Inn Cuisine?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Trolling around for my name and came across this site. Anyone we know? A few of us are linked from there. Pretty neat recipes!

Yum, I like the looks of that Orange Marmalade cake
tounge_smile.gif
I bookmarked that site.

I bookmarked it, too. I am going to pass it along to my boss. She is always looking for ideas to spruce up breakfast. It gets boring doing the same foods day in and day out.
Thanks, Bree, for the link

Yummo...Giada is my favorite!!! Good looking site and lots of yummy ideas. I have bookmarked as well.

I am going to take a shot at this.
I am going to say this person is affiliated with the iloveinns directory, or reads it or is on it. As most of it not all of the blogs listed are on the iloveinns blog of the week. I recognize a few of course, then also a couple I remember reading about.
The other post where I spoke about the tracfone working when noone elses worked? Well that was near GROVELAND CA where my cousin lives at the western Gateway to Yosemite.
On the INN CUISINE blog list she has Hotel Charlotte Groveland & Yosemite. I was outside that when I used the tracfone. I remember the blog being highlighted this year.

I am going to say this person is affiliated with the iloveinns directory, or reads it or is on it. As most of it not all of the blogs listed are on the iloveinns blog of the week. I recognize a few of course, then also a couple I remember reading about.
The other post where I spoke about the tracfone working when noone elses worked? Well that was near GROVELAND CA where my cousin lives at the western Gateway to Yosemite.
On the INN CUISINE blog list she has Hotel Charlotte Groveland & Yosemite. I was outside that when I used the tracfone. I remember the blog being highlighted this year..
That explains the assortment of inn blogs that are on there. No one contacted me to trade links, which bloggers usually do. Not to insult anyone but I think this blog is better than iloveinns usual editing, etc. (I know some of us write for iloveinns, but they chop things up and want articles that are much shorter, with less depth, thus the editing comment.)

On the INN CUISINE blog list she has Hotel Charlotte Groveland & Yosemite. I was outside that when I used the tracfone. I remember the blog being highlighted this year..
That explains the assortment of inn blogs that are on there. No one contacted me to trade links, which bloggers usually do. Not to insult anyone but I think this blog is better than iloveinns usual editing, etc. (I know some of us write for iloveinns, but they chop things up and want articles that are much shorter, with less depth, thus the editing comment.)
Bree said:
I looked again and saw a couple that I have cliked thru in the past and really liked, the names are even familiar to me: Chloe's blog from Big Mill. I recall the fantastic photos and homespun humor on her blog. Altho now that link is gone to her blog. and her website url is no longer there or working. hm

Hey I stayed at Hotel Charlotte last year :)

Hi Sandie,
Welcome and congratulations on a great site.

Hi everyone. I noticed some traffic to my food blog, Inn Cuisine, coming from Innspiring.com, so I thought I'd come check this site out, and I happened upon this conversation. I think it's time I introduce myself properly.
My name is Sandie, and I'm a business and freelance writer based in Kansas City, MO. I am not affliated with iloveinns in any way, and although I am not a professional innkeeper, I have stayed at many B&B's over the years.
My professional background lies in advertising and journalism, and I currently create marketing copy for small to mid-size business throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and beyond.
I am also an avid cook, who started Inn Cuisine as a way to share my passion for food, especially the types of food inspired by, and served in, so many bed & breakfast inns. While the majority of recipes featured on Inn Cuisine are geared towards home cooks, many are also perfect for special occasions or for serving at B&B inns.
Most of the innkeeper blogs linked on my site came to me by word-of-mouth, and many had indeed been featured on iloveinns' "blog of the month." I checked into all of these blogs personally, and the ones that I deemed professional and/or were updated and tended to often, made it to the blogroll of Inn Cuisine as a resource for my readers.
If you happen to keep an innkeeper blog for your B&B and would like to be included on my blogroll, I invite you to drop by Inn Cuisine and leave me a note via the contact form you'll find at the top of the page. I will do my best to look into your innkeeper blog and if it meets the criteria, include it on my blogroll.
In the food blog world, links on a blogroll are often given if the blog owner likes a particular blog. It is considered unprofessional to ask for a link exchange, and often no prior notice is given. And while I try to make sure there are no broken links anywhere on my site, sometimes a few will slip through. I do believe the link to Chloe's Blog at Big Mill is functioning though, and that particular inn has also been featured on my site.
Every few months, I try to feature a specific B&B inn on my site, doing a full write-up on that inn and sharing 1 or 2 of the inn's finest signature recipes. The last inn I featured happened to be an inn I visited in July, The Addison of Amelia Island, in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
Besides appealing to home cooks, I also started Inn Cuisine to become a resource for time-pressed B&B owners like yourselves, who don't have enough hours in a day to spend free moments scouring the internet for new and exciting recipes to serve at your inn. Hopefully, as the months go by, you'll find Inn Cuisine to become a valuable resource for you as well---a way to change up your typical breakfast/dessert/happy hour menu and incorporate some new, indulgent ideas into your kitchen.
As a side note, I also happen to write freelance copy for other food sites on the web. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how I could improve Inn Cuisine from an innkeeper's viewpoint, I invite you to drop me a note. Again, feel free to use the contact form on my site.
I hope that clears up the mystery. Other than writing for a living, I'm also married and a mom to 3. I hope through this forum, or through Inn Cuisine, we get to know each other better.
I thank each of you for your interest in my site, and especially for your kind comments. I consider Inn Cuisine my baby, as well as my business, and it's always nice to hear positive feedback.
Thanks for your time! It was nice *meeting* you.
Best,
Sandie, Editor, InnCuisine.com

Hi Sandie,
Welcome and congratulations on a great site..
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment as well as you sharing the link to Inn Cuisine under cooking resources, as the best form of advertising is word-of-mouth!

