Inn the news Dec 16, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Looking for a home for smaller hotels[/FONT]
Charleston Post Courier
The intersection of Cannon Street and Ashley Avenue is in the heart of an area that is being considered for rezoning for small hotels and bed-and-breakfast ...

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']The Ivy Mount Guest House Introduces the 5 Top Tips to Beat the Hotel and Bed ...[/FONT]
PR Web (press release)
Expert Paul Carroll of the Ivy Mount Guest House (http://ivymountguesthouse.com/) offers tips to improve your bed and breakfast in the New Year. Read on… ...
Some sound advice found here:
excerpt:
"Step 1 is the most important step of all: your website is like your shop window- you are displaying what you have to sell. You should spend the most time on this step and make your website as personal as possible. Don’t just let some web designer who has not even been to your business or does not know the area you are based in do all the work.
Put some personal touches in, be proud of your website."
JB - a UK B&B owner saying the same thing we have here for YEARS.

oops had an error come up and this was a dupe post, ignore this.

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Final Word: The best guests know when to disappear[/FONT]
USA Today
I have never liked bed-and-breakfast establishments for this very reason. First, you're a guest in someone else's house, a stranger's house at that. ....
ACK!! Another "author" who describes B&Bs with detached, shared baths and Teddy Bears. Shoot me now....
Samster said:
ACK!! Another "author" who describes B&Bs with detached, shared baths and Teddy Bears. Shoot me now....
I hear ya...
and honestly grumps, scrooges and sourpusses we don't want you to stay and be around other people, stay home, alone with your coffee and newspaper.
confused_smile.gif
No body is forcing you to stay at a B&B, please don't! Do EVERYONE ELSE a favor.

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Final Word: The best guests know when to disappear[/FONT]
USA Today
I have never liked bed-and-breakfast establishments for this very reason. First, you're a guest in someone else's house, a stranger's house at that. ....
Samster said:
I hear ya...
and honestly grumps, scrooges and sourpusses we don't want you to stay and be around other people, stay home, alone with your coffee and newspaper.
confused_smile.gif
No body is forcing you to stay at a B&B, please don't! Do EVERYONE ELSE a favor.
Most innkeepers don't force anyone to have breakfast either. Good grief.... Every place I've stayed had early coffee out with a newspaper for asocial people or non-morning people. Another usually false misconception about B&Bs.

Back