Inn Room Amenties

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. i appreciate extra pillows ~ i like at least 3, preferably 4 (and yes it's just me)
2. i require free wifi and a window that looks out to the yard, to the garden, to somewhere, even the building next door ... i stayed in a place that had a curtain but no window. it never occurred to me there was no window ~ i kept thinking, what if there is a fire?
3. optional items that are nice are a bathrobe and a desk with chair
4. nice surprise was chocolate and flowers.
seashanty said:
Hmm. Do you think guests like/need a bathrobe even with an en suite bathroom? You're in the cold North so I can see how that might be nice on a cold winter day, but in the South...not so much.
it's a 'like' .... in any weather.
visiting florida, very hot (to me 97 degrees is HOT) ...... i got out of the shower, into the robe, stayed in my robe a while, doing my hair, before getting dressed. yes! a definite like. they had thin robes.
in maine, i had terry 'spa' robes. but if i was buying them today i'd get thinner robes because of the drying time. it took ages for two of the heavy robes to dry.
seashanty said:
visiting florida, very hot (to me 97 degrees is HOT) ...... i got out of the shower, into the robe, stayed in my robe a while, doing my hair, before getting dressed. yes! a definite like. they had thin robes.
in maine, i had terry 'spa' robes. but if i was buying them today i'd get thinner robes because of the drying time. it took ages for two of the heavy robes to dry.
How do you size them? I'm a relatively big guy and my wife is diminutive. However, I've seen big gals with their little husbands or both of them big. You get my drift?

one size fits all.
but not really.
cry_smile.gif

1. i appreciate extra pillows ~ i like at least 3, preferably 4 (and yes it's just me)
2. i require free wifi and a window that looks out to the yard, to the garden, to somewhere, even the building next door ... i stayed in a place that had a curtain but no window. it never occurred to me there was no window ~ i kept thinking, what if there is a fire?
seashanty said:
Hmm. Do you think guests like/need a bathrobe even with an en suite bathroom? You're in the cold North so I can see how that might be nice on a cold winter day, but in the South...not so much.
seashanty said:
How do you size them? I'm a relatively big guy and my wife is diminutive. However, I've seen big gals with their little husbands or both of them big. You get my drift?
Because we started with 3/w shared I have always had robes. Started with 2 one-size fits all and my first "shake-down cruise" guest informed me - they DON'T! So I bought 2 3X for each room. All were terry. All were used a lot. EVEn after the private ensuite went in - the robes were used. Some even came down to breakfast in the robes.
Last year I up-graded to a nicer robe (a recent guest remarked how nice they are) and I have 2 XL and 1 xxl in each closet. I found even the small-size guests would bypass the smaller sized robes and opt for the 3X (and I am referring to people who would have been "swimming" in the one-size robes).

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
Because we started with 3/w shared I have always had robes. Started with 2 one-size fits all and my first "shake-down cruise" guest informed me - they DON'T! So I bought 2 3X for each room. All were terry. All were used a lot. EVEn after the private ensuite went in - the robes were used. Some even came down to breakfast in the robes.
Last year I up-graded to a nicer robe (a recent guest remarked how nice they are) and I have 2 XL and 1 xxl in each closet. I found even the small-size guests would bypass the smaller sized robes and opt for the 3X (and I am referring to people who would have been "swimming" in the one-size robes).
gillumhouse said:
I mentioned all of this to DW and she made a face. MORE LAUNDRY? I don't think she likes the idea.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
I mentioned all of this to DW and she made a face. MORE LAUNDRY? I don't think she likes the idea.
They do not always use them but DO like that they are there if they want them. The ones I use are just as nice lined-dried as they are if in the dryer. The inner shell is a thin short-nap terry and the outer shell is poly that looks satiny.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
I didn't do it until we had a second dryer hooked up. I have the lighter waffle-knit - they really don't take that long to dry.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
I didn't do it until we had a second dryer hooked up. I have the lighter waffle-knit - they really don't take that long to dry.
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
I just took a look at the new PAII industry study which found that 71.8% of the inns surveyed provide robes. That's up from 65.8% in 2006.
With that percentage, I would assume that most people who are repeat B&B goers consider it a standar amenity.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
I just took a look at the new PAII industry study which found that 71.8% of the inns surveyed provide robes. That's up from 65.8% in 2006.
With that percentage, I would assume that most people who are repeat B&B goers consider it a standar amenity.
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
But, as our parents use to say, "Just because everyone else is jumping off a bridge, that doesn't mean you have to". Don't you think that this should be determined on a a case by case basis? I certainly don't expect a robe to be available when traveling. DW and I have stayed at a lot of B&Bs over the last 30 years and most have not had robes. When they did, we didn't bother with them.
I casually survey each of our guests to verify that their accommodations are comfortable and that they have everything that they need. Everyone is always very complimentary about the level of detail we've gone to to make sure that they are indeed comfortable. NOT ONCE has the issue of robes ever come up. I can see how some guest might like them, but I'm still not convinced.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
But, as our parents use to say, "Just because everyone else is jumping off a bridge, that doesn't mean you have to". Don't you think that this should be determined on a a case by case basis? I certainly don't expect a robe to be available when traveling. DW and I have stayed at a lot of B&Bs over the last 30 years and most have not had robes. When they did, we didn't bother with them.
I casually survey each of our guests to verify that their accommodations are comfortable and that they have everything that they need. Everyone is always very complimentary about the level of detail we've gone to to make sure that they are indeed comfortable. NOT ONCE has the issue of robes ever come up. I can see how some guest might like them, but I'm still not convinced.
Of course it needs to be on a case by case basis. But I don't think you can ignore the fact that most B&Bs offer them.
You say that you ask your guests about their level of service....I can't imagine that if I were a guest that I would ever tell an innkeeper I thought they should provide robes.
As far as trying to compare what B&Bs have offered in the last 30 years, this is a more recent trend. In the last 6 years you see more and more that robes are offered and frankly if any B&B is trying to create the special stay feel or pampering, then I think robes are part of that. We all keep saying we want to be different from hotels...this is one way to get our guests feeling that their stay was not like a hotel. It's the extra touches.
As far as adding to the laundry loads, you can get robes that are appropriate for you area. We use waffle weave spa robes with our logo embroidered on the breast. They wash and dry quickly and are extremely comfortable. We also sell quite a few of them at a 100% markup which helps reduce the price of each robe. We don't push the sale of them, we just have them on a shelf in our gift area. I sold 2 of them last week because our guests loved them and they wanted to be able to have their coffee at home in our robes to remember their stay with us. They become a momento.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
we had very plush robes for our guest. So what if it meant more laundry or extra drying time. Our guests used them and liked them..that is what counted. Many showed up for breakfast in them..so I was glad they liked them well enough to do that.:)