Hi everyone. I noticed some traffic to my food blog, Inn Cuisine, coming from Innspiring.com, so I thought I'd come check this site out, and I happened upon this conversation. I think it's time I introduce myself properly.
My name is Sandie, and I'm a business and freelance writer based in Kansas City, MO. I am not affliated with iloveinns in any way, and although I am not a professional innkeeper, I have stayed at many B&B's over the years.
My professional background lies in advertising and journalism, and I currently create marketing copy for small to mid-size business throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and beyond.
I am also an avid cook, who started Inn Cuisine as a way to share my passion for food, especially the types of food inspired by, and served in, so many bed & breakfast inns. While the majority of recipes featured on Inn Cuisine are geared towards home cooks, many are also perfect for special occasions or for serving at B&B inns.
Most of the innkeeper blogs linked on my site came to me by word-of-mouth, and many had indeed been featured on iloveinns' "blog of the month." I checked into all of these blogs personally, and the ones that I deemed professional and/or were updated and tended to often, made it to the blogroll of Inn Cuisine as a resource for my readers.
If you happen to keep an innkeeper blog for your B&B and would like to be included on my blogroll, I invite you to drop by Inn Cuisine and leave me a note via the contact form you'll find at the top of the page. I will do my best to look into your innkeeper blog and if it meets the criteria, include it on my blogroll.
In the food blog world, links on a blogroll are often given if the blog owner likes a particular blog. It is considered unprofessional to ask for a link exchange, and often no prior notice is given. And while I try to make sure there are no broken links anywhere on my site, sometimes a few will slip through. I do believe the link to Chloe's Blog at Big Mill is functioning though, and that particular inn has also been featured on my site.
Every few months, I try to feature a specific B&B inn on my site, doing a full write-up on that inn and sharing 1 or 2 of the inn's finest signature recipes. The last inn I featured happened to be an inn I visited in July, The Addison of Amelia Island, in Fernandina Beach, Florida.
Besides appealing to home cooks, I also started Inn Cuisine to become a resource for time-pressed B&B owners like yourselves, who don't have enough hours in a day to spend free moments scouring the internet for new and exciting recipes to serve at your inn. Hopefully, as the months go by, you'll find Inn Cuisine to become a valuable resource for you as well---a way to change up your typical breakfast/dessert/happy hour menu and incorporate some new, indulgent ideas into your kitchen.
As a side note, I also happen to write freelance copy for other food sites on the web. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on how I could improve Inn Cuisine from an innkeeper's viewpoint, I invite you to drop me a note. Again, feel free to use the contact form on my site.
I hope that clears up the mystery. Other than writing for a living, I'm also married and a mom to 3. I hope through this forum, or through Inn Cuisine, we get to know each other better.
I thank each of you for your interest in my site, and especially for your kind comments. I consider Inn Cuisine my baby, as well as my business, and it's always nice to hear positive feedback.
Best,
Sandie, Editor, InnCuisine.com.
:welcome:
It's really a great blog!

Best,
I'm waiting for a report back on your Orange Marmalade Cake from Southern Living from my inn-mate
tounge_smile.gif

:Welcome:

Welcome Sandie! Definitely want to try that Bacon Apple Cheddar Panini...looks awesome! I got brave this summer and made Italian Breakfast Panini's, they've since become my most complimented recipe...guests seem to think you spend a lot of time on them or something, but they are super easy and delicious. Just this past weekend I had this adorable young Air Force couple from Warner Robins, they said "You make the best paninis ever! You rock!" I usually make my Green Tea Blueberry smoothies with them, add Double Chocolate muffins, and Voila...they love it!
I don't even have a panini grill (it's on my Christmas wish list) so I use my "George Foreman" type grill and it works fine. That Orange Marmalade cake sure looks good...that's next on my list!

swirt said:
See! I was the one with the cell phone that worked.
thumbs_up.gif

Hi Sandie,
Welcome and congratulations on a great site..
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment as well as you sharing the link to Inn Cuisine under cooking resources, as the best form of advertising is word-of-mouth!
Great blog - I have added it to my bookmarks list of about a dozen food blogs I look at regularly. I love looking at food blogs - it has replaced watching food tv shows as my favorite guilty pleasure. I even did a blog entry on my blog about food blogs
angel_smile.gif

Best,
Welcome!
I really enjoyed browsing thru your site.

Chloe's blog is fantastic and a personal favorite of mine, I really enjoy it, it has a cool take on life. I just checked and I was able to pop up the blog, site, directory listings etc. , so maybe it was just server trouble or something.

moz-screenshot-6.jpg
moz-screenshot-7.jpg
Every since we rebuilt this machine I cannot seem to do anything on here. GRRRRR!
If anyone can adjust any of those links for me so others ca view the cake I would appreciate it!!!
I will keep trying -- click here -- - click here

Back