Inn the news Jan 3, 2010

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']City denies bed and breakfast from opening[/FONT]
Royse City Herald Banner
After discussion with the applicant, Councilmember Glen Farris spoke in favor of the bed and breakfast. “To be honest, I was leaning toward 'no,'” Farris ...
JB - this is in Texas. Interesting article. Bringing in all those evil people to pour money into their communities! and dang it she had already spent a whole $200 on this idea! Sorry, I just found this humorous.
cry_smile.gif

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Blighted house now Richmond's[/FONT]
Richmond Times Dispatch
The company wanted to use the home to train youths in home restoration and also considered converting it to a bed-and-breakfast, Ray said. ...

Yup, it's that whole 'strangers' thing again. But no strangers ever show up to watch soccer at those adjoining fields I would guess. No one who might take a moment to scout out the backyard or open windows or kids playing alone or anything like that.
They should just stop at 'no in-home businesses that allow customers on the premises' and be done with it.
And, it's hard to tell without a map if this is in the middle of a 'development' which it sounds like if there is an HOA. So there could be parking restrictions and all of that.

Pillow awakens opportunities for Carver inventor
Minneapolis Star Tribune
He's trying to develop similar arrangements with bed-and-breakfast associations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. MyPillow also is available from a number of ...
JB I am personally at my wits end to find the right pillow and waking up with neck pain and headaches. Has anyone used this pillow? The price tag is hefty. Wonder if he would consider any PAII conferences? The photo of him with the pile of pillows behind looks like the ones I have tried and piled up!
I emailed them to let them know, on short notice, and that innkeeper may be interested in wholesale, and selling to their guests if they want to use B&B's as a test market.
wink_smile.gif
I am going to buy one and test drive it.

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']5 Continents Bed and Breakfast | Louisiana Official Travel and ...[/FONT]
5 Continents Bed and Breakfast. Luxury 2 room suites and a cottage within walking distance of French Quarter. Off street parking, wireless Internet ...
JB - check in time is 2pm and check out is noon, how do they get the rooms cleaned and flipped in such short time?.
Joey Bloggs said:
[FONT= 'Times New Roman'][COLOR= rgb(17, 17, 204)]5 Continents Bed and Breakfast | Louisiana Official Travel and ...[/COLOR][/FONT]
5 Continents Bed and Breakfast. Luxury 2 room suites and a cottage within walking distance of French Quarter. Off street parking, wireless Internet ...
JB - check in time is 2pm and check out is noon, how do they get the rooms cleaned and flipped in such short time?
Minimum stay. Maybe they don't clean while you're there. Then alternate so they're not cleaning all 3 rooms the same day.

Restaurants uploading menus on iPads for diners
article here.
Joey Bloggs said:
article here
I'm picturing every greasy spoon I've ever been to. The plastic-coated menus are sticky! Can you imagine the iPad?
Do you think there is a price-point this won't work at? Very upscale? Very down market? I'd try it, but I think I'm a paper person. At least until all the paper is gone. Then I'll make do.

article here.
Joey Bloggs said:
article here
I'm picturing every greasy spoon I've ever been to. The plastic-coated menus are sticky! Can you imagine the iPad?
Do you think there is a price-point this won't work at? Very upscale? Very down market? I'd try it, but I think I'm a paper person. At least until all the paper is gone. Then I'll make do.
Alibi Ike said:
Joey Bloggs said:
article here
Yeah you me and Burgess Meredith..."No man is obsolete"

Back