Inn sitting - we're looking for someone to take over (gulp) are you ready for this? August 1st-October 10.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basil Fawlty

Reaction score
Green Cat Guest House is looking for an innsitter from July 31st-October 10th. What, are we NUTS? Well, yes, 'cause we're also professional actors and somebody made us a joint offer we can't refuse. We've been in business since 2004, and this is the first time both of us will be away from the Green Cat. One or the other of us have gone away on theatre jobs, but this offer is for us both. We'd appreciate any feedback on experience with innsitters, and any happy referrals you could give us . Many thanks.
Green Cat Guest House, Poulsbo WA, West Puget Sound (1hr. west of Seattle by the Bainbridge Ferry)

Hey there is a newbie here...looking for an innkeeper gig..maybe she'll contact you :)
And since you are looking..I will be so bold as to ask the question...if someone was a caterer in the past but has no B & B experience whatsoever, would you hire that person? Just curious here :)

Are ya kidding, the primo time of the year in the Puget Sound and ON THE WATER! (All of Poulsbo is near water, fyi) I sure hope someone worthy snatches this up!!
I hope someone we know here on the forum can get this gig. I have good friends who live in Poulsbo and it is my old stomping ground, so from ME - if any forum members are interested, GO FOR IT! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
If not anyone here, there is a former innkeeper in Vancouver BC, not sure if she is innsitting. Ginocat.

I sent you an e-mail let me know if you got it. Check out my website and feel free to call if you have any questions. I know a few good people including the "newbie" previously mentioned.

Hey there is a newbie here...looking for an innkeeper gig..maybe she'll contact you :)
And since you are looking..I will be so bold as to ask the question...if someone was a caterer in the past but has no B & B experience whatsoever, would you hire that person? Just curious here :).
That is a very good question. We are interviewing quite a number of experienced innsitters. To me, competence, intelligence, diligence and integrity count for a lot. We're having folks stay with us and see first hand what our operation demands. Finally, we're going to have to decide if we want to leave our baby in the high season!!

Are ya kidding, the primo time of the year in the Puget Sound and ON THE WATER! (All of Poulsbo is near water, fyi) I sure hope someone worthy snatches this up!!
I hope someone we know here on the forum can get this gig. I have good friends who live in Poulsbo and it is my old stomping ground, so from ME - if any forum members are interested, GO FOR IT! YOU WILL LOVE IT!
If not anyone here, there is a former innkeeper in Vancouver BC, not sure if she is innsitting. Ginocat..
I'm just thrilled somebody knows where Poulsbo is!!
It's great for us because it has become quite the restaurant/shopping/marina mecca. Poulsbo is about 4 miles south of us and the combination of Poulsbo & The Green Cat make for a nice weekend getaway. The innkeepers quarters comprise the bottom two floors of the four-story house, (doors off the foyer to our part of the house are locked) so the innkeepers and the guests each have maximum privacy, yet we're there for them when they need us.
Many thanks for the enthusiasm and kind words about Poulsbo & the Northwest!

kimberlygreencat said:
Green Cat Guest House, Poulsbo WA, West Puget Sound (1hr. west of Seattle by the Bainbridge Ferry)
Hello from the Midwest, but I have to tell you that you've brought back WONDERFUL memories for me with your post. I lived on Kitsap Peninsula from 80-83, and have only the best memories from there. I'll have to look up where you are exactly, but there used to be a B&B in Poulsbo that I credit with planting the seed in me to become an innkeeper....I wonder if you're the same place with a different name? If I didn't have my own inn, I'd be there for you August/September in a FLASH! I agree with JB---anyone looking for a good gig should definitely talk with you.
Best of luck! Tell more about your acting offer---where will you be?

