Inn Room Amenties

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. i appreciate extra pillows ~ i like at least 3, preferably 4 (and yes it's just me)
2. i require free wifi and a window that looks out to the yard, to the garden, to somewhere, even the building next door ... i stayed in a place that had a curtain but no window. it never occurred to me there was no window ~ i kept thinking, what if there is a fire?
3. optional items that are nice are a bathrobe and a desk with chair
4. nice surprise was chocolate and flowers.
seashanty said:
Hmm. Do you think guests like/need a bathrobe even with an en suite bathroom? You're in the cold North so I can see how that might be nice on a cold winter day, but in the South...not so much.
it's a 'like' .... in any weather.
visiting florida, very hot (to me 97 degrees is HOT) ...... i got out of the shower, into the robe, stayed in my robe a while, doing my hair, before getting dressed. yes! a definite like. they had thin robes.
in maine, i had terry 'spa' robes. but if i was buying them today i'd get thinner robes because of the drying time. it took ages for two of the heavy robes to dry.
seashanty said:
visiting florida, very hot (to me 97 degrees is HOT) ...... i got out of the shower, into the robe, stayed in my robe a while, doing my hair, before getting dressed. yes! a definite like. they had thin robes.
in maine, i had terry 'spa' robes. but if i was buying them today i'd get thinner robes because of the drying time. it took ages for two of the heavy robes to dry.
How do you size them? I'm a relatively big guy and my wife is diminutive. However, I've seen big gals with their little husbands or both of them big. You get my drift?
Because we started with 3/w shared I have always had robes. Started with 2 one-size fits all and my first "shake-down cruise" guest informed me - they DON'T! So I bought 2 3X for each room. All were terry. All were used a lot. EVEn after the private ensuite went in - the robes were used. Some even came down to breakfast in the robes.
Last year I up-graded to a nicer robe (a recent guest remarked how nice they are) and I have 2 XL and 1 xxl in each closet. I found even the small-size guests would bypass the smaller sized robes and opt for the 3X (and I am referring to people who would have been "swimming" in the one-size robes).
gillumhouse said:
Because we started with 3/w shared I have always had robes. Started with 2 one-size fits all and my first "shake-down cruise" guest informed me - they DON'T! So I bought 2 3X for each room. All were terry. All were used a lot. EVEn after the private ensuite went in - the robes were used. Some even came down to breakfast in the robes.
Last year I up-graded to a nicer robe (a recent guest remarked how nice they are) and I have 2 XL and 1 xxl in each closet. I found even the small-size guests would bypass the smaller sized robes and opt for the 3X (and I am referring to people who would have been "swimming" in the one-size robes).
I mentioned all of this to DW and she made a face. MORE LAUNDRY? I don't think she likes the idea.
Assure your DW that the robes are not used all the time :) But they are appreciated all the time, even if not used!
Samster said:
Assure your DW that the robes are not used all the time :) But they are appreciated all the time, even if not used!
Short of sniffing them, how would you know? Anyway, we wash ALL the linens in a room even if they appear that they haven't been used. Unless you fold and wrap them each time, I think this would be the same.

1. i appreciate extra pillows ~ i like at least 3, preferably 4 (and yes it's just me)
2. i require free wifi and a window that looks out to the yard, to the garden, to somewhere, even the building next door ... i stayed in a place that had a curtain but no window. it never occurred to me there was no window ~ i kept thinking, what if there is a fire?
seashanty said:
Hmm. Do you think guests like/need a bathrobe even with an en suite bathroom? You're in the cold North so I can see how that might be nice on a cold winter day, but in the South...not so much.
seashanty said:
How do you size them? I'm a relatively big guy and my wife is diminutive. However, I've seen big gals with their little husbands or both of them big. You get my drift?
gillumhouse said:
I mentioned all of this to DW and she made a face. MORE LAUNDRY? I don't think she likes the idea.
Samster said:
Short of sniffing them, how would you know? Anyway, we wash ALL the linens in a room even if they appear that they haven't been used. Unless you fold and wrap them each time, I think this would be the same.

Those of you with robes in each room: How often do you launder them?.
The Farmers Daughter said:
Those of you with robes in each room: How often do you launder them?
After a few days worth of guests wear them.
JUST KIDDING!
If you can hang them on the wall and there's no hook, then it's time to wash them.

Wir bieten schöne blumenmädchenkleid, Mode für Kinder zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Blumenmädchenkleid.Sind Sie derzeit das Mädchen der Ehre mit der Braut zu sein? Wenn ja brautkleider online shop brautkleider online shop, dann halten sich bewusst der Verantwortung sollten Sie auf als eine Magd der Ehre zu betrachten und eine von ihnen ist Hochzeit Dusche. Sie müssen diese Feier als produzieren atemberaubend und unvergesslich wie nur irgend möglich auf Ihrem Kumpel und Braut, um sicherzustellen brautkleider 2012 katalog brautkleider 2012 katalog, abendkleider cocktailkleid abendkleider cocktailkleid dass sie Freude an ihrem endgültigen Anzahl der Momente mit ihrer weiblichen engen Freunden und innerhalb der Atmosphäre von derzeit un-verheirateten nehmen. Einer von den wichtigen Bereichen der Bridal Shower ist Brautduscheeinladungen. Sie müssen sich bereit diese Einladungen, um sicherzustellen, dass Sie sie erretten aus abendkleider lang günstig abendkleider lang günstig, um die Freunde einladen. Für den Fall, abend und cocktailkleider Sie glauben knielange brautkleider brautkleider große größen , mode für brautjungfern dass Sie kreativ sind ausreichend gleich zusammen mit der Sammlung von Themen oder Farbe und Wortlaut dann Design der Einladungen Sie sich selbst und sie werden viel mehr elegant und exklusiv. Wohingegen, kinder hochzeitskleider wenn Sie in der Regel keine Zeit haben für Sie kreativ zu sein und sind mit Ihrem individuellen Thema und finden Hilfe aus dem Netz. Es gibt eine Vielzahl von Brautdusche Websites online, wo Sie verschiedene Empfehlungen innerhalb der Art Themen, brautmode kurze kleider Stile und Formulierungen finden konnte. Sie können auch Auswahl aus ihnen heraus und produzieren Ihre Einladungen in kürzester Zeit. Vergessen Sie nicht, Zeit und Position innerhalb der Einladung enthalten.
brautkleider brautmode

