Inn the news Nov 21, 2011

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"They would not stay themselves"..... I had a local man book a night with dinner for his wife's birthday and they loved it! I guess they never thought about how nice it would be to celebrate a special event with a get-away that they did not have to drive 5 hours to get to. Sigh!!!

"They would not stay themselves"..... I had a local man book a night with dinner for his wife's birthday and they loved it! I guess they never thought about how nice it would be to celebrate a special event with a get-away that they did not have to drive 5 hours to get to. Sigh!!!.
gillumhouse said:
"They would not stay themselves"..... I had a local man book a night with dinner for his wife's birthday and they loved it! I guess they never thought about how nice it would be to celebrate a special event with a get-away that they did not have to drive 5 hours to get to. Sigh!!!
Save FUEL and TIME. In the past whenever I have had locals of any sort (like I did last week from a nearby city) and have known this guy on Twitter for a while, he is a marketing genius (I have shared his branding website ex here) and begged for his company to rebrand our county! (They won't pay for it, he really hones into the whole recreational side and I just love his work!) I tell them "Just blindfold your wife, drive around the block a few times, bring her in and she won't even know where she is!" haha
Heck for the extra fuel cost you can add a bouquet of flowers to the room!
Staycations.

Hey! I've stayed at 3 of those B&Bs over the years!
I attended something like this years ago right before the holidays in a nearby county where I lived in Maryland - there was a small fee for the tour, with that money going to that County's Hospice program. There were a lot more than 20 folks that attended in a day. I didn't stay in any of those inns, but it helped to cement my resolve to try to stay in B&Bs!
Maybe this will catch on more if they repeat it next year.

[tr]

Bed and Breakfast Travelers Seek Romantic Destinations, Plan to Travel as Much ...
Sacramento Bee
21, 2011 -- /PRNewswire/ -- While winter fills the air with the scent of pine trees and fireplaces, for bed and breakfast travelers, there's also romance in the air. Two out of three B&B travelers look for romantic locations (60%) for their weekend ...
See all stories on this topic »
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

bed and breakfast now open
The Rome Observer
ROME – The Oak and Ivy Bed and Breakfast was awarded its First Dollar of Business by the Rome Chamber of Commerce on Friday, Nov. 18. Oak and Ivy owner Fred Rice bought the house located at 600 N. George St. in 2008 after the insistence of a local ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

New bed and breakfast plans approved for old Montague manse
White Lake Beacon
After a year of planning and rehabbing an old manse, Valerie and John Hanson have been approved by the City of Montague Planning Commission to open up a bed and breakfast in their home at 5200 Anderson Road. Currently, the Hansons own Bygone Basics, ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

Who's Behind the Counter: Sabrina Stough at Paradise Bed and Breakfast
Patch.com
Patch: Obviously you offer bed and breakfast, but what other services do you do? Stough: Our zoning does not allow us to cook on premises, so we can only serve a Continental breakfast, but we try to fancy it up. There are four common rooms on the first ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

French couple's "unique" honeymoon experience
Clearfield Progress
Sophie and Jerome Halimi, from Nice, France, stopped at the Victorian Loft Bed and Breakfast in Clearfield over the weekend for two nights, three days on their honeymoon, which also included New Orleans, Washington DC, Atlantic City, ...
[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]

[tr]

'Old Florida' endures in St. George Island, Apalachicola
ABC Action News
Coombs House Inn, a Queen Anne-style home, serves as a bed-and-breakfast inn. The Gibson Inn, a hotel in 1907, continues its tradition of hospitality by offering a cozy bar and lobby, topped by 30 guestrooms. The Water Street Hotel and Marina has 30 ...
[/td]

[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]
[/td]
[/tr]

[/table]

Back