that doesn't even begin to touch the number of food blogs out there.
If you're already familiar with RSS feeds & feed readers, that's great. They are an excellent way to stay organize and most importantly, save time!
Bree - Thank you!
Samster - "Inn-mate," that's cute. I hope the report on the coffee cake is a good one!
I adapted the recipe on Inn Cuisine from my old Southern Living cookbook, mostly by increasing the amount of orange marmalade required and making a few other tweaks to the original recipe. Before posting any recipe, I always make it once, according to the original, then make it again with my own tweaks and variations. After a recipe passes both tests, it makes it to the pages of Inn Cuisine. That way, I try to avoid passing on any duds to home (or inn) cooks.
Emspiers - Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed browsing.
Yellowsock - Love your little waving guy with the sign. Let me see if I can do that too...
chef.gif
...yay! It worked.
Mjsgeorgia - Mmmm... Italian Breakfast Panini's sound delicious! The panini recipe on Inn Cuisine came from a guest post by another food blogger named Kathy of the site PaniniHappy.com. If you love panini's, you should definitely check her site out! She runs the only food blog I'm aware of that is dedicated strictly to panini's.
Green Tea Blueberry Smoothies sound divine too. Perhaps you have a few recipes you'd like to share on Inn Cuisine (hint, hint)?
JunieBJones - Scratch 'n' Sniff. Yes. I've thought of that. It's a shame Bill Gates and those guys over at Apple didn't comply with my request to make pc & Mac screens sratch 'n' sniff
wink_smile.gif
. It's such a good idea! Ahhh...the limitations of technology!
IvyLee - Chloe was fantastic to work with! Not only is she super friendly and down-to-Earth, but she's an amazing cook, and so willing to share her recipes and stories. I did a feature on her & Big Mill back in April around Earth Day. The features are on Inn Cuisine under the category "Rave Reviews" (she also has an additional recipe for biscotti under the category Fresh from the Oven. Check them out sometime (there are other B&B inn features there as well---one from Kansas City, one from Lawrence, KS and another from Amelia Island, Florida.)
JBJ - Well, now I have a new nickname...the Inn Cuisine gal... I love it! I'm also very glad you made this coffee cake recipe, and more so that it was a hit! Unless you're the same innkeeper who has commented on this recipe on its post at Inn Cuisine, you join the small army of innkeepers who have made this coffee cake for their guests recently and experienced rousing feedback.
It's good to know I'm vicariously pleasing so many tummies! I'll try to keep up the good work!

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
Every since we rebuilt this machine I cannot seem to do anything on here. GRRRRR!
If anyone can adjust any of those links for me so others ca view the cake I would appreciate it!!!
Looks delicious!! Maybe I can drop over for leftovers and coffee when you get the rooms clean??
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
Looks delicious!! Maybe I can drop over for leftovers and coffee when you get the rooms clean??
teeth_smile.gif
I forgot to mention the other beauty of this cake, as you can see the biscuits start to pull apart, it was prob too hot to flip out of the bundt pan, but they are "presliced" so it works great for our business.
chef.gif

Forgot to say - Since these were frozen southern biscuits and are denser, I cooked this at 375 for 45 minutes. (chgd that from the orig recipe)

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
I forgot to mention the other beauty of this cake, as you can see the biscuits start to pull apart, it was prob too hot to flip out of the bundt pan, but they are "presliced" so it works great for our business.
chef.gif

Forgot to say - Since these were frozen southern biscuits and are denser, I cooked this at 375 for 45 minutes. (chgd that from the orig recipe)
You said you used frozen southern biscuits. Is that like Pilsbury frozen biscuits?

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
chef.gif

You said you used frozen southern biscuits. Is that like Pilsbury frozen biscuits?
hawley said:
Similar, there is a brand here called Mary B's Southern Style - they are not the flaky layered type, but more like a buttermilk biscuit/baking soda biscuit. I think any would work tho. I think, in my own wisdom, that the fridge biscuits might get harder than the frozen type if you planned on saving some for later.
I made one up for DH from this morning and just put a dot of butter on it and nuked it and it was fabulous. I know the fridge biscuits get hard after a while.
But I will try those too! Esp when I find them on sale.
wink_smile.gif

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
chef.gif

Aha! I wondered about that if you could use the Southern biscuits (since I always have them here). Did you defrost them first?
Who's eating the leftovers??? Wish we lived closer
cry_smile.gif

