INN-OVATIONS.NET? CLICK BROCHURE?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happykeeper

Reaction score
Aloha to us all,
Has anyone ever worked with these folks? Does anyone have a click brochure? Does it work?

Thanks CL- Is your sample the same? Could the inn put it on their site and a visitor could print it out with just a click?
I think that is what caught my attention. So I could probably do that myself and add it to my site and track it myself is what I am hearing. I am not worth much salt and my site still needs a fair amount of help, but what you say is likely correct.

Thanks CL- Is your sample the same? Could the inn put it on their site and a visitor could print it out with just a click?
I think that is what caught my attention. So I could probably do that myself and add it to my site and track it myself is what I am hearing. I am not worth much salt and my site still needs a fair amount of help, but what you say is likely correct..
Yep, just CLICK the PRINT button. Here is another way to do it. But this one is just a rack card.
Yes I am sure you could do it yourself. They themselves admit..they just take what you have on your web site...copy and paste into their template and charge you for it:)

I agree with with what Catlady has already said. There is nothing about their offerings that most webmasters couldn't do.
The expense and the yearly fee for tracking is a bit outdated for what they are offering.

I agree with with what Catlady has already said. There is nothing about their offerings that most webmasters couldn't do.
The expense and the yearly fee for tracking is a bit outdated for what they are offering..
And what about web knuckleheads like me?
shades_smile.gif

The expense and the yearly fee for tracking is a bit outdated for what they are offering..
shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
I guess that depends on the degree of knuckleheadnicity. ;)
It is not complicated and as Catlady pointed out, the easiest way is to make a PDF of your existing paper brochure (if you have one). That way you have a better guarantee of how it will look when printed.
There are other more "slick" options than PDF but none of them offer enough advantages over PDF to warrant spending more time on it.
The click brochure I think originally appealed to people who had a paper brochure but had no website. The click brochure served kind of like a poorman's website. It was affordable and approachable....but not a very effective alternative to a multi-page site.

shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
It is not complicated and as Catlady pointed out, the easiest way is to make a PDF of your existing paper brochure (if you have one). That way you have a better guarantee of how it will look when printed.
There are other more "slick" options than PDF but none of them offer enough advantages over PDF to warrant spending more time on it.
The click brochure I think originally appealed to people who had a paper brochure but had no website. The click brochure served kind of like a poorman's website. It was affordable and approachable....but not a very effective alternative to a multi-page site.
I think I'm rated at 2 1/2 knuckles on the safer bart simpson scale, but that includes my handicap.
Sounds like an old news solution that no one uses. Thanks for the heads up.
If I may highjack my own thread, I have been looking at getting dreamweaver but got confused when I saw all the product choices. I want to move to a program that can make adding a swf. file easier and that can make doing other things, like having a webpage that expands to fit someones display monitor (that seed has been sprouting) more doable. I have very little HTML knowledge, so I will be relying on the WYSIWYG side of things to assemble a new site.
I see they have several design suites (pricey) but I can't figure out if I would need any of that. I thought Dreamweaver was a stand alone solution but now I am confused.
It is time to move away from Namo since the product got worse with the last edition and I haven't been able to figure out some stuff since the help menu isn't the best. I hope I'm not jumping out of the frying pan.....but I might as well learn dreamweaver for the long haul. Any thoughts?

shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
I think I'm rated at 2 1/2 knuckles on the safer bart simpson scale, but that includes my handicap.
If I may highjack my own thread, I have been looking at getting dreamweaver but got confused when I saw all the product choices. I want to move to a program that can make adding a swf. file easier and that can make doing other things, like having a webpage that expands to fit someones display monitor (that seed has been sprouting) more doable. I have very little HTML knowledge, so I will be relying on the WYSIWYG side of things to assemble a new site.
I see they have several design suites (pricey) but I can't figure out if I would need any of that. I thought Dreamweaver was a stand alone solution but now I am confused.
It is time to move away from Namo since the product got worse with the last edition and I haven't been able to figure out some stuff since the help menu isn't the best. I hope I'm not jumping out of the frying pan.....but I might as well learn dreamweaver for the long haul. Any thoughts?
FOr the average "Joe" Dreamweaver's $$$ is pretty prohibitive. An easy and free downloadable html editor to use would be Kompozer at kompozer.com
SWIRT turned me on to it and I have given it to several of my clients who insist on editing their own pages :-( I trained them as best I could long distance and I warned them what they could and could not edit on their pages. :) So far so good.

shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
FOr the average "Joe" Dreamweaver's $$$ is pretty prohibitive. An easy and free downloadable html editor to use would be Kompozer at kompozer.com
SWIRT turned me on to it and I have given it to several of my clients who insist on editing their own pages :-( I trained them as best I could long distance and I warned them what they could and could not edit on their pages. :) So far so good.
I looked it over already and I am not so sure it will do the things I want to do to build the site.

it's good to have printable brochures. i didn't realize you had to pay fees ~ i thought once it was created for you, the brochure was yours. i like the concept, there are folks who love to have a brochure in hand. but i'm too cheap frugal and so wouldn't pay for the clickable.
i don't much care for constant contact either. i have friends that use it, one has a little store, another has spa services, another is an innkeeper -- and they all seem so much the same to me and of course you have to see constant contact on the mailing. i used to do my own newsletters. did them in publisher.

shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
The various flavors of Dreamweaver mainly differ in what comes with them. Dreamweaver is essentially the same and standalone, but it plays better with Flash and Fireworks so one bundle includes that. (it is similar to figuring out which version of Microsoft Office to buy.)
If you have a good image editng program that you like, then you probably don't need fireworks.
Flash is not for the faint of heart so I don't recommend buying it unless you plan to do a lot of learning and developing.
As far as what you said you want to do... adding swf .... making a fluid (expanding width) page, Kompozer is certainly able to handle that. Making a fluid website is within the capability of any web authoring program, simply by setting the width to a percent rather than a pixel based width. The hard part is making it fill the varing width extremes without looking image overloaded or image anemic. It is a bit of a balancing act. That's the reason why many designers still cling to fixed width designs...they are certainly easier to control the appearance.

shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
The various flavors of Dreamweaver mainly differ in what comes with them. Dreamweaver is essentially the same and standalone, but it plays better with Flash and Fireworks so one bundle includes that. (it is similar to figuring out which version of Microsoft Office to buy.)
If you have a good image editng program that you like, then you probably don't need fireworks.
Flash is not for the faint of heart so I don't recommend buying it unless you plan to do a lot of learning and developing.
As far as what you said you want to do... adding swf .... making a fluid (expanding width) page, Kompozer is certainly able to handle that. Making a fluid website is within the capability of any web authoring program, simply by setting the width to a percent rather than a pixel based width. The hard part is making it fill the varing width extremes without looking image overloaded or image anemic. It is a bit of a balancing act. That's the reason why many designers still cling to fixed width designs...they are certainly easier to control the appearance.
I have been using Microsoft Picture It 10 for editing most images. It seems to do okay, but maybe I don't know what I am missing. I have Photoshop 5.0 LE, which is too limited to be any good.

shades_smile.gif

knkbnb said:
shades_smile.gif
I have been using Microsoft Picture It 10 for editing most images. It seems to do okay, but maybe I don't know what I am missing. I have Photoshop 5.0 LE, which is too limited to be any good.
I can't say I know what Picture It is capable of so I can't be of much help there. Fireworks is really geared to creating web images where photoshop was more for the print world but then has some web features added. I have to say I was surprised after Adobe bought up Macromedia that they didn't kill off Fireworks and only keep Photoshop.

"Click brochures" were popular years ago..but wore off fast. I never thought there was really need for this when someone can create a pdf brochure themselves,
All it is ...is a simple html page created so that you can print it on a sheet of paper. Any webmaster should be able to take your information and create a similar page if you wanted one.
I was never impressed with them way back when and still am not. I just saw this: Around $200 complete. Just $55 per page one time set up fee, and $34 per year for hosting and tracking!
This definitely is something ANY webmaster worth their salt can do for you and include it in your own google analytics !
Their Sample A brochure I did for someone. Another sample of mine.

I have a brochure to print from my web site. It is pdf format. I also have the download for pdf software there from adobe if needed too.

Back