Inn the news April 27, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool! I guess it is a good thing. I barely use my cell phone..only for LD calls to my family and friends and emergencies.

Thats cool! I guess it is a good thing. I barely use my cell phone..only for LD calls to my family and friends and emergencies..
catlady said:
Thats cool! I guess it is a good thing. I barely use my cell phone..only for LD calls to my family and friends and emergencies.
But you are not the norm. Many people do not have landlines anymore, they use their cell phones for everything! (I am not the norm either)
tounge_smile.gif

It took me a minute to realize that they had not created an app, and I needed to visit their site. It is fast, once I was there. I presume they only list the places that have signed-on with them.
The first place that came up in "my" list has been recently discussed on this forum because it was "Inn the News" because of a certain creepy middle-of-the-night visitor who was luckily turned away by the innkeeper. That might not be the closest B&B to me. ;)

Thats cool! I guess it is a good thing. I barely use my cell phone..only for LD calls to my family and friends and emergencies..
We had guests the other day who sat in front of each B&B reading the reviews online before knocking on doors. Almost all of our guests come to breakfast with a smartphone. Almost all of the phone numbers I get now are cell numbers.
So, yes, it's a good thing!
(We have one cellphone between us and it's not 'mine'. I 'borrow' it when I travel, but that's it. We use it so little we have prepaid minutes and refill it once/year for $100.)
When we're done here, tho, no landline for me. (Which does not, however, mean the phone will go with me wherever I go.)

It took me a minute to realize that they had not created an app, and I needed to visit their site. It is fast, once I was there. I presume they only list the places that have signed-on with them.
The first place that came up in "my" list has been recently discussed on this forum because it was "Inn the News" because of a certain creepy middle-of-the-night visitor who was luckily turned away by the innkeeper. That might not be the closest B&B to me. ;).
Ah, so you have to be looking from a phone to see the new feature?

The first place that came up in "my" list has been recently discussed on this forum because it was "Inn the News" because of a certain creepy middle-of-the-night visitor who was luckily turned away by the innkeeper. That might not be the closest B&B to me. ;).
IronGate said:
The first place that came up in "my" list has been recently discussed on this forum because it was "Inn the News" because of a certain creepy middle-of-the-night visitor who was luckily turned away by the innkeeper. That might not be the closest B&B to me. ;)
Just remember EVERYONE that not all inns are listed on BnBFinder! Not all are on Iloveinns or BBONLINE etc. So the inns that show up are the ones listed, and some of those as FEATURED INNS who get higher visibility than the rest that may be CLOSER to you!

We had guests the other day who sat in front of each B&B reading the reviews online before knocking on doors. Almost all of our guests come to breakfast with a smartphone. Almost all of the phone numbers I get now are cell numbers.
(We have one cellphone between us and it's not 'mine'. I 'borrow' it when I travel, but that's it. We use it so little we have prepaid minutes and refill it once/year for $100.)
When we're done here, tho, no landline for me. (Which does not, however, mean the phone will go with me wherever I go.)
Yes for those who are into them..and millions are...it is a good thing. Me personally I regret the day they were invented for all the grief they cause on the road. If people had manners and used them wisely it is ok..but why must one be on the cell phone 24/7 as most kids are today...and who is paying their bill...not them for sure.
JB...do your girls have their own cell phones? If so, you lay down the rules..right?? :)

Yes for those who are into them..and millions are...it is a good thing. Me personally I regret the day they were invented for all the grief they cause on the road. If people had manners and used them wisely it is ok..but why must one be on the cell phone 24/7 as most kids are today...and who is paying their bill...not them for sure.
JB...do your girls have their own cell phones? If so, you lay down the rules..right?? :)
catlady said:
You know me by now.
shades_smile.gif

No they do not have cell phones.
Where are they right now? With their youth group doing community service projects (building ramps for old people to their front doors), spending the night in sleeping bags on the floor, eating pizza at midnight and going bowling. As one innmate says "Your kids are throw backs to the 1950's" and yes, that is the way we want them! Monday was our Family Anniversary, 11 years.
No one will die without a cell phone in their hand or pocket, just like they won't die if they don't carry a water bottle when they go for a brief walk.
poke.gif

catlady said:
You know me by now.
shades_smile.gif

Where are they right now? With their youth group doing community service projects (building ramps for old people to their front doors), spending the night in sleeping bags on the floor, eating pizza at midnight and going bowling. As one innmate says "Your kids are throw backs to the 1950's" and yes, that is the way we want them! Monday was our Family Anniversary, 11 years.
No one will die without a cell phone in their hand or pocket, just like they won't die if they don't carry a water bottle when they go for a brief walk.
poke.gif

Joey Bloggs Monday was [I said:
our Family Anniversary[/I], 11 years.
SO COOL! Congrats, glad you had that nice picnic to celebrate. You guys rock.

catlady said:
You know me by now.
shades_smile.gif

poke.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
We just got back from a two-hour hike in the woods. The main idea was to hunt for mushrooms, but we jumped creeks, climbed trees, picked wildflowers, and laughed, held hands, and made memories. No cell phones. It was raining. No water bottles. Just the four of us.

catlady said:
You know me by now.
shades_smile.gif

poke.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
As one innmate says "Your kids are throw backs to the 1950's" and yes, that is the way we want them! Monday was our Family Anniversary, 11 years.
I did not realize we shared an anniversary. Our family has been a family for 36 years now. Ashamed to say I do not remember the date we adopted all the kids though. We both adopted the oldest (late wife's) - he was our Best Man - I adopted the next 4 (his) and DH adopted the last one (mine). The troubles we had with her family probably stemmed from me considering them MY kids from the day we got engaged.
I am late with this, but Happy Family Anniversary!!! You have a lovely family that is a joy to be around.

Love the picture its class

I mainly use mine for text messaging because of the nature of the B&B business the other B&B people I am friends with keep in touch that way because then we are not clogging up the "business line (money)" and we can get to each others message when it suits us. Like an email in that way. Or I use it as an address book as I have a lot of info on it. Very rarely do I use it to phone anyone to be honest. For example tonight we have just heard one of our neighbouring B&B's will be on 3 in a bed (the royal oak in knaresborough) which is actually a pub with accommodation so we are spreading the word and all watching tonight to see if it promotes the local area. Plus we are super nosey!

Back