Inn the news May 4, 2012

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Another WaPo bedcheck article. Some odd things and also no prices on the website? Then there is another inn across the street, no photos? The website is VERY confusing. No breakfast? I guess if it doesn't mention breakfast, then that means there isn't any.
Bed Check: The Lookaway Inn in North Augusta, SC, is quite a looker
[COLOR= rgb(119, 119, 119)]Washington Post[/COLOR]
Across the street, James's former home, Rosemary Hall, is now the Rosemary Inn, a bed-and-breakfast with a Gilded Age interior and the same creamy exterior. Not playing favorites, but I was glad that I'd picked Walter over James.

When you go to reserve a room, you get a selection of prices but when you click the "more information" link on the picinic package it brings you back to the reservation page.

I'm familiar with these two places and they are extraordinarily beautiful iconic Southern plantation style historic homes (well, the Lookaway is historic where you check in) with beautiful views of the river over to Georgia. They are operated more like hotels, as they're part of multiple property ownership. Room rates are in the reservation system, which you see often with these "boutique" B&B/hotels. There's a link to the Rosemary under the "Visit" drop down on the Lookaway's site. At the Lookaway, there's coffee and pastries listed under "Historic Inn", then "Features and Amenities". There's a full breakfast listed under the amenities on the Rosemary's site.
But, I definitely agree that you have to go looking for the info.
fyi - this area is home to the Masters Golf Tournament in the Spring every year - many businesses make their year off of that one week alone! People rent out their houses for big bucks and hotels jack their rates waaaaaaaaaaaaaay up.
I travel often to downtown Augusta, GA and North Augusta, SC is right across the river. These places are on my list!

Back