Inn the news Feb 22, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']How Bed and Breakfast Owners are Using Websites to Promote Their Business[/FONT]
San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
Orbs.com (http://orbs.com), a website builder, took a look at 100 Bed and Breakfast websites to find out what information innkeepers are posting on their websites. Some items posted on websites were not surprising such as room rates, ...
JB This was an interesting little unofficial study. This group says it offera free 100 page website, anyone have any knowledge of them they would like to share? I signed up to give it a test shot and see how it works...will report back. :)

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Village landowner asks to raise chickens[/FONT]
WatertownDailyTimes.com
By MARTHA ELLEN CANTON — The owner of a bed-and-breakfast has asked the village if she can raise backyard chickens for fresh eggs. "I use eggs every day in some fashion," said Margaret E. Nordberg, who operates Litengard, 44 E. Main St. with her ...

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']How Bed and Breakfast Owners are Using Websites to Promote Their Business[/FONT]
San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
Orbs.com (http://orbs.com), a website builder, took a look at 100 Bed and Breakfast websites to find out what information innkeepers are posting on their websites. Some items posted on websites were not surprising such as room rates, ...
JB This was an interesting little unofficial study. This group says it offera free 100 page website, anyone have any knowledge of them they would like to share? I signed up to give it a test shot and see how it works...will report back. :).
What is really interesting (if the list was truly random) is how many B&B's don't give basic info. Directions? Hello. How do I know where you're located unless you tell me. (That said, I should probably post a state map as well as a town map.)

I am signed up on Orbs and they said You can have as many sites as you want! There is no limit. I am on the basic and so far it is really easy and really cool! I am loving it. I am taking all the crap I have packed on my pages and making them look oh so clean. Really nice thus far...will give more details and my example when done.
Hint - you have set fonts/text "styles" so if you cut n paste from your website to notepad and then paste it you will have it in the preferred font and not bring over bad habits...
wink_smile.gif

I am signed up on Orbs and they said You can have as many sites as you want! There is no limit. I am on the basic and so far it is really easy and really cool! I am loving it. I am taking all the crap I have packed on my pages and making them look oh so clean. Really nice thus far...will give more details and my example when done.
Hint - you have set fonts/text "styles" so if you cut n paste from your website to notepad and then paste it you will have it in the preferred font and not bring over bad habits...
wink_smile.gif
Just curious......are you bothered at all by this part of their user agreement?
[h3]8. Proprietary Rights to Content[/h3]You agree that Content presented through our Site, including all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video files, audio files, software, data compilations and other intellectual property, is owned by Orbs.com and is protected by copyright, trade-mark, service mark, patent, or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the software, in whole or in part.
And also, I see it's been several days since you posted this. What's your experience with it since? Is it good?

wink_smile.gif
Just curious......are you bothered at all by this part of their user agreement?
[h3]8. Proprietary Rights to Content[/h3]You agree that Content presented through our Site, including all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video files, audio files, software, data compilations and other intellectual property, is owned by Orbs.com and is protected by copyright, trade-mark, service mark, patent, or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on the Service or the software, in whole or in part.
And also, I see it's been several days since you posted this. What's your experience with it since? Is it good?
I actually went in and created a website. I like the simplicity of it, but like all templates there are limitations. I asked for some advice from the web gurus we know and was told it would not be a good swap (if you have a current website) for many reasons.
I think if someone needs a website for an ORG I would recommend this! Anything you are involved with, you can get this website for free, or $5 per month if you want it to be your own domain. If you pay for the domain the info on the website recommending the viewer create one too is removed, they will also assist with SEO.
So for the price, it can't be beat.

Back