Inn the News July 12, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sharing links is fine (as long as they're not spam). The problem arises when someone cuts and pastes the entire article without giving credit. You've done it the right way.

This is a guest who will be here Thursday night to do an article on our area and The Crooked Road: Virginia's Heritage Music Trail. I love our motorcycle guests, my only issue with them is they are eager to hit the road and almost always are one nighters. There are some crazy things to see and do in this area.
This article just came from her for Visit Roanoke VA. (also near us!)
From my email "Speaking of motorcyclists, the latest article is due to appear in the September/October 2011 issue of RoadBike Magazine. This magazine has a circulation of 55,445 and the article has an advertising equivalency of $12,092.00. Preliminary results from the first year of the public relations initiative indicate a total circulation of 16,645,294 and a total advertising equivalency of approximately $325,550.00. This initiative has leveraged our ability to be visible in multiple markets and become an increasingly viable visitor destination."
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Southern Hospitality: Rolling It Out Along The Blue Ridge Pamela Collins, Photos by Pamela Collins and Joe Knezevic, RoadBike Magazine (September/October Issue) more>
Here it is in a larger view in PDF
http://www.visitroanokeva.com/includes/content/docs/articles/Southern-Hospitality---Rolling-it-out-along-the-Blue-Ridge.pdf

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Stash Tea Offers Deal for a Free Night Stay at a Bed and Breakfast[/FONT]
DigitalJournal.com (press release).
Those always sound like the company who gets all the publicity is the one paying for your free night, don't they? It should be '500 B&B's have partnered with Stash Tea to give you a free night's stay when you buy Stash Tea.'
Anyone ever get any guests from that? Or use the GC themselves?
here here!
They do the BOGO and act as if they are giving the second night away, all of them do that.
ilovesinns is after me again and I kindly replied I would be happy to add them to my website and blog for a fee. This is my latest strategy...offer THEM to give ME money.

[h1]B&B dream turns into nightmare[/h1]
This is always worrisome when it is in your OWN PAPER! EEEK! CLICK HERE
JB - BY THE WAY, Those of you who have been a B&B for years, IT IS NO ACCIDENT. IT IS NOT COINCIDENTAL, YOU WORKED HARD TO KEEP HER RUNNING< WELL DONE!
cheers.gif

PS does this dude even know he is going to RUN A B&B with his mother? Is it approved? Or...?

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Stash Tea Offers Deal for a Free Night Stay at a Bed and Breakfast[/FONT]
DigitalJournal.com (press release).
Those always sound like the company who gets all the publicity is the one paying for your free night, don't they? It should be '500 B&B's have partnered with Stash Tea to give you a free night's stay when you buy Stash Tea.'
Anyone ever get any guests from that? Or use the GC themselves?
I have had them. One thing Stash Tea does that none of the others do is every other year (the program has a 2-year duration per directory printing) they send a $25 GC for Stash Tea. I have used it every time. I have also had guests who handed me the coupon blank - so I gave it to one of my kids and I have also used one to send one of my kids on 2-night get-aways when they came to visit us (we play Granny & Grandpa then).

Back