Inn the news Dec 2, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Tori Spelling to write 2 new books, publisher says
article here
JB - oops, did I snort when I laughed outloud a moment ago? Maybe she will detail her life as an innkeeper in her books. We can only hope, can't we...
confused_smile.gif

blog
Michigan Bed and Breakfast Goes Above and Beyond with new Web Site ...
By Acorn Internet Services, Inc
Scott Erich of the Delano Mansion Inn, a Michigan bed and Breakfast, has launched a new web site with the help of Acorn Internet Services. Scott has a lot of ideas for his new web site, and in particular marketing efforts he can pursue ....
Okay so in response to the blog news item, I clicked over to the blog and the blog looks like a website (as it is part of the website/same header and footer etc). It really made me feel like it was only a sell, not informational or fun. I was not sure where the blog left off and the website began...
Is there a point that a blog is not an extension of the innkeeper and his/her personality, but a professional selling tool? Is this what a B&B blog should encompass?
Blogs are now being set up by webmasters and innkeepers told to "fill in the blanks."
Just my 2 cents. I want heart and soul...I want you to fix me dinner not just order a pizza.

blog
Scott Erich of the Delano Mansion Inn, a Michigan bed and Breakfast, has launched a new web site with the help of Acorn Internet Services. Scott has a lot of ideas for his new web site, and in particular marketing efforts he can pursue ....
Okay so in response to the blog news item, I clicked over to the blog and the blog looks like a website (as it is part of the website/same header and footer etc). It really made me feel like it was only a sell, not informational or fun. I was not sure where the blog left off and the website began...
Is there a point that a blog is not an extension of the innkeeper and his/her personality, but a professional selling tool? Is this what a B&B blog should encompass?
Blogs are now being set up by webmasters and innkeepers told to "fill in the blanks."
Just my 2 cents. I want heart and soul...I want you to fix me dinner not just order a pizza.
Joey Bloggs said:

Because everyone is telling biz owners they have to have this and the biz owners are not being given anything other than 'you have to have this'. That's where you get 'fill in the blanks' blogs. Innkeepers putting in drivel as long as they get their name up there too. It's not that innkeepers are bad, they don't get it. So, yes, it is being sold to the innkeeper as a selling tool so that's how they use it.

blog
Yes, a lot of the Wordpress ones look like that and are integrated into the website. I guess maybe it's easier to update and maintain for the innkeeper & it's all in one spot?

Run A Bed And Breakfast Business Better Than Others
Travelers are attracted to small inns and if you plan to open one, you will have a ready market for it. Some travelers prefer small inns to large hotel ....
Travelers are attracted to small inns and if you plan to open one, you will have a ready market for it. Some travelers prefer small inns to large hotel ...
It's not even 10 o'clock and I took Samster's suggestion and had a couple of glasses of wine. This article and the links to it really got me going. It's almost as bad as the spam email asking for reservations for 9 Greek priests staying for a month. This person is claiming to be an expert on all things bed and breakfast success and making tons of money. For just $29.95 you can buy her ebook and make tons of money by using the internet to market your B&B, learn how to woo return customers, learn which corners you can cut, and although being available 24/7, you won't have to have expensive furnishings or amenities- - - just a smile to make those "customers" come back.
If anybody else wants to waste a few minutes and get bent out of shape, Here's the rest of her free droppings.
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Patti_Rob
I suspect that the only one who will make money isw the person selling the ebook!!! I have to go find another glass of wine.

Run A Bed And Breakfast Business Better Than Others
Travelers are attracted to small inns and if you plan to open one, you will have a ready market for it. Some travelers prefer small inns to large hotel ....
Travelers are attracted to small inns and if you plan to open one, you will have a ready market for it. Some travelers prefer small inns to large hotel ...
It's not even 10 o'clock and I took Samster's suggestion and had a couple of glasses of wine. This article and the links to it really got me going. It's almost as bad as the spam email asking for reservations for 9 Greek priests staying for a month. This person is claiming to be an expert on all things bed and breakfast success and making tons of money. For just $29.95 you can buy her ebook and make tons of money by using the internet to market your B&B, learn how to woo return customers, learn which corners you can cut, and although being available 24/7, you won't have to have expensive furnishings or amenities- - - just a smile to make those "customers" come back.
If anybody else wants to waste a few minutes and get bent out of shape, Here's the rest of her free droppings.
http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Patti_Rob
I suspect that the only one who will make money isw the person selling the ebook!!! I have to go find another glass of wine.
There actually isn't any 'info' in any of those articles is there? Is that so you think you have to buy the ebook in order to understand what you don't?

Back