Inn the news Dec 7, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[tr]

DeKalb bed and breakfast guests asking for recipes
Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
“We had stayed at a bed and breakfast in the past. Each was unique and delightful,” Rexroth says, adding that the couple enjoy entertaining and having people in their home. The couple, parents to eight children ages 13 to 27, have six rooms available ...
See all stories on this topic »
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively spend romantic weekend away
Zee News
London: Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds were spotted kissing at a romantic weekend away at a secluded bed and breakfast hotel in Utah. The couple headed to the Johnson Mill Bed and Breakfast and were seen sharing a series of lingering looks and ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Nevada City B&B owner investing elsewhere
The Union of Grass Valley
By Christopher Rosacker After Andrew Howard was unable to persuade leaders to ease a restrictive ordinance and allow him to open a second bed and breakfast in a residential area on the cusp of Nevada City's downtown business district, he decided to ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Round and about - Soak in its old-world charm
The Hindu
The consequence has been the mushrooming of hostels, paying guest accommodations with bed and breakfast arrangements and good rental returns for house owners. Manipal Hospital and BGS Health City are the two major hospitals in the vicinity. ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Onancock homes glitter and glisten for 12th tour
Delmarva Now
The 115-year-old home will mark its 20th year as a bed and breakfast this year. Linda and Tom welcome your visit where it is possible to catch a performance of Tom's Celtic group "Three Sheets" performing.
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

Former Londoner B&B becomes the German Inn
Bradenton Herald
By JENNIFER RICH - [email protected] It's all part of the transformation of the Londoner Bed and Breakfast into the German Inn Bed and Breakfast & Restaurant. Londoner owner Jennifer Taylor, who owns the home at 304 15th St. W., with her husband John ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Patrick's Kitchen & Drinks in Zionsville sent Facebook fans on a scavenger ...
Indianapolis Star
Patrick's Kitchen & Drinks opens Tuesday in the Brick Street Inn, a Zionsville bed and breakfast. Patrick's Kitchen & Drinks is relocating to the Brick Street Inn, a Zionsville bed and breakfast shown here in 2008. / Steve Healey / The Star 2008 file ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

DEFENSE: Wine Country Killing a 'Terrible Accident'
Patch.com
He is accused of first-degree murder and lying in wait for the May 2010 killing of the tenants renting his Temecula bed and breakfast. By David Leonard Louis DiBernardo sits at a bail hearing last week. A Menifee man accidently killed his tenant after ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Maryville water, sewer rates rising
Maryville Daily Times
In other action, City Council voted to allow bed and breakfast inns and digital billboards in certain zones in the city. Bed and breakfasts are permitted in zones in and immediately adjacent to the downtown area. Zones are Central Business, ...
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

My news today is:
a) yeah I have innkeepers staying with us! No, not from the forum, and not your average innkeeper (if there is such a definition) they have 60 acres near Riki and rent out a large self contained Yurt. They are low impact on the environment, etc etc.
b) oh no! he is a trained chef, and I get to cook breakfast for them tomorrow, what shall I do! what shall I make!
And it is pouring down rain, cats and dogs.
They are nice, so this is good. :)

My news today is:
a) yeah I have innkeepers staying with us! No, not from the forum, and not your average innkeeper (if there is such a definition) they have 60 acres near Riki and rent out a large self contained Yurt. They are low impact on the environment, etc etc.
b) oh no! he is a trained chef, and I get to cook breakfast for them tomorrow, what shall I do! what shall I make!
They are nice, so this is good. :).
Whatever you make will be wonderful because:
A) You are a great cook
B) He will not have made it

Hear Hear!!! Its chucking it down here today and I could do without it cos I have all crappy little jobs to do!

My news today is:
A) You are a great cook
gillumhouse said:
A) You are a great cook
Long story, but delightful guests courtesy of airBnB. They had renovated and opened an inn in this state (which they sold and is still open and being run to the ground - CL would know of it since it is a member inn) with a restaurant. They now have a YURT on 60 acres. Super delightful guests!! Had a blast with them this morning at an early breakfast. He loved the bacon (which is not hand reared like they do on the farm, but thick sliced store bought, but that foreman grill really makes it great!)
Here is their listing on airBnB
They have been sold out since they opened in January. They have been attracting Gen Y and X almost 100%. Really great people.

My news today is:
A) You are a great cook
gillumhouse said:
A) You are a great cook
Long story, but delightful guests courtesy of airBnB. They had renovated and opened an inn in this state (which they sold and is still open and being run to the ground - CL would know of it since it is a member inn) with a restaurant. They now have a YURT on 60 acres. Super delightful guests!! Had a blast with them this morning at an early breakfast. He loved the bacon (which is not hand reared like they do on the farm, but thick sliced store bought, but that foreman grill really makes it great!)
They have been sold out since they opened in January. They have been attracting Gen Y and X almost 100%. Really great people.
Told you they would be fine as they were super nice I have tweeted and facebooked them!

My news today is:
A) You are a great cook
gillumhouse said:
A) You are a great cook
Told you they would be fine as they were super nice I have tweeted and facebooked them!
cheers.gif

and they even stripped the bed. Now anyone else I would be leery (leary?) or eery, but they did it to be nice. haha

Also lets hope the Ryan Renolds article makes people realise B&B is a romantic place to stay! will do that particular one a world of good I am sure!

One of the shades in room 8 has finally had it just want the last ruddy one to come in and then I can zip down to B&Q and get a new pair. its a shame as they really went with the room.

Back