Inn the news June 28, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Oyster.com Adds Hotel Search By Image Feature
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Today, Oyster.com, a hotel review site and booking engine rolled out “Oyster Shots”, a new search by hotel photos feature, following a similar trend of expanded image search capabilities by Google. All images are editorially tagged and categorized, and include underlying geocoded data signals, such as GPS camera data.[/COLOR]

Manassas Junction Bed and Breakfast Offers Country Feel in Old Town
Patch.com
Manassas Junction Bed and Breakfast Offers Country Feel in Old Town Patch.com Crunching on some crisp, freshly picked sugar snap peas, Ann Hempen continued the tour of her garden located just yards from the railroad and on the grounds of the Manassas Junction Bed and Breakfast. Hempen owns the property along with husband, Mark. ...
JB Interesting as I know of a Manassas and had to search the site to find if it is in that state or not. No online rez only a form to request a room. If they find this posted here I hope they will notice these comments. :)

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Waynesboro City Council Approves Controversial Bed and Breakfast[/FONT]
WHSV
Waynesboro City Council Approves Controversial Bed and Breakfast
WHSV
Visitors to Waynesboro have a new option on where they can rest their heads, after the City Council approved a controversial bed and breakfast. The Council voted unanimously to approve the ordinance as part of the consent agenda. ...

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Harbor Knoll B&B Under Fire At Public Hearing[/FONT]
Patch.com
Harbor Knoll B&B Under Fire At Public Hearing
Patch.com
A proposed law will allow Greenport Village bed and breakfast operators to rent up to five rooms instead of the current three, but village residents say one bed and breakfast has already been doing that. By Sandy Martocchia | Email the author | 1:45pm ...

[COLOR= rgb(11, 60, 110)]
Roanoke, Virginia’s Star City[/h3]
click here and learn a little history too
from the Philly Sun newspaper
[/COLOR]

B&B to occupy historic Bedford building
WSLS
B&B to occupy historic Bedford building WSLS By Justin Faulconer A historic structure that up until a few years ago housed a retirement home will host visitors and meetings instead as a bed and breakfast inn and event facility. City Council approved a rezoning measure Tuesday that allows Runk ...
JB - I had seen ads for this retirement home on tv here not too long ago! haha This is a neat old building, but I have to say there are B&B's in that area have that empty rooms, often. I would say their website are hugely lacking and their marketing, a couple have closed down in recent years. One was on this forum and tried to open a restaurant and facility for receptions and was knocked back at every turn in that county and had to build a totally new structure as a ball room alongside the historic home that is the B&B. VERY stringent. (I see there is no URL associated with that inn I mentioned, probably closed their doors!)

B&B to occupy historic Bedford building
WSLS
B&B to occupy historic Bedford building WSLS By Justin Faulconer A historic structure that up until a few years ago housed a retirement home will host visitors and meetings instead as a bed and breakfast inn and event facility. City Council approved a rezoning measure Tuesday that allows Runk ...
JB - I had seen ads for this retirement home on tv here not too long ago! haha This is a neat old building, but I have to say there are B&B's in that area have that empty rooms, often. I would say their website are hugely lacking and their marketing, a couple have closed down in recent years. One was on this forum and tried to open a restaurant and facility for receptions and was knocked back at every turn in that county and had to build a totally new structure as a ball room alongside the historic home that is the B&B. VERY stringent. (I see there is no URL associated with that inn I mentioned, probably closed their doors!).
Sounds like they will do more events with stayovers than B&B stays. Hopefully that's where the money is. Kind of too bad they had to add the exterior stairway on the front of the building. It's a gorgeous building.

Back