seashanty said:
My guests really do use the bathrobes (in all rooms), even during the summer months.
Rattan Chair is made from the
woven strips of stems of a plant which grows in South East Asia. Any
of various climbing palms of the genera Calamus, Daemonorops, or
Plectomia of tropical Asia, having long, tough, slender stems.. Lately,
some of the countries where rattan is harvested have implemented export
tariffs or bans, instead encouraging the producing countries to do the
actual manufacturing of rattan products and therefore helping their
economy.

1. comfortable bed, clean...
2. shampoo and soap, towels...
3. Extra pillows on the bed (more than the standard two), coffee pot, flowers, bathrobes, slippers, a 'comfy' chair...
4. complimentary chocolates or candy, a personalized note....
oldcharm said:
3. Extra pillows on the bed (more than the standard two), coffee pot, flowers, bathrobes, slippers, a 'comfy' chair...
4. complimentary chocolates or candy, a personalized note...
All the above plus extra TP and Tissue Boxes, decent hangers, more than 1 trash can and a reading lamp.
oldcharm said:
4. complimentary chocolates or candy, a personalized note...
All the above plus extra TP and Tissue Boxes, decent hangers, more than 1 trash can and a reading lamp.
Not only a reading lamp, but good lighting!
My pet peeve about trash cans...you all know this already - when you stay in a hotel they are NEVER where they need to be, never one near a toilet. Always one near the desk.
They also are like trash cans lined with lids as the flippin' liner is never pushed in so you toss a tissue and it bounces right out onto the floor! This is every hotel, ne'r any different, why can't the housekeepers push the thing into the waste basket?
AND teensy waste baskets that won't even hold a newspaper or big to-go cup.
GOOD POINT!!!
Joe Bloggs said:
My pet peeve about trash cans...you all know this already - when you stay in a hotel they are NEVER where they need to be, never one near a toilet. Always one near the desk.
They also are like trash cans lined with lids as the flippin' liner is never pushed in so you toss a tissue and it bounces right out onto the floor! This is every hotel, ne'r any different, why can't the housekeepers push the thing into the waste basket?
GOOD POINT!!!
I agree with you...to a point. Short of placing a large metal trash can in the room, what would you suggest? We have large trash receptacles setting outside of our cottages for larger trash items and also provide a bin for recycling. There is a trash basket by the toilet, by the mini-fridge and by the desk. Here, the housekeeper (a.k.a. me) does push the liners in.
regular_smile.gif

Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
GOOD POINT!!!
I agree with you...to a point. Short of placing a large metal trash can in the room, what would you suggest? We have large trash receptacles setting outside of our cottages for larger trash items and also provide a bin for recycling. There is a trash basket by the toilet, by the mini-fridge and by the desk. Here, the housekeeper (a.k.a. me) does push the liners in.
regular_smile.gif
Yes that is what I mean, why should the guest have to put their hand into the wastebasket to push the blasted thing down, when the housekeeper is not willing to do it. This is why daily maid service is important, people bring back their meal or leftover and stuff them into or beside a trash can. It is only fair to them as well, to get rid of that stinky stuff daily. I would not like a big ol' trash can anywhere. In fact my own kitchen trash is not big, medium sized so it goes out twice a day if needed, not overflowing and stinky.
Joe Bloggs said:
Proud Texan said:
Joe Bloggs said:
GOOD POINT!!!
regular_smile.gif
Yes that is what I mean, why should the guest have to put their hand into the wastebasket to push the blasted thing down, when the housekeeper is not willing to do it. This is why daily maid service is important, people bring back their meal or leftover and stuff them into or beside a trash can. It is only fair to them as well, to get rid of that stinky stuff daily. I would not like a big ol' trash can anywhere. In fact my own kitchen trash is not big, medium sized so it goes out twice a day if needed, not overflowing and stinky.
To avoid kitchen odors, DW purchased a Compost Bucket that fits nicely under the sink. It works flawlessly to eliminate odors that emanate from organic matter in the trash. So, all food scraps go into it and everything else goes into the trash. We only need to empty it about twice a week into our compost pile. I would highly recommend this product.
thumbs_up.gif

We have a small trashcan with a lid in the bathroom and one by the tea tray in the bedroom ie take the tea bag out of the cup drop straight in the bin and hope they don't drip on the carpet! Mind you my friend Gavin who has a united carpet franchise is now doing a range of bleach cleanable carpet in a good range of colours which sounds like a good idea!

Those of you with robes in each room: How often do you launder them?.
We also tie the sash so we know if they have been used. We wash them if the guest uses them. Otherwise they hang in the closet
E
Ditto, tie the sash a special way on a special hanger, and launder when used.

Back