Inn-teresting I love Inns

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agoodman

Reaction score
I really would like to stay with them however not only are $$ short but a lot has changed .. not one item in theie "sampling" program in more than 2 years, needing to pay for personalized books so far in advance (months before what it used to be) that I still have half of my current supply, and very very few click throughs and reservations almost zero
Today I look for Inns in Franklin NC and then click the option for "see more inns" and get http://www.iloveinns.com/innsearch.php?city=Franklin&state=NC&bt=1
Included in the list is Country Inns and Suites linking back to Cheapostay.com - did I miss something?????
I have to wonder what else pops up that I am SURE Inns and hotels (??) are NOT paying for
I pull u Sylva NC and get Courtyard and Townplace on the Marriott website these all while still on iloveinns.com ......

Looks like they are using Google ads to gain more revenue while providing more info. I believe B&B did something like this several years ago and received lots of flack.
Haven't been with this site for a couple of years as I could not attribute any business from them, this would only keep me away.

If you search and there are no inns listed for that search in iloveinns then only ads come up.

We got very few guests from this directory, the ones we did get we really liked but we dropped them last year.

I usually have ABP running, so I don't see the ads, but I turned it off to see. They don't run on ads on the B&B's specific page. But I have to admit that I have a problem with them running ads to send people to hotels. But it is hard to find.
But I have a problem with their whole business model. You see, in Montreal they have two "inns" listed. Both are, by our standards, hotels. 11 rooms and 25 rooms are hotels, not B&Bs. And frankly, you would think that in a city with about 100 legal B&Bs having two hotels listed would be an indication that your price is wrong. And the two that are listed are number 18 and 74 on TA... should be an indication of a real problem.
No, I think that I Love Inns is a run-alike that hasn't found it's niche nor it's pricing.

Back