Hi everyone, gosh you're a friendly bunch! Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
I'd like to try responding to you all individually, so here goes (may not be proper etiquette here, but it's how we do it in the food blog world, so bear with me).
Muirford - Food blogs are sooo addicting (I know). Do you make use of a feed reader, such as Google Reader, Blog Lines, etc.? Those are a great way to keep up with your favorite blogs.
Simply choose the feed reader you like (I use Google Reader, but know many who use Blog Lines as well as others), set up an account, then add the individual RSS feeds of your favorite blogs. Once you've added the feeds (some are complete, others are summaries like mine), then you are able to track your favorite blogs from within 1 place (the feed reader), and click on the ones you'd like to visit from there.
This allows people to keep up with which blogs have been recently updated without having to click through each site via bookmarks. I currently have about 50 of my favorite food blogs in my feed reader, and that doesn't even begin to touch the number of food blogs out there.
If you're already familiar with RSS feeds & feed readers, that's great. They are an excellent way to stay organize and most importantly, save time!
Bree - Thank you!
Samster - "Inn-mate," that's cute. I hope the report on the coffee cake is a good one!
I adapted the recipe on Inn Cuisine from my old Southern Living cookbook, mostly by increasing the amount of orange marmalade required and making a few other tweaks to the original recipe. Before posting any recipe, I always make it once, according to the original, then make it again with my own tweaks and variations. After a recipe passes both tests, it makes it to the pages of Inn Cuisine. That way, I try to avoid passing on any duds to home (or inn) cooks.
Emspiers - Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed browsing.
Yellowsock - Love your little waving guy with the sign. Let me see if I can do that too...
chef.gif
...yay! It worked.
Mjsgeorgia - Mmmm... Italian Breakfast Panini's sound delicious! The panini recipe on Inn Cuisine came from a guest post by another food blogger named Kathy of the site PaniniHappy.com. If you love panini's, you should definitely check her site out! She runs the only food blog I'm aware of that is dedicated strictly to panini's.
Green Tea Blueberry Smoothies sound divine too. Perhaps you have a few recipes you'd like to share on Inn Cuisine (hint, hint)?
JunieBJones - Scratch 'n' Sniff. Yes. I've thought of that. It's a shame Bill Gates and those guys over at Apple didn't comply with my request to make pc & Mac screens sratch 'n' sniff
wink_smile.gif
. It's such a good idea! Ahhh...the limitations of technology!
IvyLee - Chloe was fantastic to work with! Not only is she super friendly and down-to-Earth, but she's an amazing cook, and so willing to share her recipes and stories. I did a feature on her & Big Mill back in April around Earth Day. The features are on Inn Cuisine under the category "Rave Reviews" (she also has an additional recipe for biscotti under the category Fresh from the Oven. Check them out sometime (there are other B&B inn features there as well---one from Kansas City, one from Lawrence, KS and another from Amelia Island, Florida.)
JBJ - Well, now I have a new nickname...the Inn Cuisine gal... I love it! I'm also very glad you made this coffee cake recipe, and more so that it was a hit! Unless you're the same innkeeper who has commented on this recipe on its post at Inn Cuisine, you join the small army of innkeepers who have made this coffee cake for their guests recently and experienced rousing feedback.
It's good to know I'm vicariously pleasing so many tummies! I'll try to keep up the good work!.
I always give credit where credit is due - "inn-mate" comes from my inn-mate JBJ
teeth_smile.gif

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
chef.gif

Aha! I wondered about that if you could use the Southern biscuits (since I always have them here). Did you defrost them first?
cry_smile.gif

Yes, inquiring minds want to know if you defrosted the biscuits first or put them in frozen...do tell

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
chef.gif

cry_smile.gif

Yes, inquiring minds want to know if you defrosted the biscuits first or put them in frozen...do tell
emspiers said:
I went ahead and made it after seeing that recipe, but held off til morning to bake it. So I put it in the fridge overnight, so biscuits were 50%-75% defrosted, I think you could bake it with them frozen however, as that is how you bake these type anyway!
I will try it with them completely frozen next time.

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
teeth_smile.gif

GeorgiaGirl25 said:
teeth_smile.gif
chef.gif

cry_smile.gif

emspiers said:
I went ahead and made it after seeing that recipe, but held off til morning to bake it. So I put it in the fridge overnight, so biscuits were 50%-75% defrosted, I think you could bake it with them frozen however, as that is how you bake these type anyway!
I will try it with them completely frozen next time.
You can bake them from frozen...
chef.gif

Hey guess what...I finally got my new emoticons...YEAH!!!!!

Back