kimberlygreencat said:
Hello from the Midwest, but I have to tell you that you've brought back WONDERFUL memories for me with your post. I lived on Kitsap Peninsula from 80-83, and have only the best memories from there. I'll have to look up where you are exactly, but there used to be a B&B in Poulsbo that I credit with planting the seed in me to become an innkeeper....I wonder if you're the same place with a different name? If I didn't have my own inn, I'd be there for you August/September in a FLASH! I agree with JB---anyone looking for a good gig should definitely talk with you.
Best of luck! Tell more about your acting offer---where will you be?.
InnBloom said:
kimberlygreencat said:
Best of luck! Tell more about your acting offer---where will you be?
Innbloom tell me more about where you lived...email me off forum if you want. I lived in Port Orchard and Gig Harbor for 11 years. We have MANY dear friends there. AND there is an innkeeper on this forum who now lives midwest who is from Bremerton, I mean lived there until a couple years ago. I know it's not you, as I think she lived there most of her life.
wink_smile.gif

I said that was a good gig as it is THE ONLY time of the year to be here...and THE BEST TIME BY FAR...and if you are not there when it is stunningly beautiful, you miss the whole PacNorthwet experience, the glistening water, the orcas, the mountain. Otherwise you just find that mold grows on all sides of a tree. LOL
Our close friends live in Poulsbo he is Batallian Chief (I have mentioned before to Green Cat), also have friends who live at Suquamish.

I don't care if it was high season or not, if I got a great offer to do something different for a few months with $$ that paid for the Innkeeper + making some money, and I found a good Innsitter (well I have a great one that I sent your post to!) I would be gone in a minute for a change of scenery .. my Inn would be there when I got back!!

I don't care if it was high season or not, if I got a great offer to do something different for a few months with $$ that paid for the Innkeeper + making some money, and I found a good Innsitter (well I have a great one that I sent your post to!) I would be gone in a minute for a change of scenery .. my Inn would be there when I got back!!.
Agoodman, you should have retained your Inn-sitter and signed up for the job yourself! Now can you all understand why I love what I do? But it does bring up an interesting question - ever consider swapping Inns with another owner just for a change of scenery?

I don't care if it was high season or not, if I got a great offer to do something different for a few months with $$ that paid for the Innkeeper + making some money, and I found a good Innsitter (well I have a great one that I sent your post to!) I would be gone in a minute for a change of scenery .. my Inn would be there when I got back!!.
Agoodman, you should have retained your Inn-sitter and signed up for the job yourself! Now can you all understand why I love what I do? But it does bring up an interesting question - ever consider swapping Inns with another owner just for a change of scenery?
Nope! I love my scenery.

LOL good suggestion but I am referring to "doing something different" for a few months OTHER than Innkeeping. Not that I don't love what I do but just for a change of pace.

LOL good suggestion but I am referring to "doing something different" for a few months OTHER than Innkeeping. Not that I don't love what I do but just for a change of pace..
Sorry - my mistake - you were trying to tell the Inn Owners to jump on the chance to get away and do something different! Agreed!

LOL good suggestion but I am referring to "doing something different" for a few months OTHER than Innkeeping. Not that I don't love what I do but just for a change of pace..
Sorry - my mistake - you were trying to tell the Inn Owners to jump on the chance to get away and do something different! Agreed!
suellen222 said:
xyxthumbs.gif

I've contacted friends in OR who may be interested. If so, I'll give them your info. Good luck!

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.azer Panjang. "> Für Mode arbeiten brautkleid online shop , entschied sich die
Prinzessin zu einem langen Blazer Hosen Design. Er Schleier zwischen der Haube
Änderungen sind wie ein wrap mit ihrem Haar geformt und hing nach vorne.
Petunia Wahl dominiert
alle Sammlungen brautmoden in großen größen brautjungfernkleider online shop brautkleider kaufen brautkleider kaufen blumenkinder hochzeit , cocktailkleider braun cocktailkleider braun abendmode brautmode abendmode brautmode lange abendkleider elegant lange abendkleider elegant bardress unter anderem für Farbe Schleier.
kurzes brautkleid

brautmoden brautkleider

Back