Inn sitting service

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marianne

Reaction score
We have had our business for 14 years and I think I need a change of pace and my
husband can run our place, we are thinking of selling, and I want to open a innsitting business.
Has anyone ever used a innsitting service,
Any info would be helpful-I need a change

We have several innsitters here on the forum. Lots of folks use them. We never did. We only had 3 rooms so we just closed when we traveled. There is an association of inn sitters ...can't remember the web site now... lots of them out there...visit their web sites to review what they offer then come up with your plan.
You may be "thinking" of selling...but it isn't going to happen quickly. Have you checked the number of listings for sale? Been up for sale for years. This is a bad time for selling unfortunately.

As a matter of fact, we are on our first Innsitting assignment-long term. We owned and operated an Inn for four years and decided that we would like to try Innsitting as a career, so far its been quite interesting. Although its different because you don't make the decisions about certain things and when you have made certain decisions because you where your own boss its a transition. On the other hand, you do the same things you did at your Inn with the knowledge that you can leave it anytime you choose to (with notice of course) and in time we think we would be able to choose where to go and when to take time off.
Consider also that if you innsit, you go from place to place and it would makes a difference if you go for short term assignments or long term assignments-we choose a long term assignment this time. The transition of not knowing anyone, no family close by and only yourselves to rely on for everything is hard sometimes. I am homesick sometimes for family and friends but hopefully in time we will make friends here.
But, we've only been at it for aout a month.

We have wonderful innsitters that we use on a regular basis. Since there is only my husband and I running our two room B&B and wine tour business, there is often a time when I want to book us on wine tours but the rooms need to be turned, or we are both going to be out touring when guests are due to check in.
This is giving our innistters short spurts of getting used to the inn so when we do take off on holiday they will be comfortable running the inn while we are gone. We'll just list the tours as booked but have them run the inn.
Riki

Back