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Of course it needs to be on a case by case basis. But I don't think you can ignore the fact that most B&Bs offer them.
You say that you ask your guests about their level of service....I can't imagine that if I were a guest that I would ever tell an innkeeper I thought they should provide robes.
As far as trying to compare what B&Bs have offered in the last 30 years, this is a more recent trend. In the last 6 years you see more and more that robes are offered and frankly if any B&B is trying to create the special stay feel or pampering, then I think robes are part of that. We all keep saying we want to be different from hotels...this is one way to get our guests feeling that their stay was not like a hotel. It's the extra touches.
As far as adding to the laundry loads, you can get robes that are appropriate for you area. We use waffle weave spa robes with our logo embroidered on the breast. They wash and dry quickly and are extremely comfortable. We also sell quite a few of them at a 100% markup which helps reduce the price of each robe. We don't push the sale of them, we just have them on a shelf in our gift area. I sold 2 of them last week because our guests loved them and they wanted to be able to have their coffee at home in our robes to remember their stay with us. They become a momento.
Breakfast Diva said:
Where do you buy them? What sizes do YOU have?

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
Mentioned numerous times in other threads: Cypress Bathrobes
http://www.dnjspecialties.com/
http://www.suiterepose.com/

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
catlady said:
FYI I received a notification from my NORTON UTILITIES that http://www.suiterepose.com/ site contains malware that could harm your computer.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
I use SuiteRepose - 1 robe is an order and you can choose your colors. s stated already, I have XL and XXL - they are sized generously. Dry quickly too. The robes were $65 each + shipping. They sent the first one for a 30 day approval - use it, wash it then either buy it or send it back.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
catlady said:
FYI I received a notification from my NORTON UTILITIES that http://www.suiterepose.com/ site contains malware that could harm your computer.
Suite Repose
5872 East Rogene Street
Mail: PO Box 15061
Long Beach, CA 90815
(562) 425-9727 phone
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]

PT, thanks for that. I sent Lillian an e-mail with your message so she can get it checked out and fixed.

seashanty said:
My guests really do use the bathrobes (in all rooms), even during the summer months.
Little Blue said:
My guests really do use the bathrobes (in all rooms), even during the summer months.
ours too

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
I use the waffle weave spa robe from cypress robes. Unfortunately, they do have a minimum order of 24 which is probably wayyyyy to many for you. Sweet Repose may have a smaller minimum. You may even find this type in a bed and bath store in your extended area. I do suggest that you have your logo monogramed on them. It's a minimal expense and it really adds a classy feel to the robe.
I've also seen the robes from Turkish Towels and they are nice. They may not have a minimum. Give them a call, they work closely with B&Bs and sell wholesale.

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
catlady said:
i got that too when i clicked on it

seashanty said:
seashanty said:
gillumhouse said:
Proud Texan said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
muirford said:
Proud Texan said:
Yes, yes, yes for robes!
Breakfast Diva said:
catlady said:
Proud Texan said:
catlady said:
i got that too when i clicked on it

Back